Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton fumble to end the game?
That was the prettiest spiral on a 10 yard forward fumble I've ever seen.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:13 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Holier than thou because it gets embarrassing to see the same "blame the refs" thread after every single game? Cool dude. If that's how these people want to go through life you do you. To the rest of us it gets old having the same crap said after every game.

I must have missed where the refs tripped Dre running with no one in front of him. Or when they greased up the ball before Daltons fumble. Or when threw quicksand down under the Olines feet before every run play. My bad, you guys must have caught that. 

You are being stupid now. As I commented the announcers also thought they would change the call. But we all know you are smarter than everyone else. If , In the future, there are any close calls maybe you can get on line immediately and tell us the proper call so the rest of us can see how intelligent you are.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:13 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Holier than thou because it gets embarrassing to see the same "blame the refs" thread after every single game? Cool dude. If that's how these people want to go through life you do you. To the rest of us it gets old having the same crap said after every game.

I must have missed where the refs tripped Dre running with no one in front of him. Or when they greased up the ball before Daltons fumble. Or when threw quicksand down under the Olines feet before every run play. My bad, you guys must have caught that. 

Agenda agenda.  Talk about pathetic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Gene said it was an incomplete pass. It was an incomplete pass, and a horrible review by NY. In my opinion it didn't change the outcome of the game, and I don't think it was because it was the Bengals, but you can't be that bad or reviews are a waste of time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Gene said it was an incomplete pass.  It was an incomplete pass, and a horrible review by NY.  In my opinion it didn't change the outcome of the game, and I don't think it was because it was the Bengals, but you can't be that bad or reviews are a waste of time.

Which is puzzling, because they saw what everyone else saw.....
Reply/Quote
My issue with the officiating and reviews especially is how inconsistent they seem to be. On the first or second Seattle drive, did anyone notice the open handed slap the Seahawk receiver gave on of our DBs? It happened right in front of the official with no flag. Earlier that same drive there was some shoving that was ignored as well. I immediately told my dad that the refs will let this go for now, but a Bengals player was going to retaliate at a big moment, get flagged, and cost us points. I’m sure I wasn’t the only fan to think it either. It happens way to often to us.

The review on the John Ross incompletion in the first quarter was bad too I felt. How many times have we seen that same play called a completion against us? He had his hands under it. Looked to have control. Maybe the back half of the ball touched the ground, but according to announcers last year that’s ok as long the receiver has his hands under it and control. Maybe it’s bias but those calls seem to pretty consistently go against us wether it’s incomplete for us or complete for the opposition. I’m fine if they want to call the Ross play incomplete and the Dalton play a fumble as long as they consistently call it that way but from what I’ve seen that’s not going to happen. And there really isn’t an excuse for it since it’s the same guy making the calls.

Sorry if that is too much of a rant. The team played really well yesterday and I’m excited for the season. Just tough to have a new coach with a fresh approach to the game get met with the same old crap from the NFL officiating crew.
Reply/Quote
To be fair, we did get away with running into the kicker on the Seahawks previous drive sooooooooooooooooooooooo ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:45 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Here we go. Rolleyes

Obviously it was a bad call but that was one if the best officiated games I've seen in a long time. They let the teams play and didn't impact the game with bogus calls throughout. This Bengals fan little man syndrome every single freaking game is what's pathetic.

Looking back your right, it was nice not seeing it rain flags letting them play. I couldn’t tell you how many times Hart jumped early with no flag. But that last call was horrible. No reason that should have been called a fumble. But if the refs were out to get us they had plenty of chances with Hart alone.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:29 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Looking back your right, it was nice not seeing it rain flags letting them play. I couldn’t tell you how many times Hart jumped early with no flag. But that last call was horrible. No reason that should have been called a fumble. But if the refs were out to get us they had plenty of chances with Hart alone.

I see that on almost every play in pretty much every game.  It must be an optical illusion.  Officials sure didn't have a problem with flagging him last year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was a pretty terribly-officiated game; it was the crew's first game and they missed a ton (Andy was Horse-collared by Clowney when he ran OB, Andy was hit in the head via shoulder on the fumble/incompletion, etc.).

Chance to score or not, we as Bengals fans have wanted the game to be called fairly, forever; the fumble/incompletion (and the Dre penalty) were NOT fair in the slightest.

Letting our QB get horse collared and slapped in the head tells me all I need to know. 

But that wasn't the worst of it. The rigged ass NFL making a totally bogus call on a REPLAY... WOW.

It would be nice if Mike Brown would ruffle some feathers and let the coaches and players know he will fight for them. Maybe they would quit shitting on us if he made some public comments. 
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Dalton received a helmet to helmet after he released the ball (petty, but would have been called for Brady and other darlings), which would have put the ball around midfield with 9 seconds left if they had gotten the call correct.

Still a prayer to win there but not impossible.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:44 AM)WhoDeyAllDay Wrote: Bad call for sure, but would we have scored with 9 seconds left? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have done it before.....   vs Ravens and earlier that game....       

all it takes is hitting ross in the open field....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It would be nice if Mike Brown would ruffle some feathers and let the coaches and players know he will fight for them. Maybe they would quit shitting on us if he made some public comments. 

this all might be happening cause of the feathers hes ruffled in the past.
Reply/Quote
While it sucks that we were denied one final heave to the end zone because of a blatantly bad call by the people in NYC or whatever, the number of times that actually works is like...maybe 1 in a 100? I don't think it's that big of a deal. Definitely a problem for the people making decisions on what a fumble is, but for our specific scenario, I think the result is the same either way.
Reply/Quote
NFL officials screw this call up consistently all the time not just against us. probably will be a controversy in a playoff game before this gets fixed for good. It's maddening they haven't fixed this already. had it been reversed they would have called it on Seahawks as well. Officials don't know what a fumble by the QB is yet
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, we did get away with running into the kicker on the Seahawks previous drive sooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

No we didn't; Evans held up and didn't knock Dickson down, he tripped over his own player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely wasn’t a fumble but even if we got the ball back we had 9 seconds left from are own 31 pretty sure Dalton wouldn’t be able to reach the end zone or the rush would get there before he had the time to throw it that deep.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else think that pass interference challenge was going to overturn the PI?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:41 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Definitely wasn’t a fumble but even if we got the ball back we had 9 seconds left from are own 31 pretty sure Dalton wouldn’t be able to reach the end zone or the rush would get there before he had the time to throw it that deep.

A deep out with the WR running OB might have left a second on the clock. Or even a PI?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:19 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'm pretty sure Dalton received a helmet to helmet after he released the ball (petty, but would have been called for Brady and other darlings), which would have put the ball around midfield with 9 seconds left if they had gotten the call correct.

Still a prayer to win there but not impossible.

Shoulder to Dalton's head was basically the same as Burfict's hit on AB. Of course we don't get the call. Hopefully the same refs who watched the replay will fine Seattle's player
Reply/Quote