Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton injures ankle
(09-18-2016, 06:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: Fellas - I AM a Dalton fan - but I can also step away from the homerism and call it like I see it.

He was laser sharp on some passes and threw horrible floater ducks on many others. I have never seen so many BAD "easy" short pass attempts. He does not know when to flip it softly and lead the receiver. He just doesn't. He is not a touch and feel finesse passer.

He has a ton of positives and I love the guy but let's keep it real. Those stats also are largely padded / inflated by the dink and dunks after 3rd Q (some of which were barely caught as they were thrown so badly)

Then, he has this horrible habit of throwing it on 3rd down to a target that is covered and well-short of the 1ST down. Drives me insane.

He was not even close to his sharpest today.

He had almost 300 yards going into the 4th though...

Yes, some throws were off - on both sides - thanks in large part to the weather.

(09-18-2016, 06:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: So did ben. It was this thing called rain...made the ball a little slippery.

It doesn't take a "homer" to see the weather was an issue on both sides. I guess no one saw Ben throwing high, completing 51% and throwing a couple picks? Slipping a few times on the grass and looking at (and wiping off) his hands? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: They fixed the sack problem this past week in practice. This coming week they'll fix the run blocking.

How did they fix it? Pitt had a 4 MAN PASS RUSH. 

And they still managed to drill Dalton, possibly for a while depending on how bad his injury is.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He had almost 300 yards going into the 4th though...

Yes, some throws were off - on both sides - thanks in large part to the weather.

It doesn't take a "homer" to see the weather was an issue on both sides. I guess no one saw Ben throwing high, completing 51% and throwing a couple picks? Slipping a few times on the grass and looking at (and wiping off) his hands? 

He threw 4, the Bengals just only chose to hang onto 2 of them. Lol

Of course with that in mind, Dalton threw 1 as well and the Steelers chose to not hold onto it as well.

Either way you break it, weather was an issue for both sides. Ben just got more time to throw it because his OL was allowed to blatantly hold all day right in front of the refs. I actually feel like it's kind of like Seattle that one year where they said "we'll just do PI every single play because the NFL won't call it every single play because it'd ruin the game".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron
68 passer rating
212 yards
3 fumbles
1 TD/1 INT
16 points at home
near comeback that ends with fumble

McCarron is a hero!!!

Dalton
84 passer rating
366 yards
0 fumbles
0 INTs
16 points on the road

Dalton SUUUUCKS!!!

Whatever

That comparison doesn't really make sense. Dalton's game is in the regular season where he plays much better and the other game is a playoff game where it doesn't seem to matter who QBs the Bengals, but they are sure to suck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron
68 passer rating
212 yards
3 fumbles
1 TD/1 INT
16 points at home

McCarron is a hero!!!

Dalton
84 passer rating
366 yards
0 fumbles
0 INTs
16 points on the road

Dalton SUUUUCKS!!!

Whatever

And both games were in the rain.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That comparison doesn't really make sense. Dalton's game is in the regular season where he plays much better and the other game is a playoff game where it doesn't seem to matter who QBs the Bengals, but they are sure to suck.

I'll give you that. I'm just aggravated with all the people calling for Dalton's head in the game day thread and elsewhere.

Dalton had a much better day than McCarron and is somehow a goat, while McCarron was a hero in a similar type of game.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy, so whether or not it was a playoff game is irrelevant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:55 PM)BengalRed Wrote: And both games were in the rain.

True. Lot of similarities. Too many for my tastes.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:21 PM)Sweetness Wrote: All things considered Dalton didn't do too too bad. You could tell he was limited mobile wise, not that he's ever a speedster. Showed his toughness again after he bounced back up after the late hit where he ate dirt. The drops hurt them more then anything. Mutiple drops lead to 3rd and long along with no run game.

Are you referring to the hit at the 6:48 mark in 4th quarter?  Zeitler #68 got tossed by the defender, and stood there while the defender ran past him and flattened Dalton knocking off his helmet.  I hope Zeitler doesn't expect to get DeCastro money the way he is playin so far. Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals had lots of issues on offense today but one of them was not Andy Dalton.

WTF was the reason for playing slow-motion in the 4th before scoring the last TD? They didn't act like a team trying to come back and win the game!!! ^%$&^%%#^%^%!  Oh that's right Marvin Lewis is still the HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll give you that. I'm just aggravated with all the people calling for Dalton's head in the game day thread and elsewhere.

Dalton had a much better day than McCarron and is somehow a goat, while McCarron was a hero in a similar type of game.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy, so whether or not it was a playoff game is irrelevant.

Dalton didn't have a bad game. Wasn't great or anything but he's far from the cause of the problems. He had a higher completion % than Rothlesburger and no INTs to Ben's two.

Eyes need to be on Lewis and our OC. The defensive game plan was decent. Holding the Steelers to 24 points was a success. The offense's 16 points was not. Gotta out score the other team and just no idea why we can't run the f'n ball. It was a problem last year and it's still there.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:18 PM)Derrick Wrote: WTF was the reason for playing slow-motion in the 4th before scoring the last TD? They didn't act like a team trying to come back and win the game!!! ^%$&^%%#^%^%!  Oh that's right Marvin Lewis is still the HC.

That play I remember it was a slow slow get to the line...  I could care less anymore who is the qb...  I just want to win these games... but that play did take a while to develop.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton didn't have a bad game. Wasn't great or anything but he's far from the cause of the problems. He had a higher completion % than Rothlesburger and no INTs to Ben's two.

Eyes need to be on Lewis and our OC. The defensive game plan was decent. Holding the Steelers to 24 points was a success. The offense's 16 points was not. Gotta out score the other team and just no idea why we can't run the f'n ball. It was a problem last year and it's still there.

That's an excellent point!  The defense did a good job picking off Pig Pen twice and holding the Steelers to 24 points.  Considering the crappy field position the Cincinnati offense consistently the left the defense in, allowing 24 points is a minor miracle.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton didn't have a bad game. Wasn't great or anything but he's far from the cause of the problems. He had a higher completion % than Rothlesburger and no INTs to Ben's two.

Dalton wasn't the problem, defense was pretty damn good. What does that leave? 

Obviously we could've used more than 39 yards on 16 carries from our stud RBs. Unfortunately, there just aren't any holes.

Maybe that's why they're "dancing" (which was a common complaint in the GD thread).
Reply/Quote
Dalton played fine given the circumstances. He didn't turn the ball over. Both "high powered" offenses struggled. The issue is our run game. We can't throw it 54 times (in a downpour) and expect to win. If we don't get our run game fixed we're in trouble. It gets no easier against the champs next Sunday.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Andy had a decent game. He was off target a lot, but the running game did him no favors. He played well enough to not lose it; unfortunately, he didn't play well enough to win it.

For those sayin he had a better game than Big Ben: I wonder what they would have said if the stats were reversed and Andy passed for 3 TDs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy had a decent game. He was off target a lot, but the running game did him no favors. He played well enough to not lose it; unfortunately, he didn't play well enough to win it.

For those sayin he had a better game than Big Ben: I wonder what they would have said if the stats were reversed and Andy passed for 3 TDs

...and I wonder how others would've reacted to 2 INTs, 78.5 rating and 51% completion rate?

Not to mention all those deep balls that were way off. Sheesh. Some would've had a field day.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and I wonder how others would've reacted to 2 INTs, 78.5 rating and 51% completion rate?

Not to mention all those deep balls that were way off. Sheesh. Some would've had a field day.

Sure they would. Some folks just cannot see thing objectively. As I said he had a decent game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Andy did not have receivers running around in GIANT holes in the secondary like Ben did. Of the three TDs all of them were badly blown coverages. Meanwhile the Stealers got constant pressure with hits and such rushing only 4, meaning they had 7 in coverage so there were no open targets.

The masculinity of the OL has to be questioned after following up a horrible performance against the Jets with getting beat all day by a 4 man front. Without 366 yards from Andy we would have lost 24-0 or worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure they would. Some folks just cannot see thing objectively. As I said he had a decent game.

I detect some sarcasm there?

I haven't seen anyone say Dalton was outstanding.

I've seen more than a few calling for Dalton's benching and saying a QB with 366 yards, 1 TD and 0 turnovers SUUUCKED today.
Reply/Quote
I thought he played well. Accuracy seemed to be an issue mainly attributed to weather I believe. He battled, made smart decisions especially the last two drives, and had zero turnovers.
Reply/Quote