Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton out of cast, not throwing (yet) - stay tuned...
(01-06-2016, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton downgraded. Not dressing, or limited. In sweats on sideline today.

Well that sucks...
Reply/Quote
I really thought Andy would be able to play, but now I'm starting to think we have McCarron for the whole post season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton downgraded. Not dressing, or limited. In sweats on sideline today.

Yeah I don't like it but I guess it was to be expected. Looks like we gotta ride this McCarron train through the steelers and see where we are going into Foxborough.  CHOO CHOO!  Who Dey

Reply/Quote
When I had an injury years ago I was told that as a rule of thumb (no pun intended) the recovery time was about half of the time spent in a cast. But, of course, every injury is different. And I am also sure that dalton has been receiving special treatment to keep his hand from atrophying. They actually use electrical stimulation to make muscles contract while immobilized in a cast.

So If he can get back the strength in his hand in half of the time it was in a cast he should be ready to play within 2 to 3 weeks.

But as I have said before the throwing hand of a QB has to be close to 100% for him to be effective. It is not like an injury to another body part that is not as crucial to throwing the ball. Dalton could probably play with an ankle or knee at 75%, but his throwing hand has to be close to 100%.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I had an injury years ago I was told that as a rule of thumb (no pun intended) the recovery time was about half of the time spent in a cast.  But, of course, every injury is different.  And I am also sure that dalton has been receiving special treatment to keep his hand from atrophying.  They actually use electrical stimulation to make muscles contract while immobilized in a cast.

So If he can get back the strength in his hand in half of the time it was in a cast he should be ready to play within 2 to 3 weeks.

But as I have said before the throwing hand of a QB has to be close to 100% for him to be effective.  It is not like an injury to another body part that is not as crucial to throwing the ball.  Dalton could probably play with an ankle or knee at 75%, but his throwing hand has to be close to 100%.
Wasn't he in a cast for 3 weeks and a day?  Half of that would be about 11 days, meaning he might be ready for the divisional round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's going to be rusty and I'd doubt he'd be 100%. So a rusty non-100% dalton vs someone who just won a playoff game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote