Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's Showing Fire In Camp! (And 4 Other Camp Notes)
(08-12-2015, 11:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummmm, shouldn't you be making a joke post? What's with this serious post? I mean, just because it's 100% true doesn't mean that you need to stop with your sarcastic and acerbic wit. C'mon Nately, people aren't going to respect you unless you do everything that they want you to do, even if it's not exactly who you are!

Mellow

My dog can't play pool.  He's got no balls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 10:54 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Andy Dalton does not even swear, and he wears a rubber wedding ring.  Nuff said.  No one respects him.

I wear a QALO wedding ring as well.. Look it up and why people wear them before you knock it and sound stupid in the process.
Reply/Quote
OK so Andy doesn't cuss but he could at least threaten to steal their souls.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 12:50 AM)Utts Wrote: I certainly don't think that. I just find his speeches amusing.

Moreover, I think the idea that Dalton hollering at guys will make a big impact is silly. These are grown men and professionals. If they aren't sufficiently motivated already, having Red act as cheerleader and enforcer is not going to help. We don't have a motivation problem anyway.

Well maybe he can yell "What time is it?!?" in Tyler Eifert's face.  Then go and yell, and ask the D line if there's "Any dogs in the house?!?".  Who gives a **** what players say before games? Joe Flacco admitted that he rolled his eyes at Ray Lewis' schtick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He's showing a little bit of fire.....and his dick.

[Image: still-of-clark-duke-in-sex-drive-(2008).jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dalton showing fire in camp....lol the title alone makes me laugh let alone the OP actually getting excited about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 08:57 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Dalton showing fire in camp....lol the title alone makes me laugh let alone the OP actually getting excited about it.

Please explain.

Ever hear the phrase "you play like you practice"?

If he's just all calm, laid-back, and not demanding in practice, do you think anyone will take him seriously in games?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 08:57 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Dalton showing fire in camp....lol the title alone makes me laugh let alone the OP actually getting excited about it.

Ha, I felt the same way. We're so desperate to praise him, we have to get excited because he said bad snaps can't happen (in practice )?

I don't get it. What is Andy going to do? Congratulate Bodine for messing up? If our fans are so eager to praise dalton for 'speaking up' they should watch Hard Knocks. The Texas players and coaches speak up about 100 times per episode.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:17 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: What is Andy going to do? 

Look straight into the camera with that dead-eyed gaze....

....and whip out his wiener.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is good to hear.
I imagine Whit has helped with this, quite a bit.
Andy is surely maturing and will hopefully develop consistency.
Perhaps all the talk of the backup lit a fire, as well.
Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:09 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Look straight into the camera with that dead-eyed gaze....

....and whip out his wiener.

Bush fire.

It is flaming red you know.
Reply/Quote
Yelling, screaming, fire, leadership, blah, blah. Andy has to lead the team to victories when it counts to become a leader !

A riproaring pregame speech does little if you crap your pants when the heat is on.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 12:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yelling, screaming, fire, leadership, blah, blah. Andy has to lead the team to victories when it counts to become a leader !

A riproaring pregame speech does little if you crap your pants when the heat is on.

That's how you become a leader that the team can follow to victories- fire them up and inspire them to trust you and follow you.

I agree that he still needs to get it done when it counts, but having the team trust that he'll take them there and be enthusiastic to follow him is a hell of a start.

If it's game time, players aren't going to be thinking "oh, he's enthusiastic now, but he'll choke," because they're just running on emotion, too, and looking for someone to follow.
Reply/Quote
A leader is someone who people respect and trust. That respect could come out of fear, or adoration, or some other qualities.

If his teammates don't respect or fear Dalton, there's not much that he can do to overcome that other than earning that through his play and how he carries himself.

Being more vocal is meaningless if people don't respect him. Coaches "lose their team" for much this same reason.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 06:30 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: A leader is someone who people respect and trust.  That respect could come out of fear, or adoration, or some other qualities.  

If his teammates don't respect or fear Dalton, there's not much that he can do to overcome that other than earning that through his play and how he carries himself.  

Being more vocal is meaningless if people don't respect him.  Coaches "lose their team" for much this same reason.

Agree, and even on the admire part, people still aren't going to follow you as a leader, at least on a football field, if they don't fear letting you down or fear being called out.

The "ra-ra, let's have a party with balloons and cake" may work for an office when they reach a sales number or some other milestone, but a football team needs to look at the QB and think "that's my General and I better not let him down or else I'm letting everyone down.....   he'll lead us to victory."

Being nice and friendly is great off the field, but on the field, it needs to be foots in asses.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agree, and even on the admire part, people still aren't going to follow you as a leader, at least on a football field, if they don't fear letting you down or fear being called out.

The "ra-ra, let's have a party with balloons and cake" may work for an office when they reach a sales number or some other milestone, but a football team needs to look at the QB and think "that's my General and I better not let him down or else I'm letting everyone down.....   he'll lead us to victory."

Being nice and friendly is great off the field, but on the field, it needs to be foots in asses.

I lurked on JN for years and never posted.  Over the last couple of years, I've seen every argument with every stat that you can throw out there from posters on both sides. 

I'm not a Dalton "hater" nor a Dalton "homer"....I'll root for anyone who wears the orange and black to do well. 

Having said that, I do question Andy's leadership.  I just don't look at the guy as someone that the players on that team fear or look up to.  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 07:09 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I lurked on JN for years and never posted.  Over the last couple of years, I've seen every argument with every stat that you can throw out there from posters on both sides. 

I'm not a Dalton "hater" nor a Dalton "homer"....I'll root for anyone who wears the orange and black to do well. 

Having said that, I do question Andy's leadership.  I just don't look at the guy as someone that the players on that team fear or look up to.  

That's why I'm pumped about this news!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 07:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's why I'm pumped about this news!

I hope it means something. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  I see better than I hear.   Ninja
Reply/Quote