Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton still sucks.
(08-26-2015, 12:24 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm not seeing it with AJ. I was hopeful his time relaxing and rehabbing would give him a chance to look good when he got his shot.

On Monday, it looked like his balls were brown pigeons with one broke wing — the balls were wobbling in the air and didn't look very catchable. His decision making seemed ok, but considering he was playing against the bench, if he had any hope of impressing he should have been better than "ok."

Sadly enough, this is what I saw as well.  I sure wish we had a better QB than Dalton and as much as I hoped for McCarron to be a possible upgrade, it just doesn't appear to be so.  Sometimes Dalton looks real good though.  I guess that's enough to give me hope from week to week

McCarron's arm looked even weaker than Andy's and they sure did wobble a lot.  Sad
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
PhilHos
So you're saying Andy will have his worst season ever? I mean, he's always had more good Andy days than bad Andy days, even last year. What's happened that makes you think this will be his worst season ever? 

Because I think he's in a shaky place.  If nothing goes wrong, we'll be fine.  How often does that happen to any team over the course of a season to any team? 

There's so much pressure on him.   He's GOT TO win in the playoffs but first he has to get them there, he has to take charge, make it his team, be more vocal.  If it's his team, who gets the most  blame?

The failures have been team failures but whose name is spoken first?

They keep trying to tinker with him, change this, change that, be this, be that.  They do everything but let him be.

What other QB in the league has gone through that?  How many athletes can stand up to that?

I believe he's standing at the foot of an avalanche and afraid to make a wrong move.  The in-game response is to try to make up for a mistake and we know how that can go.

I think they need to leave him alone, let him run the no huddle and get the **** out of his way.  What they are doing, based on what they are saying, is going about it all wrong.

Hey, they broke CP.  What makes you think they won't break him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
My god people, it's only preseason. McCarron still has 2 games to show us he's way better than Dalton! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 06:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My god people, it's only preseason.  McCarron still has 2 games to show us he's way better than Dalton! Ninja
And 2 more games to show why 8 QBs were taken ahead of him, including a guy who blew his knee out...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 07:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And 2 more games to show why 8 QBs were taken ahead of him, including a guy who blew his knee out...

Man, this would be a much snappier comeback had Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, and Blame Gabbert not been taken in front of Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Yep as usual no matter what everyone in the world saw (our shaky oline, aj green drops, hill fumble, no pressure etc)...... It's Daltons fault!

He actually looked sharp with most of his throws. If you watched. He got in trouble when he tried to save the night after the Pick 6. And we saw what happened. But I can't see how you watch that game and think it was Dalton ala Cleveland. His ball placement was relatively good.

You're the first Dalton supporter who admits his Cleveland performance was bad. Most excuses I heard are the same exact ones in this thread. :snark:
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 12:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So you're saying Andy will have his worst season ever? I mean, he's always had more good Andy days than bad Andy days, even last year. What's happened that makes you think this will be his worst season ever? 

I think he's lost his confidence. He doubts himself and it shows.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:43 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: No im not blaming him for the tip pass, pick six so shush.

I'm not blaming him for the piss poor, pass protection.

What I did see was the same old Andy Dalton that drops back, closes his eyes and chucks the ball up to AJ Green regardless of how much time he has to throw.

He doesn't check down.  He doesn't go through progressions.  He can't hit Sanu on a wide open out route with no pressure in his face.

Dalton has not improved one single bit.

Stop expecting Andy to make something out of nothing. He needs a lot more time to look the field over. Four things need to happen. 1. Build an unpenatrable fortress around Andy. 2. Sanu needs to get more separation from CBs. 2. Eifert must learn to take open shots to the rib cage and still hold on to the ball (High passes is a Dalton trademark). 3. Release AJ. Tired of him making Andy look bad. 4. Bench Hill, start Burkhead.

Oops! Almost forgot, Andy needs more weapons. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I have been unable to watch any preseason football because I have been working too much. However, by the writings in here, it sounds like I have avoided another Dalton ulcer. I now am thankful that I have such a demanding job to protect me from the horror of another disheartening diplay of bullshit.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 06:52 PM)McC Wrote: PhilHos
So you're saying Andy will have his worst season ever? I mean, he's always had more good Andy days than bad Andy days, even last year. What's happened that makes you think this will be his worst season ever? 

Because I think he's in a shaky place.  If nothing goes wrong, we'll be fine.  How often does that happen to any team over the course of a season to any team? 

There's so much pressure on him.   He's GOT TO win in the playoffs but first he has to get them there, he has to take charge, make it his team, be more vocal.  If it's his team, who gets the most  blame?

The failures have been team failures but whose name is spoken first?

They keep trying to tinker with him, change this, change that, be this, be that.  They do everything but let him be.

What other QB in the league has gone through that?  How many athletes can stand up to that?

I believe he's standing at the foot of an avalanche and afraid to make a wrong move.  The in-game response is to try to make up for a mistake and we know how that can go.

I think they need to leave him alone, let him run the no huddle and get the **** out of his way.  What they are doing, based on what they are saying, is going about it all wrong.

Fair enogh. Obviously, I disagree. I see Dalton bouncing back and having his BEST season. Maybe not breaking any statistical records, but I do see him having his best QB rating by season's end. 

Is it fair to say we're both hoping for my viewpoint to happen at least? ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 10:40 PM)Fresno B Wrote: You're the first Dalton supporter who admits his Cleveland performance was bad. Most excuses I heard are the same exact ones in this thread. :snark:

What? Who ever said Dalton's 2.0 game was NOT bad? Seriously, I want names.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Fair enogh. Obviously, I disagree. I see Dalton bouncing back and having his BEST season. Maybe not breaking any statistical records, but I do see him having his best QB rating by season's end. 

Is it fair to say we're both hoping for my viewpoint to happen at least? ThumbsUp

You bet.  I want nothing but the best for Andy.  That's why I wish they would get off his back.  The level of scrutiny he gets from the outside is already high enough.  Just let him relax and do what he's done since grade school--play football.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What? Who ever said Dalton's 2.0 game was NOT bad? Seriously, I want names.

Yeah, I've seen some people say stuff like "well, the rest of the team played crappy too, so we wouldn't have won no matter what Andy did!" to try and ease the pain a bit, but I don't think I've EVER seen anybody say that the 2.0 game wasn't poor football playing on his part.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:37 AM)McC Wrote: You bet.  I want nothing but the best for Andy.  That's why I wish they would get off his back.  The level of scrutiny he gets from the outside is already high enough.  Just let him relax and do what he's done since grade school--play football.

I found this article today. Yes, AD sees the hate. So for those of you who throw it around, congrats he sees it.....................I guess you should be proud :angry:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516612/article/andy-dalton-criticism-is-impossible-for-me-to-avoid

I am with you McC
I don't see any help for Andy by spewing hatrid
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:15 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I found this article today. Yes, AD sees the hate. So for those of you who throw it around, congrats he sees it.....................I guess you should be proud :angry:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516612/article/andy-dalton-criticism-is-impossible-for-me-to-avoid

I am with you McC
I don't see any help for Andy by spewing hatrid
Andy has a pair right? He should use the hatred as fuel. Oh wait..... Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:26 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: Andy has a pair right? He should use the hatred as fuel. Oh wait..... Confused

I have always stated, those who make these type of comments hiding behind a computer are more than likely blowhards who will not say the same thing to someone's face.

It is easy to throw around insults to those who can't defend themselves in person. I hope you are as nasty to others in person and not just an internet bully. I find internet bullies normally have no spine.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 06:52 PM)McC Wrote: Because I think he's in a shaky place.  If nothing goes wrong, we'll be fine.  How often does that happen to any team over the course of a season to any team? 

(08-27-2015, 01:38 AM)Utts Wrote: I think he's lost his confidence. He doubts himself and it shows.

I don't think you guys are giving Dalton enough credit.  If his spirit or will was broken in that Cleveland game then he would not have been able to dust himself off and finish the last 7 games with a 91.2 passer rating despite having an injury riddled receiving corps.

The one thing Dalton has proven is that adversity does not break him.  Not when he bombs in a single game.  Not when we start a season 3-5.  He never gives up and always comes back.
Reply/Quote
I wanna see Dalton make tough throws, not the comeback route or slant. Make those tight knit throws that makes you say wow, he SHOULD be able to do that.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have been unable to watch any preseason football because I have been working too much.  However,  by the writings in here, it sounds like I have avoided another Dalton ulcer. I now am thankful that I have such a demanding job to protect me from the horror of another disheartening diplay of bullshit.

As Bengals, that's how we roll....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What? Who ever said Dalton's 2.0 game was NOT bad? Seriously, I want names.

There's no need for names, there's a lot of you guys, you know who you are. I probably exaggerated what I was saying but there's a certain group on these boards who have deflected any of Dalton's shortcomings onto other players. Fact.
Reply/Quote