Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to I.R. - Bengals sign Tom Savage
Very unfortunate for Dalton, but with the way the season is spiraling downward, perhaps it's for the best.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:51 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Worse than Tom Savage??

Yes, this isn't his SF days. He has been worked out by numerous teams. He is underweight because Jamelle doesn't let him eat meat anymore, and his arm is reportedly dead as a sail rabbit.....
Reply/Quote
Savage, his name says it all
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: It just wasn't the Bengals year.

Says every calendar ever printed...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Savage - he was on the practice squad for a reason, OK
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, he sucks...

He’s way better than a lot of players that have jobs right now, including savage. Hell he’s better than some starters (looking at you Bortles).
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:58 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Savage - he was on the practice squad for a reason, OK

You could say the same of Driskel though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, this isn't his SF days. He has been worked out by numerous teams. He is underweight because Jamelle doesn't let him eat meat anymore, and his arm is reportedly dead as a sail rabbit.....

Not that it matters, but that's not her name. Who are these teams that have worked him out? Last I'd heard he still had some collusion lawsuit or grievance going on with the league... He's still better than Tom Savage I'd have to think.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: Team Driskell rejoices. Worst part about this is I think as bad as we may be down the stretch this is the excuse that will save Marvin.

My thoughts exactly, Mike Brown will probably use this as the reason to justify keeping Marvin. Guess the only good thing is that not having Andy will make it easier for us to lose the rest of our games so we can have a higher draft pick. Honestly I think the only team we would have beaten with Dalton would have been the Raiders. Now with Driskell we have a good chance of losing that game as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You could say the same of Driskel though.

Here in a week or so, we all will be saying that.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You could say the same of Driskel though.

I'm not sure Driskel has ever been on a practice squad. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I put $100 down on the "over" before the season started when Vegas had them at 6.5 games.

5 games into the year it looked like a sure thing.

Now? I don't see us finding two more wins...
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:46 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Team Driskel is ready.Feel bad for Andy,but Driskel is the better Quarterback,and time will tell.But,he has an uphill battle ahead of him with this offensive line.Hopefully AJ will be back this Sunday,at least he should be.

Am I the only one that thinks people who say this are delusional. Driskel is a better an in what effing world
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure Driskel has ever been on a practice squad. 

We signed him off the 49ers I think.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:04 PM)jason Wrote: Not that it matters, but that's not her name. Who are these teams that have worked him out? Last I'd heard he still had some collusion lawsuit or grievance going on with the league... He's still better than Tom Savage I'd have to think.

He had a workout scheduled with the Ravens, which was canceled after Kaep's girlfriend posted to Twitter a racist picture of (Ravens owner) Steve Bisciotti with Ray Lewis implying that Bisciotti was a slave owner and Ray was a slave. 

Btw..we're walking a very fine line here. Tough to discuss Kaep without mentioning the partially political reasons he is not in the league.

(11-26-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure Driskel has ever been on a practice squad. 

I mistakenly thought we got him off of the 49ers practice squad. In reality, he lost a battle with Christian Ponder for 3rd string.

Not sure that's better. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:19 PM)BernLock Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks people who say this are delusional. Driskel is a better an in what effing world

You're not. I think Andy is better than Driskel, but some folks just want a change to see if it matters.

It's just like the guy that says "I don't care who they replace Marvin with, let's just try something different". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not. I think Andy is better than Driskel, but some folks just want a change to see if it matters.

It's just like the guy that says "I don't care who they replace Marvin with, let's just try something different". 

Well, if the same ol' ain't working, what else is there but different?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’d rather have Kap...
Reply/Quote
I’m sorry, but Tom Savage is nowhere close to Kaepernick in talent. Bengals should be using this opportunity to try out Kaep as potential full-time replacement for Dalton next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:19 PM)BernLock Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks people who say this are delusional. Driskel is a better an in what effing world

I like the fact that Driskel is 2" taller than Dalton.  Should result in fewer tipped passes.
Reply/Quote