Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton vs. Bortles article
(01-10-2018, 03:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about those receivers in Jax? 

A valid point, considering Allen Robinson is out for the year. That said, Bortles didn’t set the world on fire when Robinson was healthy. Sure, Allen had a breakout year in 2015, but Bortles was still the erratic passer of today, albeit with a large catch radius guy to throw to.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
This whole conversion is a joke right?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: This whole conversion is a joke right?

Unfortunately, no. :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:30 PM)McC Wrote: Only a real ninny would think Bortles is better than Dalton.  

A cotton headed ninny muggins!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Eh, the difference is Dalton is not holding our team back.

Bortles is holding his back from being a SB contender. They have everything else to get the job done, a great Defense,
running game and good receivers. Bortles has to run so he doesn't throw too many interceptions. If Dalton had the OL
Bortles had this year he would of had much better numbers IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, the difference is Dalton is not holding our team back.

Bortles is holding his back from being a SB contender. They have everything else to get the job done, a great Defense,
running game and good receivers. Bortles has to run so he doesn't throw too many interceptions. If Dalton had the OL
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, the difference is Dalton is not holding our team back.

...and solid coaching from coaches who don't shrink on the big stage. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, the difference is Dalton is not holding our team back.

Dalton has held back several Bengals teams with talent to win it all. It’s why as a Bengals fan I am not a fan of his. He was not good enough as a QB to win with a talented team. Mediocre at best.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:12 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Dalton has held back several Bengals teams with talent to win it all. It’s why as a Bengals fan I am not a fan of his. He was not good enough as a QB to win with a talented team. Mediocre at best.

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't remember any of those talented teams around Andy playing all that well either.

I'm somewhere in the middle on Andy. I think we can win with him, but I'm not opposed to trying to go in another direction either.

I just think it seems a little shady to say he was not good enough to win, and then not mention that the coaching and the rest of the team also weren't good enough. I guess I don't get how you're allocating your blame.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4893827]

Ok..I exaggerated, but the Sunday paper was a killer for a 12 year old kid with the entire route uphill.. That was the Dayton Daily News.. I also delivered the Dayton Shopping News which went to almost every single house in the city for years..

I bet not many old timers from Dayton even remember that paper..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bortles had the #1 rush offense in the NFL this season and he still only put up average numbers. In fact if you watched the game on Sunday the passes that he missed we're easy passes in the flat with no pressure on him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Bortles had the #1 rush offense in the NFL this season and he still only put up average numbers. In fact if you watched the game on Sunday the passes that he missed we're easy passes in the flat with no pressure on him.

The Jags lead 2 rushers averaged 3.9 (Fournette) and 3.4 (Ivory) YPC. It was their 3rd leading rusher that really boosted their stats. Any idea who that was? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sad thing is, even if you add Bortles rushing yards to his passing yards, he still only had 162 yards.

Any way you slice it, it was a bad game. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree. Oh wait, I do know.

The Jags won despite a poor game from Bortles, which proves (yet again) that teams can win with poor QB play. Our team has never been able to overcome. Not in 7 tries.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sad thing is, even if you add Bortles rushing yards to his passing yards, he still only had 162 yards.

Any way you slice it, it was a bad game. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree. Oh wait, I do know.

I think the sadder thing is that even taking away the fact that Bortles led his team in rushing his passer rating was still more than 10 points higher  than Andy's best game.

Any way you slice it is better than any playoff game by Andy Dalton. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree. Oh wait, I do know.   

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Jags lead 2 rushers averaged 3.9 (Fournette) and 3.4 (Ivory) YPC. It was their 3rd leading rusher that really boosted their stats. Any idea who that was? 

Tim Tebow was a great runner to so let me guess that also makes him better than Dalton.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:27 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Tim Tebow was a great runner to so let me guess that also makes him better than Dalton.

No idea why you trotted out Tebow, but if you considered him a great runner then you must consider Bortles phenomenal as his rushing numbers are much better.

Of course none of that has to do with my putting the "Jags #1 rushing attack" into perspective.  

Reply/Quote
I think if Eli goes anywhere it will be to the Jags.
Reply/Quote
Replace Bortles with Dalton and you still get a inaccurate thrower who runs at first sign of pressure and who's pregame speeches do nothing. Both these guys suck and both hold their team back.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the sadder thing is that even taking away the fact that Bortles led his team in rushing his passer rating was still more than 10 points higher  than Andy's best game.

Any way you slice it is better than any playoff game by Andy Dalton. I'm not sure why anyone would disagree. Oh wait, I do know.   

Lol like I said. You can't even admit Bortles had an awful game. When did Dalton ever have 82 yards passing on 23 attempts? 80 yards rushing or not...it was a bad game, he held his offense back, led them to only 10 points, and only won because the defense allowed 3 points. An objective poster would be able to admit when something looks and smells like crap, it is in fact...crap.

I get it, you don't want to admit anything was bad in our playoff games besides the QB's. Give ol' Mervy a good QB and he'd be a SB champion, right?

(01-11-2018, 02:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No idea why you trotted out Tebow, but if you considered him a great runner then you must consider Bortles phenomenal as his rushing numbers are much better.

Of course none of that has to do with my putting the "Jags #1 rushing attack" into perspective.  

Tebow had around 1000 yards and 12 TDs in his 16 starts career starts (counting playoffs). 

Bortles is averaging 370 yards and 1.8 TDs per 16 starts on average. 

What are you talking about?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:25 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/come-this-andy-dalton-blake-bortles/5bhRIXNUu8UZt7Fy26o9LN/

I'd probably get out from under Dalton's contract and let Bortles and McCarron battle it out this summer
With the money saved by unloading Dalton we can probably buy ourselves two Zeitler quality O-lineman
What do you think Bengals nation?

Um... what?

You apparently think Dalton makes a whole lot more money than he actually does. Among all starting QBs (who are no longer on their rookie contracts) Dalton is almost at the very bottom of salary.

2017 QB Contracts Yearly Average:

1. Stafford $27m
2. Carr $25m
3. Luck $24.6m
4. Palmer $24.4m
5. Brees $24.3m
6. Cousins $23.9m
7. Flacco $22m
8. Rogers $22m
9. Wilson $21.9m
10. Rapist $21.9m
11. Manning $21m
12. Rivers $20.8m
13. Newton $20.8m
14. Ryan $20.8m
15. Brady $20.5m
16. Tannehill $19.3m
17. Bradford $18m
18. Smith $17m
19. Dalton $16m
20. Taylor $15.3m
21. Glennon $15m

And then you get into either backups, or players still on their rookie contracts. Keeping in mind that Glennon got $15m, and Cutler got $10m to be an emergency backup off his couch, how much do you realistically expect to save by removing Dalton's $16m/yr and replacing it with Bortles (who is a much worse QB)? MAYBE $4m/yr?

You expect to get 2 Zeitlers for $4m/yr? Even if they replace Dalton with a rookie in the first round, Trubisky is making $7.3m/yr, so you save roughly $9m/yr. Zeitler is on a $12m/yr deal. You couldn't even get ONE of him, let alone two, and then you'd have a shittier QB who would still have to play behind an awful OL, because you used your first round pick on a QB rather than OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote