Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocker: Bengals defense on record setting pace - Marvin not backing Austin
(11-12-2018, 03:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We played a guy yesterday who only has one. He’s ridiculous. Especially at his age.

(11-12-2018, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: No shit.  Can we go back in time somehow, and get him before the Saints did? Smirk

I'm amazed that he has never won a MVP.  I know he doesn't have the rings, and it's all Brady this, and Brady that, but Brees is amazing.

Brees int% his 3 previous seasons were 1.8, 2.2, 1.5.  Dalton's were 1.8, 1.4, 2.4.

And even if we did sign Brees you guys would have ran him out of town a longtime ago.  You guys can't handle a QB like Dalton who still throws ints in his 8th season.  Well Brees threw 17 picks his 8th season, he threw 22 in his 10th season, and he led the league with 19 in his 12th season.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: To be fair to Andy it's not exactly easy to get motivated when you know that the defense is going to cough up a minimum of 40+ points per game and you have a crappy offensive line and the only real star on the O is out..

You make excellent points as usual. However, let’s remember the past few weeks the Bengals have had to try to come from behind. The only way to do this is to throw more often than you normally would. Andy Dalton is best when he throws about 35 passes per game and the Bengals run the ball a lot. If the Bengals are forced to go one dimensional through the air to get chunk plays and make first downs through the air, picks are going to happen. In fact, they happen to any team who is trying to pass deep and score quickly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brees int% his 3 previous seasons were 1.8, 2.2, 1.5.  Dalton's were 1.8, 1.4, 2.4.

And even if we did sign Brees you guys would have ran him out of town a longtime ago.  You guys can't handle a QB like Dalton who still throws ints in his 8th season.  Well Brees threw 17 picks his 8th season, he threw 22 in his 10th season, and he led the league with 19 in his 12th season.

Huh?  I always back Andy.....but if you say you wouldn't take Drew Brees over 30 or so other QBs, you're lying to yourself.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Huh?  I always back Andy.....but if you say you wouldn't take Drew Brees over 30 or so other QBs, you're lying to yourself.

I think you missed the point.

Zogrot was ripping Dalton for throwing ints 8 years into his career.  So I was pointing out that every other QB does exactly the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you missed the point.

Zogrot was ripping Dalton for throwing ints 8 years into his career.  So I was pointing out that every other QB does exactly the same thing.

Indeed I did....my apologies. 

It gets pretty silly with all of the hate toward Dalton. Hell, some people never post until he has a bad game. Remember all of those AJM fans? 

The more rarional critics like CornerBlitz have solid points and are objective. That's being a fair critic, but some of this shit is absurd.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Kawhi is making all us fans LOVE him, now that we're 12-1, so be a robot if it means we win.

This is part of my morning listening routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yf35s55Uyg
Reply/Quote
Our defense has many issues, I don't think we have the talent at LB, Safety, DL or CB we all thought we had.

But, one thing I notice, every game we have tons of missed tackles. I have seen this team miss more one on one tackles than any other team we have fielded. At times, the scheme is great as we have unblocked guys going toe to toe with a QB, RB, TE or WR, but lose 90% of them it appears, we miss the tackles for sacks, for loss or let them get a first down by 2 or 3 missed tackles.

Someone said it, this team on defense and special teams is soft. They don't hit hard and miss way too many tackles.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote