Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton won't need surgery; may be back for playoffs
Quote:#Bengals QB Andy Dalton won't have surgery on his injured thumb, source said. The hope is he's back for the playoffs. Depends how he heals.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

That sounds like good news.

If we can hopefully get a bye, I can see him coming back for playoffs.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Great news

#Bengals QB Andy Dalton won't have surgery on his injured thumb, source said. The hope is he's back for the playoffs. Depends how he heals.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 14, 2015
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Woot was just about to post. Now we just need AJ to get us through that Denver game and we should be the 2 seed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000601513/article/dalton-wont-have-surgery-return-for-playoffs-hopeful
Reply/Quote
And Steelers fans everywhere drop from cloud nine to cloud, like 6ish.
Reply/Quote
How Bengal Nation feels after this news.......

"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We need to get healthy asap. Wouldnt it be great if we win in Denver, have the #2 seed wrapped up before the finale with Baltimore and we can rest our starters?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Good news but not yet jumping for joy. I hope Dalton is a quick healer because we need him if we want to break this playoff victory drought.
Reply/Quote
PHEW
Reply/Quote
Well this is great news!  We're not out of this thing yet.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok. Not the worst scenario so that is good.

Now they know Dalton's status and that he should be able to come back, the Bengals need to concentrate on beating San Francisco. They should be able to move the ball on those guys even with McCarron. It will be a close game regardless but if they can steal a win there, at least they will know they are in the playoffs to begin with.
Reply/Quote
Marvin bout to be on:

http://www.iheart.com/live/espn-1530-1697/?autoplay=true&pname=4977&campid=local&callletters=wcky-am
Reply/Quote
Good news!!! Now let's just hope he is back for the playoffs and playing like the Andy of this season.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Drink your milk Andy.
Reply/Quote
"Doctor" on ESPN just said that surgery would have been a better indicator of Andy to come back in time for the playoffs. No surgery means that there is nothing that could be done to speed the process and Andy's chances of playing this season would be slim. Who knows though. After seeing five different doctors for my son's elbow, all I had was five different opinions
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We need to get healthy asap. Wouldnt it be great if we win in Denver, have the #2 seed wrapped up before the finale with Baltimore and we can rest our starters?

Yes a draft pick game would be nice.

Depends on how andy is healing at that point. If it's slow then we should roll hard and get AJ as much exp with the 1's as possible
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:15 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: "Doctor" on ESPN just said that surgery would have been a better indicator of Andy to come back in time for the playoffs.  No surgery means that there is nothing that could be done to speed the process and Andy's chances of playing this season would be slim.  Who knows though.  After seeing five different doctors for my son's elbow, all I had was five different opinions

Interesting, sounded like in the press conference it was the complete opposite. Marvin said it was best case scenario that Andy didn't need surgery. 

Usually surgery means the break is incapable of healing on its own.
Reply/Quote
Get the bye boys... Get that damn bye!
Reply/Quote
Good. Now hopefully the guys who jumped ship can support the Bengals again.
Reply/Quote
I would still bring in Ponder until Dalton is back, because McCarron needs a solid back-up, and what if the doctors are wrong about the time healing on this. My thumb could heal, but I'm not going to be throwing NFL passes. Does it heal fast enough for that....I hope it does.....but we should still bring in Ponder...and it could get re-injured very easy.....so bring in Ponder....and we could dump somebody and carry 3 QBs in the play-offs...The goal is Super Bowl, so lets load up at QB and go for it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Because, even if Andy's thumb does heal well enough to get cleared to play, it will likely be bitter cold by then, which makes it tough enough to be at the top of one's game, let alone while nursing a broken thumb.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote