Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin cook
(09-11-2017, 11:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's well documented on here Cook is who I wanted.....I said he was homerun hitter....and THREE DOWN BACK. Mixon split carries at OU.  Admittedly....I'm a FSU homer....but I felt DC was a top 5 pick of ANY player in last year's draft.  As others have noted....the Vikes actually addressed their oline as well. Oh....and Zimmer.

**** Mike Brown!

Cook was the best RB in college football at Yards After Contact which is kinda what you need when you have a bad offensive line. Therefore I wanted Cook too.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do me a favor. Check to see how many total carries Mixon had yesterday, then get back to me so i can ask my 2nd question, which is, exactly how long was it before Mixon got back in the game. That second one is kind of general because i can't (deleted the game from the DVR immediately when it was over) go back and check and i distinctly remember there being a very long interval from the time Mixon was in at some point, until he came back in the next time. 

Point, of course, being...the guy needs to be in the game, getting 15-20 carries.

He averaged 1.1 ypc on 8 carries. BOTH Hill and Bernard did better than him.

Acting like giving him 15 to 20 carries would have made a difference isn't reality.
Reply/Quote
yea that was impressive breaking ap's rookie record 120 something, I wonder if mixon will have a 100 yard rushing game all year. Prob won't even get the opportunity
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:37 PM)ah5 Wrote: Only Barry could run with this o-line.

Line's fault Smokin Joe Mixon can't run (Gio Van had no issues)....but no excuse for the QB....gotcha.

**** this team.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Cook was the best RB in college football at Yards After Contact which is kinda what you need when you have a bad offensive line. Therefore I wanted Cook too.

You ain't tellin me shit I don't already know....but let's take the guy who split carries....smh.

**** this team!

Reply/Quote
All the bad press on Mixon was too much for the Bengals Management to pass up. It attracted them like moths to a flame.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do me a favor. Check to see how many total carries Mixon had yesterday, then get back to me so i can ask my 2nd question, which is, exactly how long was it before Mixon got back in the game. That second one is kind of general because i can't (deleted the game from the DVR immediately when it was over) go back and check and i distinctly remember there being a very long interval from the time Mixon was in at some point, until he came back in the next time. 

Point, of course, being...the guy needs to be in the game, getting 15-20 carries.

Mixon had more carries than Hill; as did Gio. Just pointing out it's kind of silly to say it doesn't matter who is our RB and he will be buried behind Hill when Hill had the fewest carries of any of our RBs yesterday. But sometimes folks get an idea in their heads and they just roll with it. 

With his YPC if we would have given him 90 carries yesterday he would have still missed the 100 yard mark. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:35 PM)Wyche Wrote:  **** this team.

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't get upset one single time yesterday. Sat and watched the game, kept a positive attitude (which isn't hard to do because i do that most times anyway) until the very end and then just shrugged my shoulders and said "oh well". I know i still can't just ignore them and not watch the game, but that's how close to total apathy i'm getting with this team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: All the bad press on Mixon was too much for the Bengals Management to pass up. It attracted them like moths to a flame.

LMAO.....so true!

Reply/Quote
It's really early lol, but this could be the final F you from Marvin Lewis's hopefully last draft. Draft a bust women beater over the next Adrian Peterson type rusher that would sting for the next ten years
Reply/Quote
Kareem Hunt has looked pretty good too. I remember once getting flamed on the draft forum for suggesting that he and Mixon weren't that far apart in skill, and that taking another skill position player in round 2 was not wise, "steal" or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:46 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: It's really early lol, but this could be the final F you from Marvin Lewis's hopefully last draft. Draft a bust women beater over the next Adrian Peterson type rusher that would sting for the next ten years
It is really early...you're right. However this wouldn't be the first....or even fifth time it's happened if what you say is the case.  That's why it's no stretch to say it's a very real possibility.

**** this team.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He averaged 1.1 ypc on 8 carries. BOTH Hill and Bernard did better than him.

Acting like giving him 15 to 20 carries would have made a difference isn't reality.

Did you watch the game? If i'm not mistaken, his last 2 carries were each at least -4 yards when they were just running the clock out. 

So, my question is answered. Before that very last drive, he had 6 carries. 

Six

Did you watch any of the preseason to see what kind of talent he has? Are you aware that with that kind of talent, the more carries you get, the better the chances are that you break some long runs...kind of like Cook did tonight?

This isn't rocket surgery. And THAT is exactly why Marv is a dumb ass. He has that kind of talent and he keeps it mostly on the bench because...other guys have been here longer. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Cook is playing for a damn good coach, he has a solid to above average offensive line. The QB is spreading the ball around and the routes are confusing the defense. The run plays are not all dives up the middle.

Flip Mixon and Cook and the guys would flip numbers from this week.

Talent is there, but no one can do it alone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon had more carries than Hill; as did Gio. Just pointing out it's kind of silly to say it doesn't matter who is our RB and he will be buried behind Hill when Hill had the fewest carries of any of our RBs yesterday. But sometimes folks get an idea in their heads and they just roll with it. 

With his YPC if we would have given him 90 carries yesterday he would have still missed the 100 yard mark. 

Ok. You and a couple others just keep thinking that. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok. You and a couple others just keep thinking that. 

...and you keep thinking he got buried behind Hill. One of the two is based on reality. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and you keep thinking he got buried behind Hill. One of the two is based on reality. 

The all got buried....behind a bad O-line and even worse play calling.

Walter Payton couldn't have gotten 100 yards yesterday with that line play and game plan.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Line's fault Smokin Joe Mixon can't run (Gio Van had no issues)....but no excuse for the QB....gotcha.

**** this team.

Gio had 1 big run to get all his yards, dalton just sucked.  Cook got all his yards on 2 runs.  Dude had like 2 ypc for most of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:01 AM)ah5 Wrote: Gio had 1 big run to get all his yards, dalton just sucks.  Cook got all his yards on 2 runs.  Dude had like 2 ypc for most of the game.

So those runs don't count? Was Mixon just waiting to get started or what? Can't have ut both ways son. If the line was Mixon's excuse....it's the QBs and vice versa.  The truth is somewhere in the middle. Bith Mixon AND Dalton were shitty Sunday....and it was magnified by even shittier play up front (worst graded unit on PFF)...and even shittier play calling than that.  

.....but carry on....don't let that get in the way of a good ol bash fest....lol.

Oh....and....**** this team.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The all got buried....behind a bad O-line and even worse play calling.

Walter Payton couldn't have gotten 100 yards yesterday with that line play and game plan.

See this is another example of folks getting a idea in their heads and running with it. Gio averaged 5.7 YPC yesterday and Hill averaged 4.3. Just because an Oline struggles in pass protection does not mean they struggle in the run game. Give Gio or Jeremy 25ish carries and they easily go over 100 yards.

I hope the coaching staff is smart enough to see this and runs the ball more than 22 times against Houston.  

Reply/Quote