Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin cook
(09-12-2017, 12:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: So those runs don't count? Was Mixon just waiting to get started or what? Can't have ut both ways son. If the line was Mixon's excuse....it's the QBs and vice versa.  The truth is somewhere in the middle. Bith Mixon AND Dalton were shitty Sunday....and it was magnified by even shittier play up front (worst graded unit on PFF)...and even shittier play calling than that.  

.....but carry on....don't let that get in the way of a good ol bash fest....lol.

Oh....and....**** this team.

They count for sure but they pad stats if you are looking at stats alone.  Im not saying Mixon didn't suck,  everyone sucked... You said something about Gio's yards and I commented they all came on 1 run.

Edit: Not everyone sucked... Defense looked alright.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: See this is another example of folks getting a idea in their heads and running with it. Gio averaged 5.7 YPC yesterday and Hill averaged 4.3. Just because an Oline struggles in pass protection does not mean they struggle in the run game. Give Gio or Jeremy 25ish carries and they easily go over 100 yards.

I hope the coaching staff is smart enough to see this and runs the ball more than 22 times against Houston.  

Gio had 5.7 YPC why line up hill or mixon obviously Bernard is the starting RB...oh wait you mean play calls down/distance and game situations matter? Shit maybe Mixon might be better than 1 ypc...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and you keep thinking he got buried behind Hill. One of the two is based on reality. 

If you even think for a minute that your reply was based in reality; that given 90 carries, Mixon would still have averaged 1.1 ypc...you need to have your ***** head examined. 

Reality. Jeremy Hill started the game
Reality. Joe Mixon had 8 carries. 2 of them, the last 2 plays of the game which were both big losses. 
Reality. Joe Mixon didn't even get into a large portion of the middle of the game.
Reality. Joe Mixon is vastly more talented than Jeremy Hill.

GTFO here with that weak shit. lol. "One of the two is based on reality". 

I think you meant to type, "one of the two is based on the literal outcome having no other probable outcome had the variables been different". 

I get it. Don't even bother replying to this post. You're Mr. Literal. That way you can't be wrong. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Gio also had a catch for 39 yards Coffee
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:01 AM)ah5 Wrote: Gio had 1 big run to get all his yards, dalton just sucked.  Cook got all his yards on 2 runs.  Dude had like 2 ypc for most of the game.

WAIT........WAIT!!!!!!!!

So you're saying that he was only 'meh' except that he got enough attempts to allow his talent break a couple runs?

GTFO!!!!

(i'd put a ninja here, but i'm definitely serious with the sarcasm)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: See this is another example of folks getting a idea in their heads and running with it. Gio averaged 5.7 YPC yesterday and Hill averaged 4.3. Just because an Oline struggles in pass protection does not mean they struggle in the run game. Give Gio or Jeremy 25ish carries and they easily go over 100 yards.

I hope the coaching staff is smart enough to see this and runs the ball more than 22 times against Houston.  

Their numbers were inflated by 1 or 2 big runs that they broke off, most of their runs went nowhere or backwards. 

28 + 1 + 2 + 3 +1 + 2 + 0 = 6.14 YPC  

6.14 looks awesome, but when you actually watch the game and see it unfold you realize that the YPC is more like 1 or 2 with the other run skewing the stats.

Too be specific with Gio (who I really like but numbers don't lie) he had 7 carries for 40 yards, the longest one being 23. So on 6 other carries he got 17 yards or... 2.83 YPC which is more like the norm on the day for all the backs with a bad O-line.

On the same line of thinking. Hill broke off one long run on the very first drive. He went for 12 yards. After that run, he had 5 carries for 14 yards which is....you guessed it 2.8 YPC. Once against nothing flashy at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:46 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: It's really early lol, but this could be the final F you from Marvin Lewis's hopefully last draft. Draft a bust women beater over the next Adrian Peterson type rusher that would sting for the next ten years

JFC we're labeling the kid a bust after 1 ***** game? Get a grip people. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WAIT........WAIT!!!!!!!!

So you're saying that he was only 'meh' except that he got enough attempts to allow his talent break a couple runs?

GTFO!!!!

(i'd put a ninja here, but i'm definitely serious with the sarcasm)
didn't say he was meh just stated a fact, read instead of assume.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:44 AM)ah5 Wrote: didn't say he was meh just stated a fact, read instead of assume.

Nah, the sarcasm wasn't directed at you. It was at those that would be staunchly literal. And my point was that he got enough attempts that he was able to break a couple really nice runs and help the team. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:50 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: Looks pretty damn good tonight it was either him or mixon for us there at the time in the draft, we got an extra late round pick I believe but, Too early to tell but definitely a better debut than mixon

We made the right pick with Mixon, but the real question is will Marvin stop being stubborn and use him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 01:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah, the sarcasm wasn't directed at you. It was at those that would be staunchly literal. And my point was that he got enough attempts that he was able to break a couple really nice runs and help the team. ThumbsUp

Got yah... ya ypc means little with a really small sample size.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 01:13 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We made the right pick with Mixon, but the real question is will Marvin stop being stubborn and use him.

I think you mean use him correctly.  It took them a while to finally use Gio correctly and I still feel they don't use him to his full potential...  I like the whole split between 3 backs but you have to feed the ones that need fed.  Gio doesn't need 25 carries a game to have a huge impact.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:50 PM)Bengalindayton Wrote: Looks pretty damn good tonight it was either him or mixon for us there at the time in the draft, we got an extra late round pick I believe but, Too early to tell but definitely a better debut than mixon

To be fair, one played against the Ravens, and one against the Saints...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: So those runs don't count? Was Mixon just waiting to get started or what? Can't have ut both ways son. If the line was Mixon's excuse....it's the QBs and vice versa.  The truth is somewhere in the middle. Bith Mixon AND Dalton were shitty Sunday....and it was magnified by even shittier play up front (worst graded unit on PFF)...and even shittier play calling than that.  

.....but carry on....don't let that get in the way of a good ol bash fest....lol.

Wyche, you do realize we're talking one game here?

After reading this thread I thought we were talking about Minnesota's HOF running back.  Nope, just a rookie in his first game.  Good grief.

Never understood why people are so quick to pounce on the negative when things go wrong.  Truth is psychologically it indicates low self esteem and it helps them cope with daily life.

Deep breath....inhale, exhale.
Reply/Quote

People that like to go with "alternative stats" really crack me up.  It's like they'll take a look at a classic Barry Sanders game and say something like "well, if you take away that 53 yd TD run, that 74 yd TD run, and that 67 yd screen pass for TD, Barry only averaged 2.9 yds/touch..".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon had more carries than Hill yesterday. 

Your statement without context makes me wonder if you're vying to fill the vacant Fredtoast role on the boards? If so.... Well done!

4 of Mixon's carries were complete garbage carries at the end of the game. 2 came with less than 4 mins left & 2 came with less than 1:10 left in the game.

I was there and felt like he played really well in the 1st quarter and then they sat him the 2nd and 3rd quarters only to bring him out in the 4th in trash time to take a beating instead of Hill. Two of his carries were ridiculous sweeps with 1:06 & :25 on the clock.... Which both lost big yards due Ravens not caring and bringing the house.

This coaching staff is possibly the stupidest I've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating. They are morons.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not gonna lie. I didn't get upset one single time yesterday. Sat and watched the game, kept a positive attitude (which isn't hard to do because i do that most times anyway) until the very end and then just shrugged my shoulders and said "oh well". I know i still can't just ignore them and not watch the game, but that's how close to total apathy i'm getting with this team. 

Me too brother......me too.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

.....and therein lies your problem.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:11 AM)ah5 Wrote: They count for sure but they pad stats if you are looking at stats alone.  Im not saying Mixon didn't suck,  everyone sucked... You said something about Gio's yards and I commented they all came on 1 run.

Edit: Not everyone sucked... Defense looked alright.

True that.....when you consider how shitty of a hand they were dealt all day long, to only give up 20 is pretty damn good.  My only gripe was not being able to stop the run when everyone in the building knew it was coming, but you have to wonder how much of that had to do with being gassed.

Reply/Quote

This shouldn't be surprising. The Vikings planned to use Cook as their workhorse. Mixon was expected to be used by the Bengals in a RBBC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote