Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damar Hamlin
Wakes up in the hospital and wonders who won the game.....kid is a baller for real.

I know he has a long road but considering his mind remembers the game and is cognitive enough for that question and can write it are obliviously great signs.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Probably more surprised when they told them they decided to wait until he was better so they could finish it together.

If he actually asked about the game then I feel like he won’t have much to any brain issues ?

Not only remembered he was playing football and asked about it, but had the dexterity to write the question. I think his biggest problem now is the damage to his lungs. Hoping for a 100% recovery.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
About the best news we could hope for at this time!!
Reply/Quote
That is really good news. ‘Did we win’, yep love it. All the best to the young man.
Reply/Quote
Heart 
Greetings from Ottawa, Canada.

I'm a Canadian Bills fan who signed up for this board to express my appreciation for your wonderful city and the classy Bengals fan base.

The Damar Hamlin incident has shown you to be among the kindest, most wonderful and considerate fans in the football world.

Whatever happens between our teams in the playoffs, know that you have our deep affection and abiding respect.

Love, health, happiness and prosperity to you in 2023.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:53 PM)Destro Wrote: Wakes up in the hospital and wonders who won the game.....kid is a baller for real.

I know he has a long road but considering his mind remembers the game and is cognitive enough for that question and can write it are obliviously great signs.

Yeah the news seemed to come out in bits and pieces today. At first I just heard he opened his eyes last night and was able to react to people by squeezing they're hands. But if he was able to think of the game and write down the question than that seems like great news. Hopefully the good news keeps coming over the next couple days. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah you won the game bro

You brought the whole football community together for a short period of time

Iv never seen everyone be on the same page like that .
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 06:34 PM)stuvian Wrote: Greetings from Ottawa, Canada.

I'm a Canadian Bills fan who signed up for this board to express my appreciation for your wonderful city and the classy Bengals fan base.

The Damar Hamlin incident has shown you to be among the kindest, most wonderful and considerate fans in the football world.

Whatever happens between our teams in the playoffs, know that you have our deep affection and abiding respect.

thank you...Demar and his family (both immediate and team) and Buffalo remain in our prayers.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: More than winners, they're HEROES!!!!! Tiger

Real Heroes where scrubs !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Same to you and yours.  I hope both our teams see much success in the coming years.  Let's keep the spirit of a champion and the heart of an underdog.  It's a game we love, but still a game.
Reply/Quote

Hope you didn't get hit too hard by the storm(s) before Christmas (we had it bad in Barrie, but not nearly as bad as you guys). Keep warm!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Hamlin's breathing tube was removed overnight and he's been talking with his family and Face timing his teammates. More good news on that front.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hamlin's breathing tube was removed overnight and he's been talking with his family and Face timing his teammates.  More good news on that front.

That's awesome. Looking like he'll at least have a normal life.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Only NFL player to die from Heart Attack on the field and die.

Chuck Hughes 
Detroit Lions wide receiver

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/one-nfl-player-died-field-widow-watched-damar-hamlins-collapse-horror-rcna64016

The key issue was that there was 62 seconds left in the game when he collapsed and died. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hamlin's breathing tube was removed overnight and he's been talking with his family and Face timing his teammates.  More good news on that front.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear serious progress.
Reply/Quote
Bills fan here. I too signed up because I felt compelled to personally reach out and thank Bengals fans for being so incredibly compassionate and classy during this tough time for our team and our community.

We are starting to receive some extremely encouraging news about our man Damar and it's so inspiring to witness the outpouring of support he has received from the Bengals organization and fans. The doctors at UC have taken incredible care of him and his improvement is nothing short of a miracle. He has a long way to go but when he did the zoom call with the team today I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the room. When they make the movie about this some day I really hope they shine a light on how amazing everyone associated with the Bengals has been.

Thanks again for your support and if we can't get it done this year you best believe there are some crazy fans in Buffalo ready to smash some tables with you when you guys beat the Chiefs!
Reply/Quote

Which means it was never as bad as they said to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 07:08 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Which means it was never as bad as they said to begin with.

WTF

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:53 PM)Destro Wrote: Wakes up in the hospital and wonders who won the game.....kid is a baller for real.

That's called a lie. It never happened. That's as bad as a Hallmark movie script.
No one would ask that crap. 
Reply/Quote