Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damar Hamlin
(01-07-2023, 05:22 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: I didn't say anything about fake. I said not as bad as made out.

That said. You really are Gullible to think  you know anything about billion dollar industries and what they are capable of.

And none of it matters any way. You're already onto whether Bengals are screwed in all this.

Based upon a media report which you can’t believe? LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I saw a player collapse on the field and the reaction of the medical personnel. And the reaction of the players and coaches to what they saw. And I don’t recall ever seeing a NFL game suspended like that before.

What I don’t understand is why some people enjoy making inflammatory comments to spark a reaction and for attention like you are doing now.
Case in point.

Wrong. I'm questioning something. You're choosing to believe I'm not being genuine.

Nevermind. I'm done with this. I realize very few people actually bother to think about what's really going on around them.
The last two years have proven govt and media can just drag you in the mud and you're more than happy to let them .
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But, you aren’t asking questions. You’re making comments such as sudden cardiac arrest in athletes never happens despite the epidemiology which indicates otherwise.

Not happening for 50 years on a NFL field= it never happens. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:37 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Case in point.

Wrong. I'm questioning something. You're choosing to believe I'm not being genuine.

Nevermind. I'm done with this. I realize very few people actually bother to think about what's really going on around them.
The last two years have proven govt and media can just drag you in the mud and you're more than happy to let them .

You have dragged religion and government into this discussion just to get a reaction.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:18 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Saw with your own eyes? You really need to think long and hard about that.
You saw nothing that proves anything media told you.
There was no camera there after he fell. He was surrounded so no one could get a good look.
The tons of tv cameras and not one made an effort to look in. You didn't see anything with your own eyes.
 Only what tv allowed you to see. 

Use common sense. They will never show anyone performing CPR on someone else on live TV, national or not. It's not right and no need to see that. Do you remember 1996 Reds opening day when home plate ump John McSherry collapsed from cardiac arrest? They immediately took cameras off of the scene right after he collapsed and just showed either dugout and at times the fans in the stands and eventually mentioning that the medics started CPR on him. It's called being responsible and decent.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You have dragged religion and government into this discussion just to get a reaction.

Excuse me? It's to make a point that you just react to propaganda. 
It's all one and the same. 
 Trying to get a reaction? You're apparently more than willing to let the NFL/your tv do that to you.
 Isn't it amazing that Shazir, Antonio Brown, Tua, and this all happened on the same field......? 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:59 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Use common sense. They will never show anyone performing CPR on someone else on live TV, national or not. It's not right and no need to see that. Do you remember 1996 Reds opening day when home plate ump John McSherry collapsed from cardiac arrest? They immediately took cameras off of the scene right after he collapsed and just showed either dugout and at times the fans in the stands and eventually mentioning that the medics started CPR on him. It's called being responsible and decent.

Right?

They wouldn't even show a replay of the hit and fall so they're sure as hell not going to show someone getting CPR. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:40 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Not happening for 50 years on a NFL field= it never happens. 

Chicago Bears’ DE Gaines Adams died of sudden cardiac arrest secondary to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in 2010. About 300K young adults die from sudden cardiac arrest in the US each year. It happens to athletes of all levels of competition and various amateur and professional sports leagues globally. Just because you are unaware doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

Also, you made a statement. Not a question. If you were questioning you would ask about how common or realistic is sudden cardiac arrest in athletes so you could assess the veracity of the reports. Reports you claim are false without evidence to support you claims.

I’m just questioning what you’ve reported which is your whole schtick.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not only remembered he was playing football and asked about it, but had the dexterity to write the question. I think his biggest problem now is the damage to his lungs. Hoping for a 100% recovery.

What damage are we concerned with regarding his lungs?

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 07:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What damage are we concerned with regarding his lungs?

I'm not particularly worried about his health. That doesn't mean I wish him harm or ill will , but I've gone through cardiac arrest and worse.. Nobody made this much of a deal over it nor should they have.. I was in hemorrhagic shock back in February .. The world didn't stop for that, but Russia did invade Ukraine while it was happening.. Tell ya what..Next time I'm at deaths door someone please get hold of whoever the president happens to be at the time and demand they invade some neighboring country.. Canada or Mexico.. I'm open to either one.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 07:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What damage are we concerned with regarding his lungs?

I'm assuming atelectasis, which is like a collapsed lung and in Hamlin's case could be due to CPR or bed rest. respiratory rehab and physical therapy can help.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 08:08 PM)burreauxs Wrote: I'm assuming atelectasis, which is like a collapsed lung and in Hamlin's case could be due to CPR or bed rest. respiratory rehab and physical therapy can help.

Ok gotcha. Makes sense. Treadmill and a spirometer.

Reply/Quote
Holy crap this thread turned.
Reply/Quote

Bruised lungs, or punctured lungd from cpr. If you are.performing cpr correctly, you're probably gonna break some ribs.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:10 AM)kdiggz Wrote: He died on the field for nearly 9 min before they were able to get his heart beating again. It literally doesn't get any worse. And he's not out of the woods yet so please show some respect.

Pay no mind to that shit. While we may be pissed about the coin flip, we haven't forgotten what happened on Monday night, and we're all still in Damar's corner. There's an asshole in every crowd.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 05:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I saw a player collapse on the field and the reaction of the medical personnel. And the reaction of the players and coaches to what they saw. And I don’t recall ever seeing a NFL game suspended like that before.

What I don’t understand is why some people enjoy making inflammatory comments to spark a reaction and for attention like you are doing now.

Oh what do you know? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

This was the most telling part and just shows how much this game meant.

Bless you Damar, praying for a perfect recovery.Pray
Reply/Quote
Whichever one of you who did it: thank you.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:49 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Oh what do you know? Ninja

I gotta say those acting lessons the NFL paid for the Bills’ players to take really paid off. Multiple players shedding actual tears on cue for the cameras to sell me propaganda? Planning, commitment, and execution. I admire their long game. Like the A-Team, I love it when a plan comes together.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bruised lungs, or punctured lungd from cpr. If you are.performing cpr correctly, you're probably gonna break some ribs.

I’ve heard that before. I guess it’s pretty common.

Reply/Quote