Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damian Willis
(08-29-2019, 08:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ross in the red zone over Willis would be my point based on the context of the post you quoted. What a weird question to randomly pose based on the previous post, not sure where AJ came from in this. Willis is fighting with Ross for outside reps when AJ comes back.

I hope Ross can pick up the offense and play all WR positions. AJ and Boyd can now and are threats anywhere they line up. If Ross could do the same, I think like Boyd, he could wreak havoc from the slot or even lined up at RB to create a LB matchup night,are for teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 07:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was kind of funny, as I forget what podcast or show I was listening to, but they said "Willis really has two TDs this preseason, as the one that was called offensive pass interference wasn't at all offensive pas interference, just an official trying to join the flag party of the preseason".  

Hilarious

Damn refs and their flag parties. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're...kidding, right?

AJ Green is the unquestioned #1 WR on this team. I don't care how well Willis plays, when AJ is back, AJ is #1.

(08-29-2019, 08:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Ross in the red zone over Willis would be my point based on the context of the post you quoted. What a weird question to randomly pose based on the previous post, not sure where AJ came from in this. Willis is fighting with Ross for outside reps when AJ comes back.

It was a rhetorical question. Of course AJ will be starting when he comes back.

(08-29-2019, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Willis plays lights out, he deserves to stay out there.
When AJ comes back, he deserves out there too.
Ross, at that point, would be WR4.

Exactly

Reply/Quote
Ross would be a great value - if he would have been a 3rd round pick. I'm optimistic that Taylor can actually draw up some plays and scheme around him. You can't coach or teach his speed. Defenses need to be accountable for him and it should open up a lot of stuff for the other guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 11:15 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope Ross can pick up the offense and play all WR positions. AJ and Boyd can now and are threats anywhere they line up. If Ross could do the same, I think like Boyd, he could wreak havoc from the slot or even lined up at RB to create a LB matchup night,are for teams.

I think Ross is being terribly underestimate, and I am glad.  Too many expectations didn't help him last year.  Hoping for a huge year from him.  He has elite skills, but needs to keep his head in it and stay healthy.  I have a feeling he will.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 04:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Ross is being terribly underestimate, and I am glad.  Too many expectations didn't help him last year.  Hoping for a huge year from him.  He has elite skills, but needs to keep his head in it and stay healthy.  I have a feeling he will.  

I feel the same.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 03:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Ross would be a great value - if he would have been a 3rd round pick.  I'm optimistic that Taylor can actually draw up some plays and scheme around him.  You can't coach or teach his speed.  Defenses need to be accountable for him and it should open up a lot of stuff for the other guys.

Our head coach seems to care less about where a guy was drafted (UFA and 4th round pick to start over 1st round pick to start) so why do our fans get so butt hurt?

Who cares where anyone was drafted at this point?

Boyd had a horrific 2nd year for a 2nd round pick, but he rebounded in year #3 and put up WR#! type numbers, better than AJ.
All we see is Ross is always injured and a bust. Is Williams a bust? He likely does not play in a game in 2019, a injury problem player.

Let's hope Ross is healthy and stays healthy, if so he can help us win in 2019 which is what I care about versus labeling players winner and losers based on draft status. 

You said your are optimistic after you tarshed the guy. I don't understand why you and others take Ross's career so personally.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 06:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our head coach seems to care less about where a guy was drafted (UFA and 4th round pick to start over 1st round pick to start) so why do our fans get so butt hurt?

Who cares where anyone was drafted at this point?

Boyd had a horrific 2nd year for a 2nd round pick, but he rebounded in year #3 and put up WR#! type numbers, better than AJ.
All we see is Ross is always injured and a bust. Is Williams a bust? He likely does not play in a game in 2019, a injury problem player.

Let's hope Ross is healthy and stays healthy, if so he can help us win in 2019 which is what I care about versus labeling players winner and losers based on draft status. 

You said your are optimistic after you tarshed the guy. I don't understand why you and others take Ross's career so personally.

Feel the exact same, never understood this.

It is like they are offended by the pick. I could of seen OJ Howard over Ross at the time but no OL were worthy of that pick.

Just cause he is an early first round pick and has not been the player I thought he would be doesn't mean he should be trashed on because of it. Not his fault he was picked that early, not his fault he has so much speed and quickness he hurts himself often either.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Ross wished upon any injury that he has to endure.football players are human too.
Yeah they make a lot of $$$$$ but they are still human.
He wants to go out and make plays as bad as we want
To see him too.
Reply/Quote