Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Graziano - Bengals looking to trade UP in Rd 1
Twitter's dumb rules now won't display most recent tweets unless logging in, so I'll quote the tweet text:

Quote:@JUSTERIC_:
The Bengals are looking to trade up in the 1st round, per @DanGrazianoESPN

This post was quoted by Jesse James (an agent) saying, "Still going to pretend this means Bowers... It doesn't. Sad It's most likely a Murphy or OT move, if it happens."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Jungle, Marvin Harrison Jr!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Very interesting if it’s true. They must have a targeted OT they want. I don’t think they would trade up for DT, DE, CB. I think they would for WR, but I think the top 3 would require to move up too much.

I’d prefer a trade back and then trade capital to get back in the first round to grab 2 first round talents.
Reply/Quote
Let’s just go all out and get Joe Alt!
Reply/Quote
I think Fautanu is the most sure thing and he would start immediately at LG in my opinion and the Seahawks probably want him.

So I think if we do trade up for a guy it would be Fautanu. We will see, fun times, only a day away!
Reply/Quote
Would the Raiders take the 5th QB chosen, at 13, or prefer to move back to 18 and do it...
Reply/Quote
Bears only have 4 draft picks total right now. I wonder if we could get up to #9 for cheap by giving them a bunch of our late rounders
Reply/Quote
I hope for Bowers but probably going the route to protect Burrow and get one of the tackles!
Reply/Quote
Trade up is such a vague term.

Reality for me is that they look to move up to 15 and get the OT or DT that they want depending on how the draft falls - we don't need another Billy Price situation.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 02:37 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Very interesting if it’s true. They must have a targeted OT they want. I don’t think they would trade up for DT, DE, CB. I think they would for WR, but I think the top 3 would require to move up too much.

I’d prefer a trade back and then trade capital to get back in the first round to grab 2 first round talents.

Graziano mentioned Latham a possible target.

"The Bengals at No. 18 are also worth watching for a potential trade-up. They like Alabama offensive tackle JC Latham a lot and could stand to bolster the line, but they may need to move up to get someone in that tier. Otherwise, watch for Cincinnati to bolster the interior of its defensive line following the offseason departure of defensive tackle DJ Reader via free agency."

I would be fine with moving up for Latham. Outside of Alt, no tackle in this class is a better or safer match for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Graziano mentioned Latham a possible target.

"The Bengals at No. 18 are also worth watching for a potential trade-up. They like Alabama offensive tackle JC Latham a lot and could stand to bolster the line, but they may need to move up to get someone in that tier."

I would be fine with that move. Outside of Alt, no tackle in this class is a better or safer match for the Bengals.

I do think Lathan will be gone by 18, so if they have targeted him, they would probably need to move up. I can't see them moving up to get Murphy. I think he'd be great, but most mocks have him falling to the Bengals at 18. Unless they want Murphy and expect the Rams to jump in front of them. If Murphy and the top OTs are gone by 18, then I could see the Bengals concern to move up.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Graziano mentioned Latham a possible target.

"The Bengals at No. 18 are also worth watching for a potential trade-up. They like Alabama offensive tackle JC Latham a lot and could stand to bolster the line, but they may need to move up to get someone in that tier. Otherwise, watch for Cincinnati to bolster the interior of its defensive line following the offseason departure of defensive tackle DJ Reader via free agency."

I would be fine with moving up for Latham. Outside of Alt, no tackle in this class is a better or safer match for the Bengals.

I usually agree with you Holic, like all the time and I do like Latham but he has a lot of questions. Fautanu only has the question that he is 
older, but as far as a player is way more of a sure thing than Latham. Latham skipped workouts so the ankle must of been messing with him, 
Bama has not put out a good early round OL in a while, Latham has very heavy feet...

Lots of questions with Latham, I would stay at 18 and take him or Mims, one of these 2 should be there.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually agree with you Holic, like all the time and I do like Latham but he has a lot of questions. Fautanu only has the question that he is 
older, but as far as a player is way more of a sure thing than Latham. Latham skipped workouts so the ankle must of been messing with him, 
Bama has not put out a good early round OL in a while, Latham has very heavy feet...

Lots of questions with Latham, I would stay at 18 and take him or Mims, one of these 2 should be there.

Just my opinion, but I think Fuatanu is best suited for G in the NFL. I just have a lot of concerns about him outside.

When it comes to pass pro experience - volume and success - at an extremely high level, Latham really doesn't have a peer in this class.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just my opinion, but I think Fuatanu is best suited for G in the NFL. I just have a lot of concerns about him outside.

When it comes to pass pro experience - volume and success - at an extremely high level, Latham really doesn't have a peer in this class.

Understandable, that is what is nice about Fautanu though, he would start immediately at LG and could be the future RT for 
when Trent Brown gets hurt or leaves. I don't know if Latham could start at LG, but agree that as far as volume and success 
at the highest level is on the Trench King's side.
Reply/Quote
We took Andre Smith at #6 overall. I was a big Andre fan. But I like Latham as a prospect way more than I ever liked Andre.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understandable, that is what is nice about Fautanu though, he would start immediately at LG and could be the future RT for 
when Trent Brown gets hurt or leaves. I don't know if Latham could start at LG, but agree that as far as volume and success 
at the highest level is on the Trench King's side.

When it comes to replacing Trent Brown, we could be talking about game 3 given his history. Mellow 

If that were to happen, which of these tackles (outside of Alt) is best prepared to step in and immediately give you high quality RT play? 

Personally, I would just feel way more comfortable having Latham in that situation because I think he has the best potential to do that.

Reply/Quote
Never happen, I am going to make some observations..
q, Mims has pro bowl and beyond potential.
2 Bengals will shock the world and take a cornerback,well if you can get one of the top 2, I guess why not.
3 I secretly want Jared Verse, a great pass rush makes mediocre cornerbacks good.
4, Man we really need somebody to help push the middle of the pocket, Newton or Murphy.
5, Never say tomorrow. Bring it on.
6, You can not miss at 18
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 04:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We took Andre Smith at #6 overall. I was a big Andre fan. But I like Latham as a prospect way more than I ever liked Andre.

i confess to lacking confidence in the Bengals selecting and developing Offensive Line prospects. After first rounders Price and Ogbuehi and 2nd rounders Carman and Jake Fisher, I've grown to prefer their recent trend of getting proven OL through free agency. Thus, my preference is for someone like Murphy, who Lou Anarumo can utilize, and keep using free agency for the OL.

But, if they are very confident in someone like Latham, then by all means move up. Just don't want to see them lose a 3rd rounder to do so. They still need the DL and TE and CB, as well as preparing for departures after this year.
Reply/Quote
So we are either trading a 3rd round pick to move up or Tee Higgins to move up. If we trade Tee Higgins, we are moving up for a top WR or Brock Bowers. If we trade a 3rd rounder, then it is a non-WR, TE pick probably OT or CB. If we stay put OT, DT are in play for our 1st pick.
Reply/Quote

(04-24-2024, 04:22 PM)Nepa Wrote: I do think Lathan will be gone by 18, so if they have targeted him, they would probably need to move up. I can't see them moving up to get Murphy. I think he'd be great, but most mocks have him falling to the Bengals at 18. Unless they want Murphy and expect the Rams to jump in front of them. If Murphy and the top OTs are gone by 18, then I could see the Bengals concern to move up.

Moving up for Latham is dumb as there will be plenty of awesome players at 18, and he's almost always one of them in any mock.  If they're looking to move up only 2-3 spots to ensure Latham, then I might believe it, but if it's a big move to like 9-12, then it won't be Latham.  

My money is on one of the two CB's, Mitchell or Arnold.  The Bengals have no true CB1, with these two being the only true CB1s within a very thin CB class.  I prefer Mitchell due to his production, skills, personality and loyalty to Toledo.
Reply/Quote