Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard has Lapham's pick at 9!
To all those that will be angry at the inevitable John Ross selection at 9...
[Image: 57643357.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:27 AM)TKUHL Wrote: No apology necessary. Like I said I will have to respectfully disagree on this one. Im sure I will warm up to it as the draft class fills out. Its just the injury history scares me with this guy. I just dont like taking a player that small in the top 10 no matter how fast he is. We can get a guy like Samuel Curtis who runs a 4.31 in the 2nd and he's 5'11 196 compared to Ross at 5'11 188. I dont think Ross is a waste, I think he will be awesome. I just think it would be a wasted opportunity with some of the other talent that might be available. Its just my personal preference. I hope a team is willing to trade up to 9. I think that would be our best option. We may be able to trade back a couple spots and still get him. I would like one of the top 5 RB's in the 2nd but I dont think any will be there.

Cool, i actually think one of the top 5 RB's will be there at 41, depending on your top 5.

Mixon or Kamara should be there and either one i think would fit us.

Like Mixon better as a player but hey, Kamara has lots of talent himself and doesn't like to punch women in the face. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 04:45 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I feel like people think this is the only route people think TEs can run

Anywho I would absolutely love this pick. I think by all reports Ross and Thomas are the 2 they want most. Thomas would be their first option but I would imagine they think he'll be gone by then

(04-26-2017, 04:54 PM)bengalsdude Wrote: First and foremost John Ross is not my guy at 9.

That's said, it's probably the best way to help our unproven line in such a week draft for linemen. John Ross makes 1. Safeties play deeper. The result of this is 2. Andy can read defense and get ball out quicker and 3. Assuming eifert is healthy should open up the seam for him and/or take some pressure of AJ.

John is a rare talent and would have no issues with pick if not for injury history. That said. A Ross/mixon start makes our offense way more dynamic.
My point is there are ways to get that safety from playing over the top deep. 
Reply/Quote
I won't be mad if they get another 2nd for McCarron and draft a center
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:57 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I won't be mad if they get another 2nd for McCarron and draft a center

if the Bengals dropped McCarron for a 2nd and took Elflein, I'd be more than "not mad", I'd be ecstatic.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I really hope we can get Jarrad Davis in the 2nd round I think he is the best linebacker in the draft but unfortunately I think somebody will take him late in the first.... Chiefs?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:57 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I won't be mad if they get another 2nd for McCarron and draft a center

(04-27-2017, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: if the Bengals dropped McCarron for a 2nd and took Elflein, I'd be more than "not mad", I'd be ecstatic.

Same here, our whole team would be better instantly with that pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: if the Bengals dropped McCarron for a 2nd and took Elflein, I'd be more than "not mad", I'd be ecstatic.

I would forever consider today a holiday if that happen. DE/LB 1st. C & RB in the 2nd. Hell yea.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 02:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote:  I would forever consider today a holiday if that happen. DE/LB 1st. C & RB in the 2nd. Hell yea.

Well actually the holiday would be tomorrow I guess. So today would be Elflein Eve.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Dan Hoard posted on Twitter yesterday...
https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status/856979437157580802

I will edit this post once the podcast is available so everyone can know Lapham's prediction. He's been pretty accurate the past few years at least, so I'm particularly interested to see who he thinks the pick will be.

UPDATE: Hoard's and Lapham's picks are in - Hoard went with Foster at 9, Lapham went with John Ross at 9.
But Lapham said his "dream" scenario is to trade back to the 15-18 range to pick up an extra Day 2 pick and take Derek Barnett, Charles Harris, or Takk McKinley in that 15-18 range.
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/audio/Bengals-Booth-Podcast-Draft-Preview/776b037a-360c-404f-a976-63ce95254cf4

Ok it was just reported that Tak McKinley may not even be ready for the season due to surgery. So between Tak and Ross (who some teams have taken off their boards due to injury history) can we freakin pick 1 player in the first round thats not Injured. Im going to be pissed if we pass on the Durable OJ for one of these guys. Holy Shit where is the tylenol.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok it was just reported that Tak McKinley may not even be ready for the season due to surgery. So between Tak and Ross (who some teams have taken off their boards due to injury history) can we freakin pick 1 player in the first round thats not Injured. Im going to be pissed if we pass on the Durable OJ for one of these guys. Holy Shit where is the tylenol.

Welcome to the 2017 draft class where there are concerns over every prospect. If it's not an injury, it's an off the field issue. If it's not that, it's lack of measurables. If it's not that, it's lack of college production. If it's not that, it's a question of effort/desire.

Also, it sounds like you might need something a little more organic to calm those nerves...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Bengals track record for picking injured players in the first round has not really paid off in recent years, at least as far as their rookie seasons are concerned.

2016 - William Jackson III
2015 - Ogbuehi
2014 - Dennard
2013 - Eifert
2012 - Kirkpatrick

If memory serves, none of these players started all 16 games of their rookie seasons. At least three of them missed their entire rookie seasons.

The Bengals need an immediate contributor at #9. Now obviously, someone who's been injured in the past isn't guaranteed to get hurt again, nor is a 100% healthy player guaranteed to stay that way, but it would be nice if the Bengals went for someone who could (in theory) start day one without a lingering injury already ruling them out.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Perhaps Jon Toth out of UK in a later round.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:21 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Perhaps Toth out of UK.

In the second round?!

[Image: f45341361ba76de9781a270431b8dd471ec5164e...209137.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people don't agree with me when I say I don't like the Ross pick, if he is the pick. Why not just take McCaffery if they want a shifty play maker. He's more durable and versatile than Ross. Or just wait till the second and take Curtis Samuel if he's there. He ran a 4.31 same height at 5"11 and weighs 10 lbs more than Ross without the worry of all the past injuries.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:51 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I know a lot of people don't agree with me when I say I don't like the Ross pick, if he is the pick. Why not just take McCaffery if they want a shifty play maker. He's more durable and versatile than Ross. Or just wait till the second and take Curtis Samuel if he's there. He ran a 4.31 same height at 5"11 and weighs 10 lbs more than Ross without the worry of all the past injuries.

Curtis Samuel is not the WR that Ross is. Neither is McCaffrey.
If smoke leads to fire, McCaffrey will be going to Carolina before the Bengals pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Curtis Samuel is not the WR that Ross is. Neither is McCaffrey.
If smoke leads to fire, McCaffrey will be going to Carolina before the Bengals pick.

I think McCaffrey will be there at 9. If Carolina passes on a RB in the first we better get ours. If not I have a feeling our guy will go right before us in the 2nd. I think McCaffrey would fill a bigger need than Ross or any WR at 9. There are some pretty good WR's later in the draft. I would rather take JuJu or Josh Reynolds in the later rounds than a WR at 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think McCaffrey will be there at 9. If Carolina passes on a RB in the first we better get ours. If not I have a feeling our guy will go right before us in the 2nd. I think McCaffrey would fill a bigger need than Ross or any WR at 9. There are some pretty good WR's later in the draft. I would rather take JuJu or Josh Reynolds in the later rounds than a WR at 9.

If the Bengals pass on WR at 9, those are the two WRs I hope to see them take on Day 2/3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals pass on WR at 9, those are the two WRs I hope to see them take on Day 2/3.

Give me Amara Darboh in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The Bengals track record for picking injured players in the first round has not really paid off in recent years, at least as far as their rookie seasons are concerned.

2016 - William Jackson III
2015 - Ogbuehi
2014 - Dennard
2013 - Eifert
2012 - Kirkpatrick

If memory serves, none of these players started all 16 games of their rookie seasons.  At least three of them missed their entire rookie seasons.  

The Bengals need an immediate contributor at #9.  Now obviously, someone who's been injured in the past isn't guaranteed to get hurt again, nor is a 100% healthy player guaranteed to stay that way, but it would be nice if the Bengals went for someone who could (in theory) start day one without a lingering injury already ruling them out.

Only one I remember knowning was injured when we drafted him was Ogbuehi.

Dennard was buried on DC and hurt eventually
Kirk was buried on DC and injured in camp I belike
Reply/Quote