Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard on the radio- more on freeney
I didn't hear it myself,but heard that Dan Hoard was on 1530 ESPN saying that DC Gunther REALLY wants Dwight Freeney here in this Defense. I like that, maybe he really is trying for him. I think it's a little ray of hope we might get it done.
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping that it gets done.
Reply/Quote
Who's show was he on?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who's show was he on?

Don't know,that's all the info I heard, but I'm really hoping on getting him. I feel not only will he help us, but he's respected in the NFL, and I think that helps when it comes to the refs and announcers. When they actually respect the player. I think this move can get us to the promise land. I just like the story line,freeney and dansby comes to the nati and gets a ring along with the talent we already have. Who dey baby get it done gunther
Reply/Quote
It was replacing Mo. Look under Mo's podcasts in iheart. He talked big 12 expansion as well.
Reply/Quote
I think that this is Freeney's call. Plenty of fans will want to blame the team, but this is a guy who gets to pick which team he plays for. That's not an every day occurrence.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lap said the coaches want him and the personnel people were lukewarm because of his age.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lap said the coaches want him and the personnel people were lukewarm because of his age.
Until proven otherwise football is still a young man's game so being lukewarm about signing a guy pushing 40 is perfectly understandable. It's not every day a guy on the cusp of 40 is sought out by coaches and fans alike.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 02:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think that this is Freeney's call. Plenty of fans will want to blame the team, but this is a guy who gets to pick which team he plays for. That's not an every day occurrence.

If Freeney picks the Falcons over us I can only guess it's because they play in a dome.  

Reply/Quote
Does Atlanta run a 4-3 defense?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 04:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If Freeney picks the Falcons over us I can only guess it's because they play in a dome.  

id rather go to cincy over atlanta any day of the week. you have maybe 1 or 2 years left, why not go for a ring with us?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Dan Hoard was on 1530 for 3 hours Friday............3 to 6...........lots of great info

Paulie G wants Freeney bad.............front office having bad flashbacks about signing OLD free agent guys
Reply/Quote
Yeah.... we signed a bunch of spring chickens this off season. Freeney's too old.... ninja face.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
People saying hes too old,thats rediculous. Like a guy wont be any good at 35. Plenty of players have won being at the end of their career,peyton manning even though yall are going to say he sucked,well he still won as qb. Rey lewis, michael strahan. Im sure theres Plenty more. I guess saying hes too old will make you feel better not signing him,but I believe he makes us better if he signs
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 03:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: Until proven otherwise football is still a young man's game so being lukewarm about signing a guy pushing 40 is perfectly understandable. It's not every day a guy on the cusp of 40 is sought out by coaches and fans alike.

Freeney is 36.  Not a kid, by any stretch.  But still, not pushing 40. 

Though I would most definitely not want him as the starter, I would not be averse to seeing him on the team as a situational pass rusher.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2016, 05:18 PM)magikod Wrote: id rather go to cincy over atlanta any day of the week. you have maybe 1 or 2 years left, why not go for a ring with us?

Because he is 36 and it get's cold here.  Freeney played most of his career in a dome then 2 warm states.
Atlanta schedule/Ours:
Bucs/@Jets
@Raiders/@Steelers
@Saints/Broncos
Panthers/Fins
@Broncos/@Cowboys
@Hawks/@Pats
Chargers/Browns
Packers/Skins (London)
November = possibly cold
@Bucs/@Giants
@Eagles/Bills
Cards/@Ravens (any doubt which game he would rather play?)
Chiefs/Eagles
December 
@Rams/@Browns
49ers/Steelers
@Panthers/@Texans 
Saints/Ravens

Reply/Quote
Only way he chooses Atlanta is if we don't have any Interest or they pay him a lot more money.
Reply/Quote
Won't be shocked if deal announced tomorrow.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Never thought about the dome part
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure the dome is selling point when coupled with fieldturf HD.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote