Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dan Pitcher is new OC
(01-25-2024, 01:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Your 1st post was lacking in specifics thanks for expanding .... my personal opinion is they hire the best person for the job regardless what coaching position it is, if we hire a minority and they are successful and leaves, the benefit we got from them being successful is the real pay off, not a future pick that we don't know will turn out, on the other hand we hire someone leaning on the draft pick mentality and they are not success that hurts the team worse...

I get what you are saying. But the two #1 seeds this year reinforce my belief they have had an advantage by getting extra draft picks. Everybody knows draft picks are a highly sought after commodity in the NFL, because they help you add young talent to your team and they are under contract cheap for at least 4 years.

Isn’t Belichick the greatest coach of all time? And how has he done since the greatest QB of all time left his team?

Coaches have a role in a teams success. But ultimately it’s the players on the field and how they perform that determines wins and losses.

There is a boatload of qualified coaches out there. Just so happens there are rules that directly benefit your team if you hire minority coaches. So why not maximize your opportunities to improve the team?

The Ravens turned the two draft picks they got from losing David Culley into 3 draft picks with a trade. And have 3 starters on their #1 seed team to show for it. C, CB, and P.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 11:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Did you mean OC interviews?

No I meant HC. Whoever is labeled OC on this team, as long as we have Burrow and a high powered offense, will probably have some interest as a HC candidate every year. Whether it was Pitcher or Walters I think they would be moving up the candidate list if/when we have offensive success next in 2024.

I really didn’t think Callahan would get a head coach job. His interviews and tone just never seem very exciting. He doesn’t seem very intense. Like Dan Campbell or Harbaugh. Then again there is guys like Belichick and Mike Mcdaniels who have had success. And if I didn’t know they were head coaches in the NFL there is no way I would picture either of them as a leader of men in a violent physical game.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 12:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Got this from the Titans site.

The Bengals offense has ranked in the top 10 in several categories each of the past three seasons: sixth in scoring (24.9), seventh in passing (250.8 yards per game), seventh in red-zone efficiency (61.5 percent), 10th in third-down percentage (41.0), and sixth in time of possession (31:00).

Here's a stat that caught me off-guard.

The Bengals finished 11th in the NFL in touchdowns per drive, per ESPN Stats & Info. A very strong finish despite having Joe Burrow healthy for five games.

Team Rankings says only the Bills & KC have done better at points per play in ‘21-‘22.

The offense shows efficiency. Few penalties. Best in the league the last several years. Nah they aren’t messing with it and why teams want some of that success

Wish someone would take Pollack.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Erik Spoelstra talk taking over a thread about the Bengals OC.

Confused
Reply/Quote
Pitcher news conference video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4t7ytSuv3E

A good watch if you need some Bengals news!

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 06:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No I meant HC. Whoever is labeled OC on this team, as long as we have Burrow and a high powered offense, will probably have some interest as a HC candidate every year. Whether it was Pitcher or Walters I think they would be moving up the candidate list if/when we have offensive success next in 2024.

I really didn’t think Callahan would get a head coach job.  His interviews and tone just never seem very exciting. He doesn’t seem very intense. Like Dan Campbell or Harbaugh. Then again there is guys like Belichick and Mike Mcdaniels who have had success. And if I didn’t know they were head coaches in the NFL there is no way I would picture either of them as a leader of men in a violent physical game.; "

But you said;

"Burrow comes out and puts up 4,500 yards and 40 TDs and wins comeback player of the year and Troy is probably getting HC interviews next year."

Troy is the WR coach, were you saying if Troy was the OC instead of Pitcher?  If so I just missed it.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 07:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: But you said;

"Burrow comes out and puts up 4,500 yards and 40 TDs and wins comeback player of the year and Troy is probably getting HC interviews next year."

Troy is the WR coach, were you saying if Troy was the OC instead of Pitcher?  If so I just missed it.

I was.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 06:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Erik Spoelstra talk taking over a thread about the Bengals OC.

Confused

Three posts, for goodness sake. Brought up to respond to criticism about Pitcher not having credentials for his position, as if he were not qualified to be OC. Read the initial post (#43) and you will see the relevance to a thread on Pitcher.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 07:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: Three posts, for goodness sake. Brought up to respond to criticism about Pitcher not having credentials for his position, as if he were not qualified to be OC. Read the initial post (#43) and you will see the relevance to a thread on Pitcher.

I was just having some fun and didn't intend to sound like a tool or anything. I'm cool with whatever. The boards are meant for having fun chit chat.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 07:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Pitcher news conference video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4t7ytSuv3E

A good watch if you need some Bengals news!

Who Dey
Thank you, definitely think he is the right hire and the dude has great hair!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 11:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thank you, definitely think he is the right hire and the dude has great hair!  Hilarious

Hilarious He sort of has that vibe of being the coolest guy in the room. It is the hair!
Reply/Quote
Not unhappy about something I already expected, but I wonder if the run game will continue to be the red-headed stepchild of the offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 01:20 AM)puddycat Wrote: Not unhappy about something I already expected, but I wonder if the run game will continue to be the red-headed stepchild of the offense.

At least he addressed it.

Reply/Quote
I hear a lot of good things about Pitcher. Some had said that Pitcher was instrumental on some Offense play designs. I am excited to see how the Bengals offense looks next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I certainly like this promotion better than the Zampese promotion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 10:37 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I certainly like this promotion better than the Zampese promotion.

I think the Zampese promotion was more of giving a guy who paid his dues, a chance and since he was basically running the same offense we already had in place, in wouldn;t have hurt too much (and it didn't).

When he was able to sink his teeth more into it the next year, is when we all knew there were problems.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 10:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think the Zampese promotion was more of giving a guy who paid his dues, a chance and since he was basically running the same offense we already had in place, in wouldn;t have hurt too much (and it didn't).

When he was able to sink his teeth more into it the next year, is when we all knew there were problems.

That's probably right, but I wasn't much on that promotion. I didn't like him as the QB coach, so I obviously had a predetermined bias. With Dan, I feel more comfortable. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 10:26 PM)pally Wrote: the odds are very slim you will get that bone.  

It did sound slim earlier in the week, but Zac said the QBC position won't be filled until next week at the very least. Do they have to abide by the Rooney rule for non coordinator positions too? If not, then they could have been promoted Brad if he was the replacement. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: It did sound slim earlier in the week, but Zac said the QBC position won't be filled until next week at the very least. Do they have to abide by the Rooney rule for non coordinator positions too? If not, then they could have been promoted Brad if he was the replacement. 

It won't be filled immediately because Brad Kragthorpe is on the coaching staff for the East-West Shrine Game and is already on site there.  They will wait until he is back in town before making the announcement

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2024, 01:53 PM)pally Wrote: It won't be filled immediately because Brad Kragthorpe is on the coaching staff for the East-West Shrine Game and is already on site there.  They will wait until he is back in town before making the announcement

He gets a roster full of Kentucky Quarterbacks

Devin Leary Kentucky
Jack Plummer Louisville
Austin Reed Western Kentucky
Jordan Travis Florida State.... formerly Louisville lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote