Poll: Mike Brown or Dan Snyder
Mikey B
Danny Boy
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dan Snyder vs. Mike Brown - Who Do You Take?
Gun to your head, you have to choose one of these winners to own and operate your franchise.

Who ya got??
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since Snyder bought the Redskins in '99 the records are about the same. The Bengals have won 8 more games and gone to the playoffs a couple of more times, but there is not a huge difference.

It is like asking if you would rather have a shit sandwich or spaghetti with shit sauce.
Reply/Quote
This is equal to the over/under toilet paper tissue debate. Which looks better and has more functionality? Doesn't matter because much like the season, we know where it goes in the end. Straight down the crapper.

Reply/Quote
Suprisingly, I went with Mike.

Snyder is just as inept. And from what I read is just a shat human being. There was a report/story that I read recently that talked about just what an a-hole he is. Stuff of about people not being able to look him in the eyes, being required to refer to him as Mr. Snyder at all times, not allowing congratulations posts/statements to other local teams (Redskins were only DC team not to publically show support for Nationals), calling a 5am meeting to fire Jay Gruden...

The guy is just a garbage human being, and a garbage owner. That's a bad combination.

While I have plenty of gripes about Mike, and would take every other owner/GM ovee him, I don't think he's a bad person. He's a stubborn old man, with plenty of bad traits, but I'll take that over a guy like Snyder.

All that said, this is like asking if you would rather have Chlamydia or Gonorhea. Just because I choose Mike (Chlamydia) doesn't mean it's anything to be celebrated.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:57 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Suprisingly, I went with Mike.

Snyder is just as inept. And from what I read is just a shat human being. There was a report/story that I read recently that talked about just what an a-hole he is. Stuff of about people not being able to look him in the eyes, being required to refer to him as Mr. Snyder at all times, not allowing congratulations posts/statements to other local teams (Redskins were only DC team not to publically show support for Nationals), calling a 5am meeting to fire Jay Gruden...

The guy is just a garbage human being, and a garbage owner. That's a bad combination.

While I have plenty of gripes about Mike, and would take every other owner/GM ovee him, I don't think he's a bad person. He's a stubborn old man, with plenty of bad traits, but I'll take that over a guy like Snyder.

All that said, this is like asking if you would rather have Chlamydia or Gonorhea. Just because I choose Mike (Chlamydia) doesn't mean it's anything to be celebrated.

Interesting take. If all that's true, he's certainly disgusting. 

Would still take him over Mikey. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:57 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Suprisingly, I went with Mike.

Good point.  The way the team supported Devon Still and his daughter is to be commended.  Many (possibly most) corporations wouldn't have done what the Bengals did to ensure they had medical insurance when they needed it the most.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:57 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Suprisingly, I went with Mike.

Yep. This. Mike Brown is not a bad man. Just look at the Devon Still situation. Snyder otoh sounds like a nutcase dbag of the first degree.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Snyder bought the Redskins in '99 the records are about the same.  The Bengals have won 8 more games and gone to the playoffs a couple of more times, but there is not a huge difference.

It is like asking if you would rather have a shit sandwich or spaghetti with shit sauce.

The spaghetti with shit sauce sounds nice, I'll have that.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:00 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Interesting take. If all that's true, he's certainly disgusting. 

Would still take him over Mikey. 

Snyder might be a shat of a human, but he doesn't keep coaches around that produce mediocre results for 15 years.
It's very clear with Snyder, produce not only wins, but playoff wins or your gone and he's not afraid to sign big names either.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:49 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Snyder might be a shat of a human, but he doesn't keep coaches around that produce mediocre results for 15 years.
It's very clear with Snyder, produce not only wins, but playoff wins or your gone and he's not afraid to sign big names either.

He did Jay dirty, though. Who fires a HC at 5am?

Reply/Quote
Neither, just don't play if those two idiots are your choices.

Reply/Quote
I voted Snyder. He and MB are both terrible owners, but at least Snyder is willing to take chances and spend money to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He did Jay dirty, though. Who fires a HC at 5am?

Personally, I'd rather be fired BEFORE I put in a full day's work.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 11:49 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Snyder might be a shat of a human, but he doesn't keep coaches around that produce mediocre results for 15 years.

This is total BS.  Mike Brown did exactly what you praise Snyder for doing (changing coaches) yet you are not happy at all this year.  

Mike Brown traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league and people still scream about how he never tried to fix the O-line

Since Snyder bought the Redskins the Bengals have won more games and made the playoffs more often.  That is what fans really care about.  They may claim that they care about "trying" but their actions speak louder than their words.
Reply/Quote
Snyder.

We need an Owner whose team isn't it's business, it's only source of income that must last for future generations and grandchildren and their grandchildren.

That's one of the big issues with Brown as it's the family business, they must operate with that income being the only thing in the family to keep the generations going.

These other Owners, their NFL team is play money, a side gig for fun with other billionaires, tax write-offs. A bad free agent signing and it doesn't set them back in free agency for 10 years (Bryant).

Snyder may fail, but he tries and knows how to excite his fanbase.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Snyder. At least he makes moves and tries to do things.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:30 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Snyder.  At least he makes moves and tries to do things.

So what?

Remember when everyone said they would be thrilled if Mike just replaced Marvin?

See any happiness around here lately?

"Anyone but Mike Brown" is just as silly as "Anyone but Marvin".  Fans are only pleased with "anyone" if he wins.  
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown....at least he is a decent human being. Besides he's a lot older than Snyder so we're stuck with him for less time than we would be with Snyder

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Snyder may fail, but he tries and knows how to excite his fanbase.

Wrong.

Over the last decade the Redskins have had a 31% decline in attendance.  That is worst in the entire league.  The Bengals were at just 24%.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what?

Remember when everyone said they would be thrilled if Mike just replaced Marvin?

See any happiness around here lately?

"Anyone but Mike Brown" is just as silly as "Anyone but Marvin".  Fans are only pleased with "anyone" if he wins.  

Remember when we were having consecutive playoff appearances and people were actually PRAISING Mike? Granted, it was more of praising him for taking a step back and letting Marvin take control kind of praise, but still.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote