Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jerimiah Top 50
(02-04-2023, 09:00 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'll have to rewatch the senior bowl game but it seemed as the game went on, Wright started letting up more and more pressures.

That's on me, I was afraid his stock was rising too fast, asked to him to let off the gas so we could grab him...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 10:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Precisely my point if you want a guy that wont be there by the next pick it isnt a reach, perfectly stated.

CB is so highly valued and we are not sure how Chido comes back, en elite CB is hard to pass.
If we do not sign Bell or another vet and Brian Branch is sitting there, he may be a take as well (but I hate 2 safeties in a row at #1).

Curious how high Rush moves up this week. He did well all week from what I saw, including the game. Seemed like he could manage depending on which games are early next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OH WHAT!?! Michael Mayers TE Fan Club!?! There are 2 other TEs listed above him?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you have 4 T's on rookie deals and feel the need to spend a 1st on another one, what does that tell you about your ability to evaluate T prospects?  It tells you that you aren't very good at it, and we're going to compound that by reaching in a bad class?

I seriously don't want to hear about Jones.  Every single year, there's a massively over hyped OSU OL that everyone locks onto that turns out to be a massive disappointment.  Last year, it was NPF who was poor on the worst OL in the league.  Year before, it was Wyatt Davis, who has already been cut by multiple teams and isn't under contract to anyone currently, iirc.  And Wright is the consensus #56 prospect, so a massive reach in the 1st.

It's not like we haven't tried and failed using your philosophy, either.  That's how we wound up with Billy Price.

If i need a 19 to double out, i'm gonna keep throwing that dart until i hit it. 

Especially when Adeniji is the pool table to the right. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 05:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If i need a 19 to double out, i'm gonna keep throwing that dart until i hit it. 

Especially when Adeniji is the pool table to the right. 

To double up on this.

JW is considered an average to slightly below (if you ask Bengals fans) LT. Not what we were expecting but serviceable.

JC was a 2nd and projected to move inside. We found out he wasn't able to fire his hands quick enough for OG but looks like he can be serviceable outside.

AH is a 6th rounder. Those are unlikely to be stars.

DS was a 4th rounder project. Looking like a lost cause but was worth the throw of the dart so to speak. 

If you're idea to complain about players on rookie contracts are averaging out to roughly 4 3rd round picks (1+2+4+6/4) and that's your justification to not spend 1 1st to shore up the one glaring weakness on the unit, then idk what can be said to help you see the light.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 07:13 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: To double up on this.

JW is considered an average to slightly below (if you ask Bengals fans) LT. Not what we were expecting but serviceable.

JC was a 2nd and projected to move inside. We found out he wasn't able to fire his hands quick enough for OG but looks like he can be serviceable outside.

DS was a 4th rounder project. Looking like a lost cause but was worth the throw of the dart so to speak. 

If you're idea to complain about players on rookie contracts are averaging out to roughly 4 3rd round picks (1+2+4+6/4) and that's your justification to not spend 1 1st to shore up the one glaring weakness on the unit, then idk what can be said to help you see the light.

I'm talking about hitting on a 1st rd RT. That's what i want, regardless of how bad the Bengals have been drafting Olinemen recently. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 07:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm talking about hitting on a 1st rd RT. That's what i want, regardless of how bad the Bengals have been drafting Olinemen recently. 

If my statement was confusing, I apologize. That's exactly what I meant.  I was just stating that Whatever's comment about not adding another rookie contract to that room was foolish because you didn't necessarily add real talent before just because the draft pick was spent, rather the quality of draft pick spent.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If my statement was confusing, I apologize. That's exactly what I meant.  I was just stating that Whatever's comment about not adding another rookie contract to that room was foolish because you didn't necessarily add real talent before just because the draft pick was spent, rather the quality of draft pick spent.

I agree.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree.

But like has been said in this or other topics about our 1st round pick. You don't pick one just to pick one. Only if they are with range of your other targets.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 07:13 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: To double up on this.

Ahhhh. I was in a rush and didn't get this the first time. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:02 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: But like has been said in this or other topics about our 1st round pick. You don't pick one just to pick one. Only if they are with range of your other targets.

Right. I'm not down with just picking a T because there's one there and we need one. He needs to have potential and be worthy of the spot they're drafting. 

My absolute dream scenario would be that they pick up a RT in FA and then there's a run on a couple positions in the draft and Torrence makes it to 28 and the Bengals take him and Volson could be a solid backup. THEN that would open up rd 2. It would allow Collins to come back slowly from the knee and he would be available late if something happened to whoever was starting. 

I'm literally just now dipping my toe in FA and draft stuff after not paying any attention to it at all during the season. I'm over here in the kiddie pool yelling at you guys in the deep end...

What are the chances Jawaan Taylor hits free agency and the Bengals are interested?

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. I'm not down with just picking a T because there's one there and we need one. He needs to have potential and be worthy of the spot they're drafting. 

My absolute dream scenario would be that they pick up a RT in FA and then there's a run on a couple positions in the draft and Torrence makes it to 28 and the Bengals take him and Volson could be a solid backup. THEN that would open up rd 2. It would allow Collins to come back slowly from the knee and he would be available late if something happened to whoever was starting. 

I'm literally just now dipping my toe in FA and draft stuff after not paying any attention to it at all during the season. I'm over here in the kiddie pool yelling at you guys in the deep end...

What are the chances Jawaan Taylor hits free agency and the Bengals are interested?

In the past we would have jumped all over him as a reclamation project. Honestly not sure of his style and if he would fit. Could be a good option. I think I've heard they (Jags) are planning on moving on from him.

As to drafting Torrence, after the Senior Bowl, I might lean more towards Schmitz. Center from Minnesota who can play OG as well. Stonewalling people.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:12 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: In the past we would have jumped all over him as a reclamation project. Honestly not sure of his style and if he would fit. Could be a good option. I think I've heard they (Jags) are planning on moving on from him.

As to drafting Torrence, after the Senior Bowl, I might lean more towards Schmitz. Center from Minnesota who can play OG as well. Stonewalling people.

Taylor isn't know much for run blocking but he's a solid pass protector for his career, he's young and the Jags are over the cap. Just finished looking through PFFs top 100 FAs and Taylor checks in at #15 overall, #3 for OTs and #2 for RTs. His projected APY is around 12-14M.

I'll take either one...or anyone that can push and/or supplant Volson. I'm content with Volson backing up but unless he takes a big leap next year, i'd rather he wasn't the starter.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:12 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: In the past we would have jumped all over him as a reclamation project. Honestly not sure of his style and if he would fit. Could be a good option. I think I've heard they (Jags) are planning on moving on from him.

If you could get him for multi year 10-12M per, I'd do it. Any higher and I'd have hesitation due to upcoming contracts.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:26 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Anyone on this list look like a good fit from 25-40?

No one on here is going to want to hear anything but OT, DE, or CB, but if there is some way that Jaxson Smith-Njigba is there when the Bengals pick, I am all over it.   That guy was BETTER than Garrett Wilson and Olave and both those guys just had 1000 yard seasons in their NFL debut with poor teams and middling at best QB play.  

JSN would be our slot WR, and he can uncover SO FAST that he would be that security blanket that Burrow sometimes lacks in the face of immediate pass rush.  

I think he also sets the Bengals up very well should they have to have life without Tee Higgins. 

I simply don't see a CB, DE, or really any position (I sure as hell am not taking any of these TEs over him) that could make the Bengals better from the first snap.

My dream is the Bengals sign a veteran OT to compete with Collins at RT and use the draft to make the team more explosive.  They could also use a pass rusher, no doubt, and there will be some real talent in the 2nd round at both DT and DE.  CB could also be in the works in rd 2, but I really like the idea of JSN.  I am probably alone on that hill, but that's ok.  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My dream is the Bengals sign a veteran OT to compete with Collins at RT and use the draft to make the team more explosive.  They could also use a pass rusher, no doubt, and there will be some real talent in the 2nd round at both DT and DE.  CB could also be in the works in rd 2, but I really like the idea of JSN.  I am probably alone on that hill, but that's ok.  

I think that more likely would be Collins getting cut and the Bengals using the money that is freed up toward signing a different veteran RT.  Btw, I don't think that you're crazy for wanting to see Jaxon Smith-Njigba drafted by the Bengals.  He would be a fabulous compliment to Jamar Chase, bringing a Tyreek Hill sort of dimension to the offense.  Still going to need that big bodied receiver to replace Tee on those contested catches on the sideline routes, but role players with specific skill sets can be found relatively cheap (in terms of draft slot or free agent contract).

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If a WR isn't physical enough to box out and climb the ladder for 50/50 balls on the outside he doesnt fit in Cincinnati.

They do not want a slot dominant WR because they want to move Chase in the slot more to create mismatches. So if the Bengals take a Tyler Boyd replacement he has to be an inside outside guy that can be physical enough to box out and get those back shoulder throws because that is one of Burrows best balls.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I didn't see the game, but Will McDonald had an awesome practice week at the Senior Bowl. He really flashed some pass rush moves.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No one on here is going to want to hear anything but OT, DE, or CB, but if there is some way that Jaxson Smith-Njigba is there when the Bengals pick, I am all over it.   That guy was BETTER than Garrett Wilson and Olave and both those guys just had 1000 yard seasons in their NFL debut with poor teams and middling at best QB play.  

JSN would be our slot WR, and he can uncover SO FAST that he would be that security blanket that Burrow sometimes lacks in the face of immediate pass rush.  

I think he also sets the Bengals up very well should they have to have life without Tee Higgins. 

I simply don't see a CB, DE, or really any position (I sure as hell am not taking any of these TEs over him) that could make the Bengals better from the first snap.

My dream is the Bengals sign a veteran OT to compete with Collins at RT and use the draft to make the team more explosive.  They could also use a pass rusher, no doubt, and there will be some real talent in the 2nd round at both DT and DE.  CB could also be in the works in rd 2, but I really like the idea of JSN.  I am probably alone on that hill, but that's ok.  

It'll be intersting to see what happens. In all likelihood there is no Trade and we pick up the best value at our pick.

But if somehow you can flip Tee for a high pick you can pick a DE, OT, or CB high and then come back and hit the other position or go WR like you suggest.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that more likely would be Collins getting cut and the Bengals using the money that is freed up toward signing a different veteran RT.  Btw, I don't think that you're crazy for wanting to see Jaxon Smith-Njigba drafted by the Bengals.  He would be a fabulous compliment to Jamar Chase, bringing a Tyreek Hill sort of dimension to the offense.  Still going to need that big bodied receiver to replace Tee on those contested catches on the sideline routes, but role players with specific skill sets can be found relatively cheap (in terms of draft slot or free agent contract).

I guess I am a little bit on planet delusional and hoping they can find a way to extend Tee next season as well.  I can see Boyd, Mixon, Collins (as you mentioned), and Jonah being "cap casualties", but I am really hoping they find a way to keep Tee.  He has scored big TDs in almost every playoff game and I think he is the perfect complement to Chase.  

I think JSN in the slot with Chase and Tee outside would be unstoppable.  
Reply/Quote