Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darnell wright mentally soft
(04-21-2023, 11:32 AM)Whatever Wrote: And?  I had a second round grade on another board consensus pick that actually did get drafted in the Top 10, Devon Bush.  Guess how that worked out?  I have never graded prospects based on where I think they will be drafted.  I grade based on how well I think they will translate to the NFL.

With Wright, you have a T that is limited in the run game.  People point to his pass pro #'s, but those are skewed because he played in a non-traditional offense that helped cover up some of his weaknesses.  Now we have maturity issues on top of it.

You said Wright is a Day 3 OT.  That is so insane, but you think you know more than every analyst and NFL scouting department I guess?

And a  mean tweet to Willie?  Lol, that will move teams from him....?

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 12:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You said Wright is a Day 3 OT.  That is so insane, but you think you know more than every analyst and NFL scouting department I guess?

And a  mean tweet to Willie?  Lol, that will move teams from him....?

I said I wouldn't touch Wright before Day 3 for the Bengals.  If we were a team that ran a lot of gap scheme with a FB, like the Ravens under Greg Roman for instance, I would consider him Day 2.  But for a base 11 team that needs OL that can get to the second level to have a successful running game, I don't like him as a fit.  

You have no idea what any NFL scouting department actually has Wright graded.  Mayock was the king of draft analysts for years and look how terrible he was as an actual GM.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 01:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: I said I wouldn't touch Wright before Day 3 for the Bengals.  If we were a team that ran a lot of gap scheme with a FB, like the Ravens under Greg Roman for instance, I would consider him Day 2.  But for a base 11 team that needs OL that can get to the second level to have a successful running game, I don't like him as a fit.  

You have no idea what any NFL scouting department actually has Wright graded.  Mayock was the king of draft analysts for years and look how terrible he was as an actual GM.  

Whatever Whatever.....

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 01:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: I said I wouldn't touch Wright before Day 3 for the Bengals.  If we were a team that ran a lot of gap scheme with a FB, like the Ravens under Greg Roman for instance, I would consider him Day 2.  But for a base 11 team that needs OL that can get to the second level to have a successful running game, I don't like him as a fit.  

We are going to run a lot more Gap scheme with the addition of Orlando Brown who isn't an athletic, finesse LT like Jonah...

Don't know what you are talking about. Darnell Wright fits us more than about any team in the league early. He plays RT, just what we 
need, he is a power Gap scheme RT, just like we are going to run, he protects the QB extremely well and we need this more than anybody.

Wright at 28 is right where he should go and I haven't even seen him falling out of the first, let alone to Day 3...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are going to run a lot more Gap scheme with the addition of Orlando Brown who isn't an athletic, finesse LT like Jonah...

Don't know what you are talking about. Darnell Wright fits us more than about any team in the league early. He plays RT, just what we 
need, he is a power Gap scheme RT, just like we are going to run, he protects the QB extremely well and we need this more than anybody.

Wright at 28 is right where he should go and I haven't even seen him falling out of the first, let alone to Day 3...

Those are great points about Darnell Wright, he's going to be a good Pro likely for a long time.  However, he will likely have a bit of a learning curve before he's up to full force in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darnell-wright/32005752-4915-3639-216c-bcc7afd9f5d5

Quote:Right tackle prospect who used his size and power to overcome athletic limitations and spotty technique on the collegiate level. The tape can be a little uneven for Wright with poor block finishes followed up by aggressive pancakes. He played with much better body control and footwork in 2022, though. Wright is capable of staying at right tackle at the next level provided he’s given protection help from time to time. While he was often a positional blocker at Tennessee, he’s a very talented drive blocker when allowed to fire out. There will be inconsistent outings, but Wright should develop into a decent starting tackle with the potential to kick inside if necessary.

He seems to translate most to La'el Collins, before the big guy developed the chronic back issues and now knee problems.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2023, 05:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those are great points about Darnell Wright, he's going to be a good Pro likely for a long time.  However, he will likely have a bit of a learning curve before he's up to full force in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darnell-wright/32005752-4915-3639-216c-bcc7afd9f5d5

He seems to translate most to La'el Collins, before the big guy developed the chronic back issues and now knee problems.

Thank for this Sunset. Yeah, he isn't perfect, but he is improving, just what you want to see if he is the pick at 28. He fits, as you say, he 
is a lot like LC when healthy. Better pass blocker though which is what we need at RT. We will see if the coaches think RT is a need, I think
they like Carman but are going to trade Jonah. It will tell a lot if Wright is there and we pass on him for say, Forbes who I think will be the
pick. 
Reply/Quote