Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davante Adams Gives His Opinion
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/10/12/22719920/packers-davante-adams-bengals
Reply/Quote
Yeah, old Charlie Weiss, who has been a critic of the team on Sirius has changed his tune this week as well.
Reply/Quote
I find this a very interesting comment. I mean, the dude put up a career high yards against us and he says "these ain't the same old Bengals". That's almost laughable.

He's in a division where he faces the Lions twice a year and has never put up those kind of numbers. Just odd.

I dunno, it would've made more sense had we held him to 2 catches for 17 yards or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:42 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I find this a very interesting comment.  I mean, the dude put up a career high yards against us and he says "these ain't the same old Bengals".  That's almost laughable.

He's in a division where he faces the Lions twice a year and has never put up those kind of numbers.  Just odd.

I dunno, it would've made more sense had we held him to 2 catches for 17 yards or something.

Right. I think he was just being "polite" unless he thinks he would have got 300 yards against the old Bengals.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:42 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I find this a very interesting comment. I mean, the dude put up a career high yards against us and he says "these ain't the same old Bengals". That's almost laughable.

He's in a division where he faces the Lions twice a year and has never put up those kind of numbers. Just odd.

Yeah just scraping by at the end of OT, no way he thinks they Bengals are legit…. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:42 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I find this a very interesting comment.  I mean, the dude put up a career high yards against us and he says "these ain't the same old Bengals".  That's almost laughable.

Since you think the only way to judge an NFL team is by yards gained by the #1WR do you agree that the Bengals are the 7th best team in the league?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since you think the only way to judge an NFL team is by yards gained by the #1WR do you agree that the Bengals are the 7th best team in the league?

The bengals are 10th in power rankings this week. I don’t think I can believe that yet, but I do believe they are somewhere in the middle. I think they are either a OL or Carman progressing better away, OC, DB and another rusher away(Ossai I hope) and a little more depth away from being a play off team guarantee. That’s not that much, which is exciting as a bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:05 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The bengals are 10th in power rankings this week. I don’t think I can believe that yet, but I do believe they are somewhere in the middle. I think they are either a OL or Carman progressing better away, OC, DB and another rusher away(Ossai I hope) and a little more depth away from being a play off team guarantee. That’s not that much, which is exciting as a bengals fan.

100% agree they are much better than the last 2 seasons.

But I am not willing to say "top 10" quite yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since you think the only way to judge an NFL team is by yards gained by the #1WR do you agree that the Bengals are the 7th best team in the league?

There you go putting words into someone's mouth!  

At what point in my response did I say anything about MY judgement regarding NFL teams?

Let's try this again to see if you understand the point any better on 2nd read:  I find it very odd that a receiver that destroys a team thinks they are legit.  

That's all, don't read too much into it, or enter your usual interpretation to stoke additional community response.
Reply/Quote

He's in a division where he faces the Lions twice a year and has never put up those kind of numbers.  Just odd.

I think he's already doing PR to be traded to/or move with the Bengals and play with Burrow. He knows Aaron will no longer be with the packers next season. Smart guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:19 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: There you go putting words into someone's mouth!  

At what point in my response did I say anything about MY judgement regarding NFL teams?

Let's try this again to see if you understand the point any better on 2nd read:  I find it very odd that a receiver that destroys a team thinks they are legit.  

That's all, don't read too much into it, or enter your usual interpretation to stoke additional community response.

So your argument is that a team can't be good if they give up a lot of yards to a #1 WR, but at the same time you are saying that you don't think you can judge a team based on how many yards their #1 WR gets?

I am having a little problem following your logic.
Reply/Quote
I was having a discussion with Doug Farrar, Editor at USA Today Sports, and he was talking about how impressed he was with Awuzie Sunday and the defense in general this year. The team really is much improved and I think some times we are too close to see some of these things. Offensively there are still kinks to work out, and Burrow will continue to improve with more gam experience. I don't know if we are a top 10 team yet, but I don't think it's wild to think we can be at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 100% agree they are much better than the last 2 seasons.

But I am not willing to say "top 10" quite yet.

Pretty much my thoughts on it too.  I feel we have a chance to win any game because of the nature of this league, but also because of the much improved personnel.  There are still holes though, not unlike many other teams.  
Reply/Quote
Well we really should have lost. Rodgers is 2-2 vs the Bengals with both wins coming in overtime. He easily could be 0-4. Rodgers rookie season we lost to the Bengals 21-14 as Farve was still playing. Moral of the story is the Bengals beat up on us when we play and if we win we don’t leave the game without being beat up physically.
Reply/Quote

(10-13-2021, 09:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Right. I think he was just being "polite" unless he thinks he would have got 300 yards against the old Bengals.

Ummm, did you all forget that we just took the Packers to OT had 2 chances to win the game and it took the Packers 4 tries to beat us?  Yes, Adams had some gaudy stats, but GB still only scored 22 points in regulation. Despite his good showing, he can still honestly claim the Bengals are a good team. 

I swear, some of you just can't be real Bengals fans with the way you shit on the team and/or can't accept when someone else compliments the team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummm, did you all forget that we just took the Packers to OT had 2 chances to win the game and it took the Packers 4 tries to beat us?  Yes, Adams had some gaudy stats, but GB still only scored 22 points in regulation. Despite his good showing, he can still honestly claim the Bengals are a good team. 

I swear, some of you just can't be real Bengals fans with the way you shit on the team and/or can't accept when someone else compliments the team.

Hmm maybe I needed to add the sarcasm sign in mine. Didn’t think it was necessary based on the wording but I’ll update if it’s not clear ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 11:49 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Hmm maybe I needed to add the sarcasm sign in mine. Didn’t think it was necessary based on the wording but I’ll update if it’s not clear ThumbsUp

After re-reading it, I can see the sarcasm now. My bad. 
Reply/Quote

Adams had a great day against a pretty good defense, but was looking at the whole flow if the game, not just his personal performance.

Being a baseball guy, I can see someone going 5 for 5 and winning a game in the 12th inning and giving props to what a great game the other team just played going 12 innings and having opportunities to win the game.
Reply/Quote
Time will tell.

With the remaining schedule, I see 2 games that should definitely be victories, Lions and Jets, 1 that's a toss up (9ers) but the rest are going to be tough (KC, Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Steelers, Ravens twice, Browns twice).

THEN we'll see just how on the mark Adams opinion is!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:05 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Adams had a great day against a pretty good defense, but was looking at the whole flow if the game, not just his personal performance.

Being a baseball guy, I can see someone going 5 for 5 and winning a game in the 12th inning and giving props to what a great game the other team just played going 12 innings and having opportunities to win the game.

Last year, Adams had only 36 yards in a blowout win over Detroit. I guess some of the guys in this thread think he must've thought the Lions were a good team because he was held to only 36 yards. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote