Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11
Oh boy. He's obviously tuned in. Didn't want to hear that.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope Lap has lost his privileges cause nothing good comes from it. Now if he's wrong every year at least we would know some disinformation is going on, well or we are letting the cat out of the bag if said player goes before our pick each year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Oh boy. He's obviously tuned in. Didn't want to hear that.

If he pans out I don’t see why. But of course that’s a crapshoot but I love the idea of taking a future LT. And you get that extra year of control. But Lap also said Bush but he’s thinking he’s not going to be there
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Many on the board are acting like Dillard at #11 is a reach pick... I took the time and look at 10 different draft sites/experts and guess what the average slot for Dillard is 10/11 pick in 1st round... This is not a reach pick.. he has very high value especially in pass blocking... he will go in 1st round and I would say top half of the round.

Most have him well gone before us.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:46 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If he pans out I don’t see why. But of course that’s a crapshoot but I love the idea of taking a future LT. And you get that extra year of control. But Lap also said Bush but he’s thinking he’s not going to be there

Of course, if we're given guarantees, then hell yeah. 

We're not.

And guys like Dillard are not guarantees. I think he'll be a starter, probably an average one. Maybe above average. But his ceiling is limited. There are guys we would have to pass over at 11 who will have much higher ceilings, and at positions of need. Most positions on this team are positions of need. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I wanna say he’s got last 5/6 right. Think he predicted ragnow but said price if he wasn’t there

That's probably what I'm remembering....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Honestly, we've been linked to QBs, OTs, CBs, LBs, you name it. I'm beginning to think Taylor and staff are throwing out smokescreens, and Lap doesn't have quite the insider knowledge he used to have. At least I hope.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's probably what I'm remembering....

right so the best strategy now is to have him name someone we don't want but others might....  So we can get a trade or they spend a lot to jump us for someone we don't want..

If Lapham actually knows what the bengals are thinking then he should keep his damn mouth shut...
Reply/Quote
Please no, we’ll be drafting his replacement in a few years.
Reply/Quote
I had a mini-psychotic episode when we picked Cedric Ogbuehi in 15. This team needed a pass-rusher badly and there were still some nice ones there. Instead they took a hurt dude that sucked to boot. Then proceeded to take another guy that sucked at the same position in the second round.

If this team didn't learn it's lesson about weak, skinny basketball players lining up to protect their qb, then they are in deep shit. I mean, how much more explicitly could they have had it play out for them after 2015? That pick and draft could be argued as the mis-step that took this team from being a perennially solid roster to a team with one of the worst lines in the league for 3 seasons.

Taylor should know this. The Bengals brass should damn well know this. I'll break it down: Bengals have 2 mammoths at OT in Whitworth and Smith. Bengals offensive line good. Rams have 2 nasty, physical, big OTs. Rams offensive line good. Bengals have beanpole at either OT spot: Bengals bad. Real bad. Like wreck the offense and kill the team's talent acquisition process for a half-decade bad. Just no. I can't take it again. They just can't possibly be this galactically idiotic again while still paying the price for the last time they did it.

Their best young offensive player is Joe Mixon. I don't see how you play to that rare strength on this roster by lining up a penalty machine like Hart on the right side and a weakling like Dillard on the left. Might as well trade Mixon someplace else if you're this moronic, because you aren't running the football with that crew.

Also, pretty hilarious how Jonah Williams gets hammered for arm length, yet suddenly Dillard is the best OT in the draft with shorter arms than Jonah and a lot less technique. LOL.

Please do not pick this guy. For the love of god. Please. Do. Not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:15 PM)samhain Wrote: If this team didn't learn it's lesson about weak, skinny basketball players lining up to protect their qb, then they are in deep shit.

I don't mean to just pick on Samhain because a lot of people have said the same thing, but it is absurd to say that every long lean OT sucks.

Joe Thomas 6'6", 312.... 10 Pro Bowl, 6 All Pro    
Joe Staley 6'5", 315...…. 6 Pro Bowl 
Ryan Clady 6'6", 315..... 4 Pro Bowl, 2 All Pro
Jake Long 6'7", 315...…. 4 Pro Bowl, 1 All Pro 
Taylor Lewan 6'7", 309.. 3 Pro Bowl  
Lane Johnson 6'6", 317.. 2 Pro Bowl 1 All Pro 

Many of you would be saying these guys suck and we should never draft anyone like them.
Reply/Quote
All this hate for Dillard.
Here is a scouting report by ourlads scouting services:

Andre DillardOT , Washington State
HT: 6050v | WT: 315v | 40: 5.00v

Fifth year senior and three year starter from Woodinville, WA. Two-time first-team All Pac 12. The jury may still be out if he is better suited inside or on the edge, but no matter the case Dillard will be a long-time solid pro. His movement-efficiency and contact balance will be a weapon against any kind of defender whether it be at the point of attack or in space. Checks a lot of boxes and will give a team multiple options how to use him both right away and in the future. Strong, thick, and sturdy frame. Carries weight with ease. Textbook kick slide that stems from his quick and balanced lower body. Always aware of where his feet are and rarely looks overwhelmed. Control is his middle name and it leaves him in proper position to win the hand battles.He has hands like cinderblocks attached to his wrists. They are heavy and hard. He maintains inside position and keeps them active. Easy leverage coming from his natural low center of gravity and easy flexibility.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Many on the board are acting like Dillard at #11 is a reach pick... I took the time and look at 10 different draft sites/experts and guess what the average slot for Dillard is 10/11 pick in 1st round... This is not a reach pick.. he has very high value especially in pass blocking... he will go in 1st round and I would say top half of the round.

Most have him well gone before us.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 06:30 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I was thinking the same about Lap.
For the first time in a long time he didn't seem to know who we were going after and was just going with who he thinks we should take.
Looks like he doesn't have the access he used to have or his inside man is no longer in the building

I so want Defensive players with at least 4 of our picks and hopefully its 1 through 5.This draft is LOADED with top D players and we need to get OURS.I LOVE Dexter Lawrence and Christain Wilkins,both Clemson guys that can and will ball out in the NFL AND WE need at the very least one of these studs. I would be stoked with either one but Lawrence is my guy in round two and we will need to move up to get him.Come on Zac Taylor show us fans you got A PAIR.FEEL ME FANS :andy:
Reply/Quote
I just hope we get a solid player and Pitt misses out on the Devins. And Hock.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I just hope we get a solid player and Pitt misses out on the Devins. And Hock.

I WOULD jump all over Hock at 11 if he is there.He is going to add 10 points a game to someone. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:59 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I WOULD jump all over Hock at 11 if he is there.He is going to add 10 points a game to someone. ThumbsUp

He is the only player I would take other than OL and White. I don't even like Bush much less at 11.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Of course, if we're given guarantees, then hell yeah. 

We're not.

And guys like Dillard are not guarantees. I think he'll be a starter, probably an average one. Maybe above average. But his ceiling is limited. There are guys we would have to pass over at 11 who will have much higher ceilings, and at positions of need. Most positions on this team are positions of need. 

There’s no such thing as a guarantee in the draft. There’s been many instances of “can’t miss” prospects bust. LT is one of the few positions you should gamble with in the mid first round that may be a slight reach
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Sorry but from what I have read Dillard is a big reach - he has all the marks of a player who is either a LT in a pass happy offense or not playing.
Reply/Quote
Lord I hope not
Reply/Quote