Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11
(04-25-2019, 12:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Spotrac shows only $2 million in dead cap. Mike would save $9.25 million by cutting him.

Of course, if he's injured that's a different story. Is he really injured?

He was last season. Shoulder early then fighting a back injury most of the year. If he is 100% then we'll see. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't say Dillard would be a bfine #1 choice. It's OK to have short arms or it's OK to be weak at OT. But combining short arms and weakness could be an issue. There's about 5 OTs I'd take over Dillard. But if we do take him; I'll delete this post and exclaim about how much I love the pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't say Dillard would be a bfine #1 choice. It's OK to have short arms or it's OK to be weak at OT. But combining short arms and weakness could be an issue. There's about 5 OTs I'd take over Dillard. But if we do take him; I'll delete this post and exclaim about how much I love the pick

Yea you could see the length issue at the senior bowl against Montez Sweat. When Sweat extended his arms Dillard couldnt reach him...

Edit: Montez Sweat vs Dillard at about 15:10
https://youtu.be/wQClEdOBurE
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No to Dillard again. Neg - short arms. Light on the butt. 24 year old. Played in a pass happy offense unproven run blocker , played sub par during senior bowl. Sounds like #11 pick will be Dillard. Fml.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping against hope we don't do this - it would be Cedric II. If they want to go OL I hope ZT remembers his Rams experience and goes for a big power lineman with a long wingspan.
Reply/Quote
Devin @ 11. Trade up in 2 if we have to to get Risner. Dillard would be a bad start to the Zac Taylor era.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Saw some limited clips of Dillard, and though I hate to say it, he looked too much like like Obeuhi. Sort of retreating and dancing. It was working for him in the clips, but I just see him getting backed right up into the quarterback. If we pick him, I'm just hoping those clips were an aberration. I'd much rather have Williams, if we're taking a tackle in the first. Frankly, I'd also rather have Risner.
Reply/Quote
I’m all for Jonah Williams at 11. I’d rather h e White Bush or Oliver obviously but assuming they’re long gone give me Jonah over Haskins or Bush but please NOT Dillard I’d rather trade back if that’s the case
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
If Lapham really knew he wouldn’t say it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:28 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: “Dillard to me is a left tackle. He is the prototype left tackle. The only thing is when I’m watching him on tape I’m looking at his body type in the linear, I’ve seen this movie before. It looks a little like Cedric Ogbuehi a little bit physically. He’s got the long arms, he is fluid, he is smooth and he is athletic, and I’m like “ew I don’t like that,” but he seems to have a little bit more saltiness to him as I’m watching. He is going to turn 24 in October. He’s not a kid, so I think that will help him.

It is also worth noting that he views Alabama’s Jonah Williams on pretty equal level as Dillard. Lapham said if Williams is still available the Bengals should “sprint, sprint to get him.”

I agree 100%

Paul Alexander was on the SIrius XM NFL Radio Network this week and was raving about Williams....which, of course, made me not want him.  

I think there is a better chance that a QB will be there at #11 than Dillard or Williams.  I am hoping for Howard in Rd 2 and Devin White in Rd 1.

I also think it is a VERY likely scenario that the Bengals will trade back and end up with a player like Dexter Lawrence and an additional 2-3 Rounder.  I would absolutely love if this happens.  I feel like he would improve our entire defense the moment he steps on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:13 AM)Synric Wrote: Yea you could see the length issue at the senior bowl against Montez Sweat. When Sweat extended his arms Dillard couldnt reach him...

Edit: Montez Sweat vs Dillard at about 15:10
https://youtu.be/wQClEdOBurE

That is what was weird, early in the week Dillard struggled but by the end and into the game Sweat really got shutdown. I wonder if they were kicking inside help early forcing Sweat outside and letting Dillard use his athleticism to run him wide.

I like Dillard the player, but I don't want him at 11 (or any tackle really) but if we are going to an outside zone running scheme similar to the Rams he could work. If not I think he probably isn't a great fit because we probably won't line up and throw 40 times a game. I actually have him going to the Packers for that reason. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The #11 pick should be used on a LT.  You can find massive roadgraders in the second round to play RT.

Maybe we will move Glenn to RT.

And Glenn, like Dalton, has two years remaining on his deal.  Glenn would probably want the same money to move to RT and I'm not sure if he is worth it at this point.

Tytus Howard can also play LT and has the road grader strength we covet yet has very fluid agility.  He is just very raw.  Fits us perfectly.  Major talent that needs a year (or maybe half a year) of seasoning before he gets a shot.  

If the Bengals really want to be creative, they should try to trade way back to get an additional 2nd or back twice and package those picks (or the additional 2nd) with their 2nd rounder to move back in the first round (even at #32, Pats love picks) at get Howard after getting Dexter Lawrence. 

That way, you have the 5th year option on the rookie wage scale.  That is worth a ton.

Lawrence and Howard after Day 1 would have me dancing in the aisles.  
Reply/Quote
You know what our line has been terrible at? Pass blocking. You know what Dillard excels at? Pass blocking.

I have been back and forth on him. But if he is the pick i am on board. Cordy has played 30 of the last possible 48 games. I dont think his kidney grew back. And i dont think he got younger. We over paid for Hart because we are in dire need of tackle help. The sad part is.. Long term Hart has more upside than Cordy. Being 345lbs and having 1 kidney while playing a demanding professional sport is not sustainable.
Reply/Quote
This board confuses me. I thought Taylor was the savior and fans would trust him to get it done with the roster and the FO??

All of the experts weighing in on great or bad picks.

It took 3 seconds for some to think Taylor is a puppet of the FO and his input for the draft is discounted as a result.

I know Dillard is not a big name pick, but no OL normally is, but they sure are great if during pass plays you never hear their names (sacks against them).

Our OL needs help, we all agree. But, some think they know more than the FO doing the work to pay a man a lot of money for a very long time.

I am just a fan who wants us to draft a BPA at #11, if the team thinks that is Dilliard, so be it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This board confuses me. I thought Taylor was the savior and fans would trust him to get it done with the roster and the FO??

All of the experts weighing in on great or bad picks.

It took 3 seconds for some to think Taylor is a puppet of the FO and his input for the draft is discounted as a result.

I know Dillard is not a big name pick, but no OL normally is, but they sure are great if during pass plays you never hear their names (sacks against them).

Our OL needs help, we all agree. But, some think they know more than the FO doing the work to pay a man a lot of money for a very long time.

I am just a fan who wants us to draft a BPA at #11, if the team thinks that is Dilliard, so be it.

Personally, I think it speaks toward the lack of top tackles. Usually there's a guy or three that nobody can really fault outside ofmaybe "yeah, well he looked bad in that one game!"

This draft, the top five tackles all have significant issues a coaching staff is going to have to overcome to make them starters. Or some are really better suited to move inside. 

That's why I'd prefer we didn't go tackle at all. If you're getting a project, get him 2-5.
Reply/Quote
I think Lapham still has an idea where they are leaning. As far as I know Mike Brown is still the owner and Duke Tobin is still the de facto GM. From listening to that podcast you can start to see where they have the board set just like in previous years. He always lists more than 1 option but then makes a final "GUESS" just like everybody else because no one knows what will happen on draft day.

With that said after listening to the podcast it seemed like a cluster of players all close to each other that they would like is...

1. Devin White - didn't say much cause he is viewed as top 5 but that they would love to have him

2. Jonah Williams - talked about sprinting to get him and that he would be the pick but thinks he will be gone

3. Devin Bush - didn't seem really high on him because he is old school and thinks he isn't big enough but Dan Hoard then picked Bush on that same podcast as the pick so I believe clearly the top 2 Linebackers are high on the board but could be gone top 10

4. Andre Dillard - second best OT after Williams they feel and makes sense as the pick for Lapham especially if those top 3 are gone

5. Rashan Gary/Montez Sweat - Talked about Gary way too much for my liking. He mentioned lack of productivity but he would bring him up multiple times during the podcast as a guy with all the physical talents, still don't feel these guys would be picked over any of the others mentioned but in a scenario that all 4 are gone then these are likely the next two names to watch out for....
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:22 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote:  Rashan Gary/Montez Sweat - Talked about Gary way too much for my liking. He mentioned lack of productivity but he would bring him up multiple times during the podcast as a guy with all the physical talents, still don't feel these guys would be picked over any of the others mentioned but in a scenario that all 4 are gone then these are likely the next two names to watch out for....

They are reporting that Rashan Gary has a labral tear in his shoulder.

He may be able to play through the 2019 season and then get surgery after the season.

This will probably mean that he is still on the board when the Bengals pick comes up.

Maybe even a trade down by the Bengals to get Gary if they think he could fall further.

Offensive tackle & linebacker are greater needs but I have been thinking that the Bengals would covet Rashan Gary due to his speed/power attributes & versatility to play inside or outside.

If the Bengals don't go O-line or linebacker then they may get Gary and Draft yet another player early with an injury issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Fine by me

Read forty-years recent posts a few days ago,I said without question that it should be Andre Dillard or Dexter Lawrence,both would be day one starters and both are so much better on D and O than what we have.Dexter Lawrence cannot be blocked and he is going to be a stud in NFL. However,Lap and Myself are both just saying what we want,not what they are going to do.However if one of these two are indeed the pick,just come on back on here and say GOOD JOB,FORTY.I AM  so excited about this draft as they are a ton of D-studs on this one and I believe we are going to draft a OT,two DTs,a linebacker,a tightend,a safety and a qb in round 5.Can't wait,and just maybe the skins or the fins will want to trade with us to get their qb,that would be awesome and lets say that happens and we pick up an extra pick in the 4th and perhaps a 5th rounder next year,I would do it.WHO-DEY,ALL DAY. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
Lapham said on yesterday's mini camp video on the Bemgals website that he hopes they trade down and pick up an extra 3rd round pick.
Reply/Quote
I predict that no matter who the Bengals draft people wont be happy.
Reply/Quote