Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11
(04-24-2019, 09:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think the reason for the dubiousness of some of us is we got to see what happens with these smaller linemen and the track record even before Og and Fisher was not pretty. I would be happier with road graders who just line up and play power football at this point.

Nothing more beautiful than Mixon running it down the middle of our rivals... play after play and unable to fill the gap. :andy:
Reply/Quote
The #11 pick should be used on a LT. You can find massive roadgraders in the second round to play RT.

Maybe we will move Glenn to RT.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think the reason for the dubiousness of some of us is we got to see what happens with these smaller linemen and the track record even before Og and Fisher was not pretty. I would be happier with road graders who just line up and play power football at this point.

Some of the most successful running teams in the league have used a zone scheme instead of just drive blocking.  Just because it has not worked here that does not mean it is a flawed scheme.
Reply/Quote
Gotta say, if that's correct, it's not a good pick. Like, og pick bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The #11 pick should be used on a LT.  You can find massive roadgraders in the second round to play RT.

The problem with that is, Glenn is not a "road grader" type.  He's just a fat, athletic, pass blocker.   Sad

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem with that is, Glenn is not a "road grader" type.  He's just a fat, athletic, pass blocker.   Sad

He is HUGE but he doesn't look fat.  Don't know what he weighs now but he was 345 at the combine.

[Image: cordy-glenn-5273f670aa83a9ca.jpg]

And I know bench press is not a great measure of functional football strength but he did 31 reps which would indicate that he has some power.
Reply/Quote
Dillard would be a really bad pick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is HUGE but he doesn't look fat.  Don't know what he weighs now but he was 345 at the combine.

[Image: cordy-glenn-5273f670aa83a9ca.jpg]

And I know bench press is not a great measure of functional football strength but he did 31 reps which would indicate that he has some power.

And the Bills decided to replace and trade him because he was so fantastic??  On a more serious note, I do hope that he's healed up, and in great shape this year.  As of now, between Glenn and Brown, the Bills have got to be feeling pretty good about passing off used mules on us.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Voch is not impressed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRe6lWidepU
Reply/Quote
They traded because they were in cap purgatory. And this year they are looking at taking a LT in Rd 1, so their replacement plan for Glenn was less than completely successful.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets not act like LT is all gravy

Yeah, at least we have a functional player over there, unlike the right side.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how Glenn looked in minicamp? What weight he reported at and such? Also did Preston Brown really report at a lighter weight than last year like he said he would?
Reply/Quote
Another over aged finesse tackle that looks like a power forward. We have seen this movie before. Pass
Reply/Quote
No too Dillard
Reply/Quote
If both linebackers and Taylor aren't their at 11 I feel like Cody Ford fits more what their looking for in a RT. Not sure if the 11th pick is too high to take him tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Another over aged finesse tackle that looks like a power forward.  We have seen this movie before. Pass

Andre Dillard is nothing like Cedric Ogbuehi. Dillard understands he needs to work his hands inside and win with leverage while Ogbuehi used quick stabs and jabs. Dillards need work on his run blocking because he rarely was asked to do it in the system at Washington State. 

If I was to pick a tackle in the draft that looks like Ogbuehi it would be Tytus Howard...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The #11 pick should be used on a LT.  You can find massive roadgraders in the second round to play RT.

If we draft a LT, I'd bet on them cutting Glenn and his fat contract.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Bengals soaking cap to cut Glenn when most of the issue last season was our lack of depth forcing him to play while injured. The only way they move from him is an injury settlement if he is still hurt.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:15 AM)Joelist Wrote: I don't see the Bengals soaking cap to cut Glenn when most of the issue last season was our lack of depth forcing him to play while injured. The only way they move from him is an injury settlement if he is still hurt.

Spotrac shows only $2 million in dead cap. Mike would save $9.25 million by cutting him.

Of course, if he's injured that's a different story. Is he really injured?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we draft a LT, I'd bet on them cutting Glenn and his fat contract.

No way in hell we cut Glenn.

If he is injured that will be worked out, but we are paper thin at OT even if we draft one.
Reply/Quote