Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dave Lapham second round selection
This guy knows his stuff, he’s predicted the last 10 or whatever first rounders. After Burrow he came out with his prediction for round 2 recently. It’s Jordyn Brooks LB from Texas Tech. I mentioned this guy about a week ago after watching his game film. Plays like Burfict with better speed. Another run stopper seems to fit what the bengals are heading .

He also mentioned Baun , Queen if he’s there and OT Wilson. I’m surprised no WR mention but it makes sense. Brooks reminds me of Burfict / Wagner without the pass coverage skills though.
Reply/Quote
I could live with it. I've seen some mocks where Baltimore takes him with their first round pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:18 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I could live with it. I've seen some mocks where Baltimore takes him with their first round pick.

Really? I’ve seen nothing but 2nd 3rd round grades on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really? I’ve seen nothing but 2nd 3rd round grades on him.

Yeah I just watched one on YouTube the other day.  Blanking on the name of the video.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This guy knows his stuff, he’s predicted the last 10 or whatever first rounders.  After Burrow he came out with his prediction for round 2 recently.  It’s Jordyn Brooks LB from Texas Tech.    I mentioned this guy about a week ago after watching his game film.   Plays like Burfict with better speed.   Another run stopper seems to fit what the bengals are heading .  

He also mentioned Baun , Queen if he’s there and OT Wilson. I’m surprised no WR mention but it makes sense.  Brooks reminds me of Burfict / Wagner without the pass coverage skills though.

NFL COMP - Al Wilson 

Yes please! He's 240 pounds a ran a 4.54. Him, Baun or Wilson...would be ecstatic with any of the three.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really? I’ve seen nothing but 2nd 3rd round grades on him.

I heard last night on XM radio teams were looking at Brooks in round 1. They mentioned Raiders n Ravens n Steelers as options.

He flying up boards due to his 40 tine n the fact he can start from day one. Guy is as physical as it gets.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really? I’ve seen nothing but 2nd 3rd round grades on him.

I see him as a 3rd at the earliest. However, I can see teams taking a chance on him in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
Be nice to trade down and still get him.
Reply/Quote
40 time or not, I don't see anything close to Al Wilson's cover ability or Burfict's instincts. We've had all this time and we're being sold a template vs a player. If they talked Queen and Baun then hopefully Dave is prepping us if there is a run at LB or a trade down. If they target him like they did Mixon, with the trade down knowing there are other options I could live with it. I don't see the 33rd best prospect, which really should be 25th due to teams drafting needs and reaching.
Reply/Quote
If they stay at 33 and select him I’ll be upset
Reply/Quote
Brooks isn't a bad LB, he just isn't good in coverage or getting off blocks...yet.
He has speed, can tackle, and has solid instincts to hunt down ball carriers.
It's not an ideal pick, but it's understandable.
We just have to hope that the Bengals can actually groom him properly in his areas of weakness, otherwise he'll be a 2-down LB who comes off the field in passing situations, which diminishes his role and makes it hard to justify Pick 33.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yea not sure I'd be happy with this pick unless we traded back.... Isn't Dave Lapham usually right on these predictions as well?

If so a little bummed out
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
According to this, we're going BPA.

No reaching.

So, it could be anybody.

I can't wait until tonight. We'll get a much clearer picture of who's going to be BPA at #33.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This guy knows his stuff, he’s predicted the last 10 or whatever first rounders.  After Burrow he came out with his prediction for round 2 recently.  It’s Jordyn Brooks LB from Texas Tech.    I mentioned this guy about a week ago after watching his game film.   Plays like Burfict with better speed.   Another run stopper seems to fit what the bengals are heading .  

He also mentioned Baun , Queen if he’s there and OT Wilson. I’m surprised no WR mention but it makes sense.  Brooks reminds me of Burfict / Wagner without the pass coverage skills though.

Good post. There is no reason to reach for WR in the 2nd. It should be LB or T at #2.
Reply/Quote
Watching some of Brooks highlights and if he’s the pick it’s pretty clear the Bengals REALLY don’t want anyone to be able to run on them...

Reply/Quote
If Brooks is the pick at 33 it'd be almost as disappointing as the Drew Sample pick. Now a trade down for him and pick up another 3rd, I could see.

Lapham is usually pretty accurate, but the 33rd pick is really hard to predict.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 12:39 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: If Brooks is the pick at 33 it'd be almost as disappointing as the Drew Sample pick. Now a trade down for him and pick up another 3rd, I could see.

Lapham is usually pretty accurate, but the 33rd pick is really hard to predict.

I disagree with that. It doesn’t get much more disappointing than a blocking TE in the 2nd. Brooks would at least be going around where he was projected. His highlights are impressive, too.

Reply/Quote
NVM I watched some highlights... wouldn't hate the pick but would rather trade back and still be able to draft him.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I don't see it, and I don't really like it, either. Unless Murray or Queen fall, I won't believe that they're taking a linebacker in 2 until I see it. It's a devalued position and one that has a number of prospects that are all fairly similar in value that will likely be available in 3 or 4. I'd be happier with any of Dye, Harrsion, or Gay Jr. in the 4th, and I really think that at least one will be there.

I don't think that this team backed up a Brink's truck in FA on the defensive side so they could turn around and take a blah player at a blah position at 33. IMO the aim is likely to get an offensive weapon or blocker to pair with the new franchise quarterback. They've done it in every single year in which they drafted a QB with a high pick, and I believe they will this year, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I disagree with that. It doesn’t get much more disappointing than a blocking TE in the 2nd. Brooks would at least be going around where he was projected. His highlights are impressive, too.

Yeah, I wouldn't love it but it wouldn't be close to as awful as Sample.  Brooks will play immediately if they take him there, and will likely have some impact.  

Also, we've like, heard of him before today.  He's not some projected 7th round/UDFA that we're blowing a 2nd on.  
Reply/Quote