Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dave Lapham second round selection
If Queen is still there and they don’t take him, I may lose it... but I can’t see Queen falling past the first round.

I would be very happy with Brooks
Reply/Quote
Better not be another Drew Sample situation, taking a one-trick pony two rounds before they need to.
Reply/Quote
2nd, who knows. I've heard from an analyst on TV who spoke to a GM. Can't remember which analyst but he said the GM told him that mock drafts this year are WAY OFF in reference to the media and their draft board
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 06:39 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Queen is still there and they don’t take him, I may lose it... but I can’t see Queen falling past the first round.

I would be very happy with Brooks

I love Queen's upside but with his lack of production I could see why they wouldn't take him if say a can't miss talent is 
there at WR or O-line. I would be happy with Brooks in the mid rounds. If we are going to take a LB early he better be 
able to cover some and be a 3 down LB. Brooks is not this.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 06:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Even with a hand full of 1st rounders still there at 33, my prediction is us taking someone who could have been had in the 4th rd and a few of us ‘fan boys’ back the almighty front office of this disfunctional organization. I’ve seen this play out before.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

We will see, this will be the test in the 2nd after the Sample pick last year.

Taylor has had a full Offseason this year though to study up on these picks unlike last year and the Free Agency is something
we haven't seen around here often. I have said it before in the Draft forum, wouldn't surprise me if we take a 3-4 End like 
Epenesa if he falls out of the 1st.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 04:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Need to update that sig to remove Dennard, may need to update it again in a year to remove WJ3 and/or Lawson.

I thought he should have been off even before he left the team. Last year he was 28 and in his 6th NFL season. Hardly one of the "Young Guns". Carl Lawson has been a big letdown after his rookie season and even WJ3 has regressed and we found out he has zero ball skills.

It's actually kind of a depressing sig now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I still have a feeling that ZT goes WR at the top of Round 2 for the simple reason that the memory of what happened last season when AJ went out and he had to drastically limit the playbook because of the lack of quality WR coupled with atrocious blocking is still with him. I also see us double dipping this draft on OL for the same reason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 06:59 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: 2nd, who knows.  I've heard from an analyst on TV who spoke to a GM.  Can't remember which analyst but he said the GM told him that mock drafts this year are WAY OFF in reference to the media and their draft board

That's usually the case, but you're right probably more the case this year. 

We should all take a deep breath and keep an open mind. There are going to be some surprising first round picks, and some surprising moves on our part. Just be mentally prepared for the Drew-Sample-WTF type of pick at least once this weekend. You look at so many mock drafts your expectations get oriented a certain way, sometimes setting you up for disappointment. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 07:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: I still have a feeling that ZT goes WR at the top of Round 2 for the simple reason that the memory of what happened last season when AJ went out and he had to drastically limit the playbook because of the lack of quality WR coupled with atrocious blocking is still with him. I also see us double dipping this draft on OL for the same reason.

Have the same feeling Joelist. Which is more than fine wth me.

The Offense needs to be upgraded for Burrow so he is comfortable.

I know we need Linebackers but don't reach for one like Lap is saying with Brooks.
Reply/Quote
Lapham is usually correct but I think predicting the #33 pick is different than #10. Certainly someone could fall. Brooks does feel like a reach to me even if no one does. I mean do we really not think he'll be there for our 3rd round, 4th or even 5th round pick? CBS sports ranks him as the 139th best player which would place him late in the 4th round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/linebackers

Reply/Quote
All you experts that had him in round 3 or 4 don’t worry the Seahawks drafted him in round 1.
Reply/Quote
How the hell can we NEVER get a decent LB but every year a good be falls in Balt and Pitts lap. Amazing. Sure glad we are just chillin with no urgency to move up, make a Dalton trade, anything.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 08:58 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Lapham is usually correct but I think predicting the #33 pick is different than #10. Certainly someone could fall. Brooks does feel like a reach to me even if no one does. I mean do we really not think he'll be there for our 3rd round, 4th or even 5th round pick? CBS sports ranks him as the 139th best player which would place him late in the 4th round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/linebackers

Cough cough
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 01:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: This is the best WR class in over a decade.  It's very likely the BPA at 33 is a WR.  It would be hard to reach for a WR.  Most of the 2nd/3rd round WR'S this year would be first rounders in a normal year.

Agreed!! That's why we don't need to reach for a WR that early. There are going to be excellent WRs available in the later rounds. Hence, no need to draft a player from what is arguably the strongest position group n this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:34 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: All you experts that had him in round 3 or 4 don’t worry the Seahawks drafted him in round 1.

Really? Wow, this is why the Draft is such a crapshoot, Brooks sure ain't no Bobby Wagner.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This guy knows his stuff, he’s predicted the last 10 or whatever first rounders.  After Burrow he came out with his prediction for round 2 recently.  It’s Jordyn Brooks LB from Texas Tech.    I mentioned this guy about a week ago after watching his game film.   Plays like Burfict with better speed.   Another run stopper seems to fit what the bengals are heading .  

He also mentioned Baun , Queen if he’s there and OT Wilson. I’m surprised no WR mention but it makes sense.  Brooks reminds me of Burfict / Wagner without the pass coverage skills though.

Based on whats there its gotta be Baun.  I really think we should have moved up in front of Balt to get Queen with the value and the need.  We coulda gave up a 4 to miami or seattle and got that deal done. Brooks going before Queen was shocking to me.  Balt gets another guy with pro bowl potential fall into their laps at a big time need for them.  We need LB's so bad that the pick has to be Baun.  We can try and grab Niang or Charles in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:07 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Based on whats there its gotta be Baun.  I really think we should have moved up in front of Balt to get Queen with the value and the need.  We coulda gave up a 4 to miami or seattle and got that deal done. Brooks going before Queen was shocking to me.  Balt gets another guy with pro bowl potential fall into their laps at a big time need for them.  We need LB's so bad that the pick has to be Baun.  We can try and grab Niang or Charles in the 3rd.

Miami desperately wanted Burrow, they’d probably tell us to kick rocks if we tried to call them.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:07 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Based on whats there its gotta be Baun.  I really think we should have moved up in front of Balt to get Queen with the value and the need.  We coulda gave up a 4 to miami or seattle and got that deal done. Brooks going before Queen was shocking to me.  Balt gets another guy with pro bowl potential fall into their laps at a big time need for them.  We need LB's so bad that the pick has to be Baun.  We can try and grab Niang or Charles in the 3rd.

Queen has great upside but lack of production, I would of taken Baun over Queen. All for Baun who has better production.
Reply/Quote
Baun is there an makes very good sense. But also McKinney and Delpit sitting there? Dang.
Reply/Quote
Gotta go Baun now. Mims is solid , Jones is to much like every other 605 tackle same build like Ogbuehi . I gotta watch more tape of him tonight change my mind Wilson would have been great
Reply/Quote