Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill & Chris Evans
No updates on the Dax's shoulder and Chris's knee. Zac said they both need imaging. Obviously, the concern for Evans is the dreaded ACL tear. Dax was favoring his shoulder. A torn labrum or rotator cuff would be the big concern there

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:14 PM)pally Wrote: No updates on the Dax's shoulder and Chris's knee.  Zac said they both need imaging.  Obviously, the concern for Evans is the dreaded ACL tear.  Dax was favoring his shoulder.  A torn labrum or rotator cuff would be the big concern there

Oh man. I missed both of these injuries. Hopefully not serious. I was looking forward to seeing Dax get worked in with the Awuzie injury.
Reply/Quote
Can't spare any more DB's and hoping Dax is not too seriously injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well if there weren’t so many other injuries, these would be affordable losses. Hilton and Reader coming back would be great and fingers crossed Chase can make it back sometime.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We have a looonnnggg history of 1st Round picks not contributing much year 1.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:14 PM)pally Wrote: No updates on the Dax's shoulder and Chris's knee.  Zac said they both need imaging.  Obviously, the concern for Evans is the dreaded ACL tear.  Dax was favoring his shoulder.  A torn labrum or rotator cuff would be the big concern there

This is rough. Hope these guys come back this season. We will need them, or we just need others to step up once again.

The bright side is Mixon and Jalen Davis and CTB shown they are formidable today.

Next man up is a real thing. If Chris is out for the year, Trayveon seems the more logical guy to play.

I really like Patrick but he is a bruiser. Nothing like Evans.
Reply/Quote
Sidney Jones to Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sidney Jones to Raiders.

He's. Not. Good.

With Lou's track record of getting his guys, I'd have to think if he was a Lou guy, he would've been here.

Just drop it, the guy's awful.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have a looonnnggg history of 1st Round picks not contributing much year 1.

I think Chase was the first 1st rounder to play his whole rookie year in a long time. Bad luck for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sidney Jones to Raiders.

Super bowl for Vegas? The missing piece!
Reply/Quote
If Hilton is going to miss any length of time, there is a former Bengal slot corner that was released earlier in the year due to injury that should be ready to get back on the field in Mackensie Alexander.

As for outside guys, I'd imagine there will be a tryout this week heading into the bye week. There is another Eli Apple like former Giant DB that is available who played for Lou before in Janoris Jenkins. Not sure how I'd feel about that one.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If Dax Hill really is headed to IR that would make Chase the only Bengals first rounder to actually play extensively in their rookie season since Darqueze Dennard in 2014. 7 out of the last 8 missed either most or all of their rookie seasons.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: If Dax Hill really is headed to IR that would make Chase the only Bengals first rounder to actually play extensively in their rookie season since Darqueze Dennard in 2014. 7 out of the last 8 missed either most or all of their rookie seasons.

while Dennard played in most of the games it was only a couple of snaps each game.  I wouldn't categorize his play as "extensive" compared to a normal 1st rounder though I suppose his 40 snaps is extensive in the Bengals sense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: If Dax Hill really is headed to IR that would make Chase the only Bengals first rounder to actually play extensively in their rookie season since Darqueze Dennard in 2014. 7 out of the last 8 missed either most or all of their rookie seasons.

What is your definition for "extensively"? If it is "missing most or all" then Burrow doesn't qualify for that. He made it to week 11 before getting injured. 
Reply/Quote
Does anybody know if there is any news on Readers progress, and is there a chance to get him back after he Bye week ?

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:22 AM)pally Wrote: while Dennard played in most of the games it was only a couple of snaps each game.  I wouldn't categorize his play as "extensive" compared to a normal 1st rounder though I suppose his 40 snaps is extensive in the Bengals sense

Yup, I think it's Tyler Eifert in 2013. Funny because that's not a name you'd really attach durability to.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 02:27 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Hilton is going to miss any length of time, there is a former Bengal slot corner that was released earlier in the year due to injury that should be ready to get back on the field in Mackensie Alexander.

As for outside guys, I'd imagine there will be a tryout this week heading into the bye week. There is another Eli Apple like former Giant DB that is available who played for Lou before in Janoris Jenkins. Not sure how I'd feel about that one.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mike-Hilton-is-out-Sunday?pid=1275452#pid1275452

Vindication is great Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 11:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Does anybody know if there is any news on Readers progress, and is there a chance to get him back after he Bye week ?

They are making it sounds like he will be back for the Steelers game. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They are making it sounds like he will be back for the Steelers game. 

Hope so, he is a beast that the Bengals certainly could use for the stretch run. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Damn shame
-Housh
Reply/Quote