Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill moving to CB
per Zac in his post-draft press conference

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Did we really use our first round pick in 2022 on a slot cb?

CTB is a lock one side and as badly as Turner fell off a cliff the second half of the season he started well.

You’d think with the experience of Stone and Vonn coming in the communication is going to be a lot better this season.

The kid is obviously talented but has been so badly managed.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:09 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Did we really use our first round pick in 2022 on a slot cb?

CTB is a lock one side and as badly as Turner fell off a cliff the second half of the season he started well.

You’d think with the experience of Stone and Vonn coming in the communication is going to be a lot better this season.

Between Hill, Turner and Ivey, one of them will show up
Reply/Quote
Called it in the starting 5 dB thread
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:09 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Did we really use our first round pick in 2022 on a slot cb?

You nailed it. 

The pick is kind of a bust at this point. We've wasted two years of his rookie deal and if he ends up as a third or slot corner then that wasn't worth a first round pick. 

We really need to start hitting on some of these draft picks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
A good slot corner is absolutely worth pick 31. Mike Hilton has been invaluable during both our playoff runs, and if Dax becomes his successor I don’t see how that’s anything close to a “bust.”

Plus, like Zac said, he’s going to compete for an outside spot. Some competition between him and Turner is a good thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
spending a 1st on a slot corner isnt a problem. its switching his position after 2 years(stunting his development)

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I want to resign Mike Hilton another 2-3 years so i don’t want him in the slot

He battles for the starting spot with DJ Turner and honestly I’d be disappointed in DJ if Dax beat him out. Dax is likely CB4 and drafting CB4 in the 1st round is an Ian sell bad pick

Heck drafting slot CB in round 1 is a bad pick

We’ve fumbled this mans career progression to such an extent I’d rather package him with Tee for a trade
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:35 PM)Housh Wrote: I want to resign Mike Hilton another 2-3 years so i don’t want him in the slot

He battles for the starting spot with DJ Turner and honestly I’d be disappointed in DJ if Dax beat him out. Dax is likely CB4 and drafting CB4 in the 1st round is an Ian sell bad pick

We’ve fumbled this mans career progression to such an extent I’d rather package him with Tee for a trade
Where did you see anything about slot corner?
When did you see him play boundry in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:35 PM)Housh Wrote: I want to resign Mike Hilton another 2-3 years so i don’t want him in the slot

Absolutely no chance they re-sign 30 year old Mike Hilton to a multi year deal.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A good slot corner is absolutely worth pick 31. Mike Hilton has been invaluable during both our playoff runs, and if Dax becomes his successor I don’t see how that’s anything close to a “bust.”

Plus, like Zac said, he’s going to compete for an outside spot. Some competition between him and Turner is a good thing.

Yeah I think people throw around the word "bust" way too much. Just because they're not an all-pro doesn't mean they're a bust, even if they're a first rounder. People like Billy Price, John Ross, and Ogbuehi are busts.
Reply/Quote
If Dax Hill is the backup slot corner going into year 3 of his rookie deal that is very much in line as a "Bust".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:44 PM)Synric Wrote: If Dax Hill is the backup slot corner going into year 3 of his rookie deal that is very much in line as a "Bust".

Right. He may not start at slot until the final year of his rookie deal. Not getting production from a first round pick until year 4-5 is pretty bad.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:44 PM)Synric Wrote: If Dax Hill is the backup slot corner going into year 3 of his rookie deal that is very much in line as a "Bust".

What if he starts on the outside which zac said is possible. Or starts half the year due to injury 

He likely should have been identified as a corner from day 1
Reply/Quote
I’m not even a Dax guy, but the bust talk is crazy to me. They’ve done this kid no favors in his development so far. And at 23 years old he still has plenty of time to turn into a decent pro.

Reply/Quote
CTB, Dax, and Turner sounds like a studdly CB trio
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone bringing up slot?

Coaches haven’t said once he’s an option there
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not even a Dax guy, but the bust talk is crazy to me. They’ve done this kid no favors in his development so far. And at 23 years old he still has plenty of time to turn into a decent pro.

I agree the organization has dicked him around a bit, but he couldn't cut it at safety...so that's kind of on him. 

I hope it pans out for him at CB, I really do...but it's going to be an uphill battle for him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not even a Dax guy, but the bust talk is crazy to me. They’ve done this kid no favors in his development so far. And at 23 years old he still has plenty of time to turn into a decent pro.

Bro in the NFL you are who you are going to be around 25.

He’s not really got much time

This shit we’re doing to him could hurt his earning potential on his next deal

We could’ve essentially ruined his career moving him to CB this late. Especially after showing promise at safety

He now has to show promise at another position fight for snaps with a 2nd round pick whose only played corner and even if he does good teams will still say “well hey you played better at safety so we’re gonna offer you safety money

The only way this works out for him is if he wins the job AND performs better than he did at Safety

We screwed this kid HARD
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree the organization has dicked him around a bit, but he couldn't cut it at safety...so that's kind of on him. 

I hope it pans out for him at CB, I really do...but it's going to be an uphill battle for him. 

He had 100 tackles the first year he started safety

That’s cutting it to me.

To me he played well but not well enough to keep him at safety
-Housh
Reply/Quote