Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax Hill vs Tre Flowers
Why should Tre be in when Dax is Available?
Reply/Quote
One is a CB. One is a Safety.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One is a CB. One is a Safety.

Correct but the rumor is Hill is going to CB? Yes or No? Were you aware of this?
Reply/Quote

Well Flowers actually was a safety in college, so one could argue he might be a better fit at S than CB.
He can cover well enough to play occasional CB, but he's not a lockdown CB.

I think Hill can cover about as well as Flowers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

The predraft scouting report said Dax is a hybrid and could play slot corner (Nickle) or safety.  I say move Hilton out to wide CB and Dax to the Slot CB.  I think if Apple isn't 100% we sit him until Pittsburgh.  Carolina doesn't worry me, but another divisional loss does.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well Flowers actually was a safety in college, so one could argue he might be a better fit at S than CB.
He can cover well enough to play occasional CB, but he's not a lockdown CB.

I think Hill can cover about as well as Flowers.

Nice, I feel Flowers is a bit slow for a CB but perhaps could play Safety like George Arinze Iloka perhaps great points! 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:53 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The predraft scouting report said Dax is a hybrid and could play slot corner (Nickle) or safety.  I say move Hilton out to wide CB and Dax to the Slot CB.  I think if Apple isn't 100% we sit him until Pittsburgh.  Carolina doesn't worry me, but another divisional loss does.

Dax is most certainly a hybrid and could play slot easily IMO.  Would be nice to get him in and see what happens....  
Reply/Quote
The discussion may be a moot point if Flowers can't play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Correct but the rumor is Hill is going to CB? Yes or No? Were you aware of this?

Around the draft I heard that. I think he's here to replace Bates though.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 05:53 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The predraft scouting report said Dax is a hybrid and could play slot corner (Nickle) or safety.  I say move Hilton out to wide CB and Dax to the Slot CB.  I think if Apple isn't 100% we sit him until Pittsburgh.  Carolina doesn't worry me, but another divisional loss does.

I saw completion percentages against Apple and Hilton...not good. Awuzie is by far our best CB.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Around the draft I heard that. I think he's here to replace Bates though.

I say this is correct since Bates was holding out there are articles out now they may try Hill at CB..  thanks for the reply
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw completion percentages against Apple and Hilton...not good. Awuzie is by far our best CB.

Well yeah, Awuzie is one of the best in the entire league. He's probably the biggest loss we're going to have. He allows Lou a lot of options. He covers well ...damn near shutdown level....and he is stout against the run. That allows you to move safeties to help the other CBs, bring one up, move backers all over the place, etc. This is as big or bigger than losing Ja'Marr a few games.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Around the draft I heard that. I think he's here to replace Bates though.

No doubt that's the plan but looks like he might be forced to play some corner this year out of necessity 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw completion percentages against Apple and Hilton...not good. Awuzie is by far our best CB.

Awuzie WAS our best CB, now Apple is.

Speaking of completion % I think I read CTB was targeted 4 times Monday Night and gave up 4 completions. 

Maybe we can "Wally Pip" Allan George
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Awuzie WAS our best CB, now Apple is.

Speaking of completion % I think I read CTB was targeted 4 times Monday Night and gave up 4 completions. 

Maybe we can "Wally Pip" Allan George

Correct on CTB. After Awuzie, it's not pretty.

Hill got burned by Cooper too.
Reply/Quote
Neither one is a boundary corner so it's a bit of a moot point for me. Heck, we only have two outside corners on the team now, one of them fighting through a hammy. I wonder if we'll start seeing more of the three-safety looks we were promised at the draft.
Reply/Quote
The threads on this board are so exhausting at times
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Correct on CTB. After Awuzie, it's not pretty.

Hill got burned by Cooper too.

Sure looked like that was Bell's fault rather than Hill. Looked like Hill had underneath and Bell was supposed to be deep, but got ran past.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure looked like that was Bell's fault rather than Hill. Looked like Hill had underneath and Bell was supposed to be deep, but got ran past.

Definitely looked to be on Bell. 

Cooper is no slouch though, but Bell cheated toward the run and got caught imo

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure looked like that was Bell's fault rather than Hill. Looked like Hill had underneath and Bell was supposed to be deep, but got ran past.

Hill was playing with his mouth piece though and wasn't into his stance at the snap and he looked surprised off the line which didn't help.
Reply/Quote