Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas
(10-02-2017, 11:58 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I just found out a few minutes ago. Grieving for all the victims and their loved ones and families. I honestly don't know what can possess someone to commit pure evil such as this on people celebrating and having an honest good time, other than evil itself. May all of them rip

And I personally believe incidents like this are acts of cowardice. 

If there is some severe mental illness involved I'll have a little more understanding.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-02-2017, 11:58 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I just found out a few minutes ago. Grieving for all the victims and their loved ones and families. I honestly don't know what can possess someone to commit pure evil such as this on people celebrating and having an honest good time, other than evil itself. May all of them rip

Not to sound like I'm excusing anything, but I think it's more of a massive disconnection from reality rather than outright evil.  The only way to do something this wrong is to legitimately believe what you are doing isn't wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-02-2017, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to sound like I'm excusing anything, but I think it's more of a massive disconnection from reality rather than outright evil.  

damn that grand theft auto vidya game
People suck
(10-02-2017, 12:09 PM)Griever Wrote: damn that grand theft auto vidya game

I meant more along the lines of how the key aspect of profit in many sectors of our society involves manipulating or deluding people into thinking something that goes against the grain of reality.
(10-02-2017, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not here necessarily, but at some point today we will find out what the person's politics/religion were, and that will be that.

The concept of not talking about something is as politicizing as over-talking it.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-02-2017, 12:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The concept of not talking about something is as politicizing as over-talking it.

It's impossible to not politicize mass shootings because not talking about it becomes a tacit defense of our county's ability to put very deadly weapons in the hands of people who are evil/crazy/etc.

It is political at its very core.  
It blows my mind that there are people who set out with the objective of killing as many innocent people as possible. What brings someone to try to kill so many people having fun at a country music show?

Nowhere is safe from insane men with ****** up agendas...music venues, movie theaters, night clubs, ******' elementary schools....

We need help.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-02-2017, 12:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It blows my mind that there are people who set out with the objective of killing as many innocent people as possible. What brings someone to try to kill so many people having fun at a country music show?

Nowhere is safe from insane men with ***** up agendas...music venues, movie theaters, night clubs, ******' elementary schools....

We need help.

That's my question too.  What brings someone to this point?  This was obviously planned out ahead of time. 

I don't want to go anywhere anymore.  Movie theater, church, school, night clubs, now Vegas.  Its only a matter of time before this happens at an open stadium like a football game, college or pro.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-02-2017, 12:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The concept of not talking about something is as politicizing as over-talking it.

You made that up. Tongue    It's how it's talked about.  There won't be an honest attempt to solve anything, everyone is just waiting to see who can blame whom. Somewhere there will be a 5 minute truce to discuss mental illness, (which truce will be broken when the blame for mental illness will be tossed about) and then it will return back to full scale attack/defend mode.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-02-2017, 01:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't want to go anywhere anymore.  Movie theater, church, school, night clubs, now Vegas.  

...and that is terrorism in effect. People afraid to leave their homes because evil men want to take their lives.

Not saying you're wrong for feeling that way, but it's messed up that we've gotten to that point in this country.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-02-2017, 09:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I hope that, regardless of the shooter's motive, we can have at least a day or two to mourn these poor people with out politicizing this horrific event.

Some of the first comments I heard on this were about the type of firearm involved.
(10-02-2017, 01:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Some of the first comments I heard on this were about the type of firearm involved.

So what type of fire arms did he have? My buddy and I were just talking about that. He was in the Army and he said after watching some of the videos out there that it sounds like a 50 cal to him. I don't know??? I just know he had long bursts of gunfire. Over 30 rounds per burst. How do you get those kinds of guns? And how did he get them and all that ammo up to his room?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-02-2017, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So what type of fire arms did he have? My buddy and I were just talking about that. He was in the Army and he said after watching some of the videos out there that it sounds like a 50 cal to him. I don't know??? I just know he had long bursts of gunfire. Over 30 rounds per burst. How do you get those kinds of guns? And how did he get them and all that ammo up to his room?

I haven't seen anything about specifics, but several people were saying it was a full-automatic weapon, which would make it an NFA issue. Then they were discussing (in a poor way) the NFA process and whatnot, and how if it was a legal NFA weapon it would be an anomaly.
(10-02-2017, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So what type of fire arms did he have?  My buddy and I were just talking about that.  He was in the Army and he said after watching some of the videos out there that it sounds like a 50 cal to him.  I don't know???  I just know he had long bursts of gunfire.  Over 30 rounds per burst. How do you get those kinds of guns?  And how did he get them and all that ammo up to his room?

If early reports are true, he had automatic weapons. 
Which if that is the case, they were likely homemade automatics as the sale/ownership of automatic weapons post 1986 is highly illegal and guns pre 1986 are heavily monitored and regulated. 
The guy stock piled weapons and picked off people like sitting targets from a hotel window. The amount of planning involved was sick.
(10-02-2017, 02:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I haven't seen anything about specifics, but several people were saying it was a full-automatic weapon, which would make it an NFA issue. Then they were discussing (in a poor way) the NFA process and whatnot, and how if it was a legal NFA weapon it would be an anomaly.

(10-02-2017, 02:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If early reports are true, he had automatic weapons. 
Which if that is the case, they were likely homemade automatics as the sale/ownership of automatic weapons post 1986 is highly illegal and guns pre 1986 are heavily monitored and regulated. 

From what I've been hearing this guy was fairly wealthy, he could have absolutely owned an NFA exempt automatic weapon.  It doesn't happen often, but they do come up for sale.  I saw an MP5 on gun broker go for close to $20,000, it may have been more when bidding closed.  For serious firearms collectors an NFA exempt automatic weapon is a Holy Grail type purchase.  If I'm correct, I don't think an NFA exempt automatic firearm has been used in a crime to date.

One really has to wonder about this guy, this whole thing required a lot of planning.  Sick doesn't even begin to describe it.
(10-02-2017, 02:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The guy stock piled weapons and  picked off people like sitting targets from  a hotel window. The amount of planning involved was sick.

Really doesnt take that much. Buy guns buy ammo. Get hotel room on day of concert. 
(10-02-2017, 02:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Really doesnt take that much. Buy guns buy ammo. Get hotel room on day of concert. 

The guns that are being described aren't run of the mill. As SSF explained, you're possibly talking a single gun costing tens of thousands that you have to seek the right seller for. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-02-2017, 02:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I haven't seen anything about specifics, but several people were saying it was a full-automatic weapon, which would make it an NFA issue. Then they were discussing (in a poor way) the NFA process and whatnot, and how if it was a legal NFA weapon it would be an anomaly.

(10-02-2017, 02:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If early reports are true, he had automatic weapons. 

You can tell from the sound on the video clips. It was full automatic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41466116?SThisFB

The sound isn't great, so I can't really tell what type of firearm. My guess would be one or more semi-automatic which he bought kits for and adapted to full auto. I'm told that they are not too hard to get.
(10-02-2017, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So what type of fire arms did he have?  My buddy and I were just talking about that.  He was in the Army and he said after watching some of the videos out there that it sounds like a 50 cal to him.  I don't know???  I just know he had long bursts of gunfire.  Over 30 rounds per burst. How do you get those kinds of guns?  And how did he get them and all that ammo up to his room?

Probably not a .50 cal. By the pauses, he was using something with a magazine and was either switching mags or switching weapons. Weapons like a .50 cal or an M-60 are belt-fed and you don't have to take long pauses.