Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deangelo Williams
(01-05-2016, 08:57 AM)Carp Wrote: Toussaint (sp) would be up next. Probably with some help from another guy by the name Jordan Todman. 

Thanks for the names Carp. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:17 PM)Earendil Wrote: I hope we don't sink to their level.

Yeah cuz their not going to go for a cheap shot at eiferts head ??  1st shot they get , they will gladly take a 15 yard late hit penalty to get him out of the game .. 
Reply/Quote
Williams ruled out per Ian Rappaport. While SLIGHTLY concerned at the prospect of an unknown rb going off for 150 yds against us, I'm really more interested in the repercussions of pass rush blocking by either of the back up rbs. Hopefully this will increase the effect of our pressure we can get on Ben
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:13 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Williams ruled out per Ian Rappaport.  While SLIGHTLY concerned at the prospect of an unknown rb going off for 150 yds against us, I'm really more interested in the repercussions of pass rush blocking by either of the back up rbs.  Hopefully this will increase the effect of our pressure we can get on Ben

I'm not surprised Williams will be out. It would be ill advised by the Steelers to send out Williams too early just to beat the Bengals with the risk of him getting really hurt and being out the rest of the playoffs.

With Williams out though, I wonder if we see a bigger pass rush focus...maybe seeing DeShawn Williams and/or Marcus Hardison active?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So the French guy is poised for a break out game?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 11:34 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So the French guy is poised for a break out game?

[Image: tumblr_m11ljiwkVa1qcvkpto6_250.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:08 PM)kevin Wrote: Certainly the way Steelers can throw the ball, it would help if their top 2 RB's can't play Saturday.  Bengals will have their hands full covering the passing game. Hopefully Steelers won't have much of a running game.

Their RBs also have to pass protect when you send four receivers in a pattern, advantage Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 08:24 AM)Whacked Wrote: Yeah, b/c the STOOLERS really lost a beat when Bell went down. lol

It doesn't matter who that O puts in, they excel.

Williams being in/out will have very little impact on the game.

They truly live the next man up mantra

Pricks. Yes, I'm jealous.

Only 2 people can go down that help us - Brown and FATJen

They will have faced 7 consecutive back up QBs...they have been able to air it out against depleted secondaries (including ours in the second game), but it makes them one dimensional.  If they had a healthy Bell, who has excellent ball security, with the weather forecast it would be a huge advantage to them.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 09:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Which makes me think....what if karma is finally on our side.  What if Pig Pen goes down on the first play of the game?  The irony of all ironies......

What is even more ironic is to look at what the two teams have become since then:

2005 Bengals-  High-flying passing attack, suspect defense
2005 steelers- Balanced, grinding offense, great defense

The 2015 Bengals are the 2005 steelers and vice versa.  We can only hope this Bengals team fares as well as that 2005 steeler team.

And, FWIW, I want Pig Ben up the entire game, with about 5 INTs....close to the number of chins under his fat head.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is even more ironic is to look at what the two teams have become since then:

2005 Bengals-  High-flying passing attack, suspect defense
2005 steelers- Balanced, grinding offense, great defense

The 2015 Bengals are the 2005 steelers and vice versa.  We can only hope this Bengals team fares as well as that 2005 steeler team.

And, FWIW, I want Pig Ben up the entire game, with about 5 INTs....close to the number of chins under his fat head.  

There are similarities. But the Bengals 05 defense had over 31 interceptions and 13 forced fumbles, 6 recovered. Those are some pretty great numbers.

Also, the Bengals offense is MUCH better than the Steelers in 05. The difference is QB play right now. With McCarron in we obviously have had to change some things, so in that sense they are similar.

But I take the 15 Bengals over the 05 Steelers. With a healthy Dalton.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
They're down to their third string RB, and the weather is supposed to be nasty.

Could prove helpful. Now we just need our line to get pressure on Ben Roethlisboar.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Potentially big news with Williams out.

Reply/Quote
Aren't we typically pretty bad against no name/backup/noobie runners the past few years? No stats to back that up, just a sense.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They're down to their third string RB, and the weather is supposed to be nasty.

Could prove helpful.  Now we just need our line to get pressure on Ben Roethlisboar.

I don't see that being a problem at all. They've sacked Ben 5 times this season with an additional 10 QB hits.

Michael Johnson always seems to do well against the Steelers (2 sacks, 2 TFLs, and 4 QB hits)

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Aren't we typically pretty bad against no name/backup/noobie runners the past few years? No stats to back that up, just a sense.

Yes.  We always seem to let the noobies fleece us.  Whether it's a RB or a QB we tend to make them look better than they are.  Maddening.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Aren't we typically pretty bad against no name/backup/noobie runners the past few years? No stats to back that up, just a sense.

It's sometimes iffy.

We did great against Manziel when he played.

Not so much against Rawls.

Reply/Quote
I think the biggest advantage to having Williams out is that we can play Hawk less. He's the better run defender, but a total liability in the pass. I'm hoping we can slide Vinnie Rey into the strong side spot (or get creative with Shawn Williams sliding down into a coverage linebacker position), and keep Hawk off the field... If our defense can limit their running game without total run stopping personnel, we can be better prepared to matchup with their tight ends in passing situations.
Reply/Quote
With Williams out, that can only be good news. No other way to spin it.
Reply/Quote
Now that Williams is out, if the Bengals win the game all the Stooler fans will claim that is why they lost. Another excuse. Notice we will not use Dalton as an excuse.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This is huge for our defense. Williams is a complete back and this may put more pressure on Ben. Our DL needs to go off and hit him every play.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote