Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Mike Tomlin, we're sorry.....
(01-20-2016, 02:55 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And from everything they said on talk shows prior to the game, even doped up an AC sprain is no joke. So please doctor - what could they have possibly given him that's good enough to numb him beyond wincing and constant ice packs that doesn't also knock him stupid?

Actually everything they indicated was it was dependent upon whether there was muscle damage as to whether the injections would work well enough or not.  Never once did they indicate that Ben had muscle damage.  They indicated that he had a slightly separated shoulder and some ligament damage.

None of this even remotely backs up your claim however so...continue it's fun to watch.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:20 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Actually everything they indicated was it was dependent upon whether there was muscle damage as to whether the injections would work well enough or not.  Never once did they indicate that Ben had muscle damage.  They indicated that he had a slightly separated shoulder and some ligament damage.

None of this even remotely backs up your claim however so...continue it's fun to watch.

So we listen to different shows. Good counter argument.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how risking his career over one game doesn't back up that they were over selling the extent of his injuries.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Ben missed the end of the Bengals game until the last drive and sat and watched while his back-up threw what should have been a game losing interception with under two minutes on the clock. He wasn't really injured though. The whole thing was a carefully planned conspiracy and Ben knew all along he would come back for a final drive after an interception should have let the bengals run down the clock and get at least 3 more points.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've dislocated both shoulders at different points in my life. I once tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder, and currently have damage in the left cuff, along with some damage to the labrum, and it hurts to do simple tasks.....let alone throw a football. I also would add in that "migraine" in Seattle. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting theory, 6andcounting. I'm sure your buddies will be around to put you on blast since that's what they seem to think I'm saying despite that I've typed out twice - in easy to read black font on white background in English - that I don't doubt he was hurt in Cincinnati.

Do power lines hum when you live directly underneath them? I'm looking at some properties and it's come up.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 04:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Interesting theory, 6andcounting. I'm sure your buddies will be around to put you on blast since that's what they seem to think I'm saying despite that I've typed out twice - in easy to read black font on white background in English - that I don't doubt he was hurt in Cincinnati.

Do power lines hum when you live directly underneath them? I'm looking at some properties and it's come up.

I wasn't responding directly to anything you said, hence why I didn't quote anything you said. Difficult stuff to follow, I know.

EDIT: I actually don't know what you've said because I haven't read any of it. I probably won't. My comment had nothing to do with you.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 04:25 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So we listen to different shows. Good counter argument.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how risking his career over one game doesn't back up that they were over selling the extent of his injuries.
Who was they?  We were talking about your assertion that Ben used this to sell the idea of him being a tough guy.  We are discussing a player that is coming to the end of his career and you believe it would be out of the question for him to play hurt do to your perceived notion of the possibility of a career ending injury during the next game.  I don't think he nor the organization ever indicated that the injury was of that caliber.

All day on multiple channels they (they being the media and the doctors they interviewed) discussed first the fact that Ben had a small shoulder separation that included ligament damage.  All of the doctors interview indicated that the pain from the separated shoulder as well as the ligament damage could be numbed by injection , however if there was muscular damage they could not numb that as he would no longer be able feel his shoulder and it would impair his ability to throw.

I don't know what to tell you about watching "different" shows.  This was discussed ad nauseum on Sunday, as was his inability to practice all week.   Why would he stay out of practice the entire week except to do some throwing drill for Tomlin prior to a playoff game?

Talk about counter arguments.  You literally have provided nothing but your opinion based on your own speculation to support your assertion.  You have burden my friend, not I.  I challenge your ridiculous assertion.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've dislocated both shoulders at different points in my life.  I once tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder, and currently have damage in the left cuff, along with some damage to the labrum, and it hurts to do simple tasks.....let alone throw a football.  I also would add in that "migraine" in Seattle. Smirk

Dislocation and separation are vastly different injuries.  

https://www.oaph.com/patient-resources/education/dislocation-vs-separation

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 04:46 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I wasn't responding directly to anything you said, hence why I didn't quote anything you said. Difficult stuff to follow, I know.

EDIT: I actually don't know what you've said because I haven't read any of it. I probably won't. My comment had nothing to do with you.

Oh I'm sorry - I thought we were here to talk smack to each other.

I must have misread the header.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:04 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Dislocation and separation are vastly different injuries.  

https://www.oaph.com/patient-resources/education/dislocation-vs-separation

Yeah.....but ligaments..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Who was they?  We were talking about your assertion that Ben used this to sell the idea of him being a tough guy.  We are discussing a player that is coming to the end of his career and you believe it would be out of the question for him to play hurt do to your perceived notion of the possibility of a career ending injury during the next game.  I don't think he nor the organization ever indicated that the injury was of that caliber.

All day on multiple channels they (they being the media and the doctors they interviewed) discussed first the fact that Ben had a small shoulder separation that included ligament damage.  All of the doctors interview indicated that the pain from the separated shoulder as well as the ligament damage could be numbed by injection , however if there was muscular damage they could not numb that as he would no longer be able feel his shoulder and it would impair his ability to throw.

I don't know what to tell you about watching "different" shows.  This was discussed ad nauseum on Sunday, as was his inability to practice all week.   Why would he stay out of practice the entire week except to do some throwing drill for Tomlin prior to a playoff game?

Talk about counter arguments.  You literally have provided nothing but your opinion based on your own speculation to support your assertion.  You have burden my friend, not I.  I challenge your ridiculous assertion.

Due  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Who was they?  We were talking about your assertion that Ben used this to sell the idea of him being a tough guy.  We are discussing a player that is coming to the end of his career and you believe it would be out of the question for him to play hurt do to your perceived notion of the possibility of a career ending injury during the next game.  I don't think he nor the organization ever indicated that the injury was of that caliber.

Same thing Ben tells his accusers...

Until he gag/settles with them out of court...  
Reply/Quote

They being the coaching staff that puts out the injury report.

Do you really need everything I say broken down to the simplest form possible? For ****'s sake I don't have the patience to do all that.

I never said the original injury was career threatening - but to risk worsening a shoulder injury in a QB's throwing arm has the potential to be career threatening and you don't need to be a doctor to know that. It's why I've challenged that he was so hurt that he needed carted off the field only to come back in the same game he had already been injured in. If it were so bad he was required to be carted away, it was irresponsible of the coaches, trainers, and Ben himself to let him back out there. IF THE INJURY WAS THAT BAD. Which it clearly wasn't since HE WENT BACK OUT ON THE FIELD.

That being said - for what feels like the 1000th time - I do not doubt he was hurt in Cincinnati. I don't doubt he was hurt all last week. I don't doubt he was hurt Sunday. I don't doubt he's hurting right now. What I doubt is the severity of the injury and that's literally all I've been saying.

And I don't watch sports shows - I refuse to pay for cable and the local news is all Lions and Browns. I said listen; as in I listen to a radio show on my way home from work on a local station since my work truck doesn't have satellite radio. If they have the wrong info, so be it. It's not surprising given it's a shit station that can barely broadcast in HD (and often times doesn't).

I also didn't get to watch pregame shows or hear the broadcast - I was travelling to and spending time with my father and the TV was on as a courtesy; it was also muted.

All I know is what I perceive. I had heard playing with an AC joint sprain was akin to torture. I saw Ben throwing the ball with no side effects. Er go - I perceive that the injury was either over inflated or a flat out lie.

I don't care which at this point.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They being the coaching staff that puts out the injury report.

Do you really need everything I say broken down to the simplest form possible? For ****'s sake I don't have the patience to do all that.

I never said the original injury was career threatening - but to risk worsening a shoulder injury in a QB's throwing arm has the potential to be career threatening and you don't need to be a doctor to know that. It's why I've challenged that he was so hurt that he needed carted off the field only to come back in the same game he had already been injured in. If it were so bad he was required to be carted away, it was irresponsible of the coaches, trainers, and Ben himself to let him back out there. IF THE INJURY WAS THAT BAD. Which it clearly wasn't since HE WENT BACK OUT ON THE FIELD.

That being said - for what feels like the 1000th time - I do not doubt he was hurt in Cincinnati. I don't doubt he was hurt all last week. I don't doubt he was hurt Sunday. I don't doubt he's hurting right now. What I doubt is the severity of the injury and that's literally all I've been saying.

And I don't watch sports shows - I refuse to pay for cable and the local news is all Lions and Browns. I said listen; as in I listen to a radio show on my way home from work on a local station since my work truck doesn't have satellite radio. If they have the wrong info, so be it. It's not surprising given it's a shit station that can barely broadcast in HD (and often times doesn't).

I also didn't get to watch pregame shows or hear the broadcast - I was travelling to and spending time with my father and the TV was on as a courtesy; it was also muted.

All I know is what I perceive. I had heard playing with an AC joint sprain was akin to torture. I saw Ben throwing the ball with no side effects. Er go - I perceive that the injury was either over inflated or a flat out lie.

I don't care which at this point.

Oh FFS....He was diagnosed from the beginning with a separated shoulder which he still currently is dealing with.  I'm not sure what you think he was diagnosed with.  The steelers never indicated it was worse than that.  For someone with such limited availability to information you sure seem to feel like you got a firm grasp of what was going on... ThumbsUp   It also is vast enough for you to make some pretty wild assertions.  

At this point you should probably just quit your bullshit.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....but ligaments..... Mellow

Ligaments can be damaged yet they can be numbed without causing the shoulder to be numb and useless.  The bigger issue is if there is damaged muscles.  you can't numb that and still throw the ball.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:50 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Same thing Ben tells his accusers...

Until he gag/settles with them out of court...  

Hey Luvnut...how you doing?

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 06:07 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Oh FFS....He was diagnosed from the beginning with a separated shoulder which he still currently is dealing with.  I'm not sure what you think he was diagnosed with.  The steelers never indicated it was worse than that.  For someone with such limited availability to information you sure seem to feel like you got a firm grasp of what was going on... ThumbsUp   It also is vast enough for you to make some pretty wild assertions.  

At this point you should probably just quit your bullshit.

You're arguing with me after I already said my show is shaky at best. Do you want me to stop and say 'oh you're right I'm wrong'? Because it's not gonna happen.

I honestly don't care about the Great Rape Ape's shoulder. You're not gonna change my mind that he, and that entire shady franchise, lied about the severity of the injury. 

I hope he's healthy for next year so we can see him stub his toe and get carted off like the prima donna ***** that he is.

**** outta here with your dumb ass.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 04:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've dislocated both shoulders at different points in my life.  I once tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder, and currently have damage in the left cuff, along with some damage to the labrum, and it hurts to do simple tasks.....let alone throw a football.  I also would add in that "migraine" in Seattle. Smirk

Big difference between separation and dislocation. I had an AC Joint separation over 20 years ago and Im fine. No problems at all. 

I had a grade 2, worse than Ben's grade 1. 

As far as torn ligaments, well that actually is part of a shoulder separation. 

Maybe this will help.....

http://thesteadmanclinic.com/shoulder_acseperation/overview.asp
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
Also AC joint separations are not career threatening. They just take time to heal.
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
OH LOOK AT THAT!! Big Ben, who had torn ligaments (which don't heal without surgery), doesn't need surgery!

Get the **** out of here. It's almost as if they overstated his injury.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote