Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense has me hyped !
(08-15-2021, 02:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, we didn't even get to see Larry Ogunjobi yet. Just wait till he's at 3T. Ends are gonna eat.

I am excited! Damn!Yes
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am excited! Damn!Yes

Yeah, people can complain about Lou all they want, but he has this year's defense fired up, buying in, and playing with their hair on fire all down the roster.
Reply/Quote
I think our D is going to be really good. While everyone was panicking hearing our O was losing to our D...I was thinking wow the D is shutting down that offense? Bodes well for the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, people can complain about Lou all they want, but he has this year's defense fired up, buying in, and playing with their hair on fire all down the roster.

Think Logan Wilson will also be watching tape of that one miss he made. Logan I think will become our leader on D.

Pratt looked great in the limited time I watched him. Same with Bailey. Golden looks to be doing well with the young LB's.

Always thought the Secondary under Lou would be good but with good play in the front 7 they could be great.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think Logan Wilson will also be watching tape of that one miss he made. Logan I think will become our leader on D.

Pratt looked great in the limited time I watched him. Same with Bailey. Golden looks to be doing well with the young LB's.

Always thought the Secondary under Lou would be good but with good play in the front 7 they could be great.

Glad to see you shouting out the young LBs, but don't forget ADG, he had a few good plays last night too!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think Logan Wilson will also be watching tape of that one miss he made. Logan I think will become our leader on D.

It just feels to me like we have the exact starting secondary we want and need, they play well together, hold each other accountable, and compete with each other. The secondary has set the tone, and I think it started with Bell's hit on JJS.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:58 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Glad to see you shouting out the young LBs, but don't forget ADG, he had a few good plays last night too!

Yes, sorry I left out ADG, saw him on a few of them plays. Cool

(08-15-2021, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It just feels to me like we have the exact starting secondary we want and need, they play well together, hold each other accountable, and compete with each other. The secondary has set the tone, and I think it started with Bell's hit on JJS.

Want Henderson to make the team after last night. Love how he played. We all know Wilson will make it.

These cuts will be the toughest I have seen. Agree, that Vonn Bell hit was huge for all of us and made a major statement.

We ain't takin' no more shit! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 12:04 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I remember saying this a few months ago and inciting hostility for simply saying that it’s hard to determine that Lou sucks, because of the personnel he’s had to work with, and that they wouldn’t make any DC look good.  Props to u for having an objective opinion.   He might ultimately turn out to be unqualified, but evaluating his tenure up to this point is like timing Tyreek Hill’s 40 time in snow boots.   The most promising thing I noticed from him was his adjustments against Lamar Jackson in the October meeting vs the Ravens.  He used a mix of coverages , similar to what Dan Pees did against him in the Titan’s playoff win the year prior.  It at least gave me some hope in terms of his ability to scheme and adjust.  I’m not sure yet about Lou or Zac, but this is the season where I feel we can get a proper evaluation of them based on the personnel and going in to the pivotal 3rd year of the rebuild.   (Sorry for the novella here, I tend to rant on things I feel strongly about ha ) 
Lou is an Enigma sometimes He goes through really bad stretches(Games 2-9 in 2019 come to mine) but sometimes he goes through really good stretches like how we ended the season in 2019.
I'll give him somewhat a pass for last season because of Genos injury and the Debacle that happened with Dunlap.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's amazing what better players will do for a coaches ability--or inability--to call a good game.   Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The third and first unit looked good last night. The second unit needs to step up there game though especially in pass rush department.
Third downs were a bit of a struggle I think the Bucs converted 4 out of their first 5 3rd downs last night.
Run defense was excellent all night as well as the coverage. The pass rush started out hot and finished out hot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hodges (think that was his last name) looked good too
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:36 PM)J24 Wrote: The third and first unit looked good last night. The second unit needs to step up there game though especially in pass rush department.
Third downs were a bit of a struggle I think the Bucs converted 4 out of their first 5  3rd downs last night.
Run defense was excellent all night as well as the coverage. The pass rush started out hot and finished out hot.

Darius Phillips and Tony Brown looked great I thought. Frazier had some nice plays.

Our Secondary looks as good as the Broncos who might be the best this season.

(08-15-2021, 04:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: Hodges (think that was his last name) looked good too

Yeah, he got a sack too. Bachie still was the best LB for us last night IMO. Great in coverage and made some nice tackles.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Lou is an Enigma sometimes He goes through really bad stretches(Games 2-9 in 2019 come to mine) but sometimes he goes through really good stretches like how we ended the season in 2019.
I'll give him somewhat a pass for last season because of Genos injury and the Debacle that happened with Dunlap.

Geno, Wren, Topou, Daniel's (partly), Reader (partly), Waynes.... he didn't have any of those guys. Add to that the disgruntled Dunlap and WJIII....
Reply/Quote
It was good to see players on.defense playing
Like they wanted to be there. Alot of good positive
Energy and 11 guys doing whats best for the team
Instead of "ME".
Guys like WJ3 and his I will play hard when I feel like
It attitude won't be missed
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It was good to see players on.defense playing
Like they wanted to be there. Alot of good positive
Energy and 11 guys doing whats best for the team
Instead of "ME".
Guys like WJ3 and his I will play hard when I feel like
It attitude won't be missed

Awuzie looks to be an upgrade over WJ3 honestly.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awuzie looks to be an upgrade over WJ3 honestly.

Totally agree. I thought Awuzie played as well as 
You.could have asked for. He was disruptive
And really ideal tight coverage. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 04:32 PM)J24 Wrote: Lou is an Enigma sometimes He goes through really bad stretches(Games 2-9 in 2019 come to mine) but sometimes he goes through really good stretches like how we ended the season in 2019.

Agree. Geno and Reader both killed the potential improvement. If your weak up front you have no chance.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Darius Phillips and Tony Brown looked great I thought. Frazier had some nice plays.

Our Secondary looks as good as the Broncos who might be the best this season.

Yeah, he got a sack too. Bachie still was the best LB for us last night IMO. Great in coverage and made some nice tackles.
Although not the most athletically gifted , Bachie has solid fundamentals. I liked the signing and hoping he can provide some needed depth at linebacker. He might not get to them all, but his technique in pass protection visually looks textbook.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Totally agree. I thought Awuzie played as well as 
You.could have asked for. He was disruptive
And really ideal tight coverage. 

Awuzie is big too, very big Corner. Didn't notice how big he was until late. He will be problems for even the tallest Receivers and TE's.

(08-15-2021, 06:14 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Although not the most athletically gifted , Bachie  has solid fundamentals.   I liked the signing and hoping he can provide some needed depth at linebacker.  He might not get to them all, but his technique in pass protection visually looks textbook.

Yes and he is very smart and instinctive. Surprised Bachie hasn't flashed somewhere else before we got him.

Damn good player at Michigan State and looks like he is growing under Golden here. Great to see.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson to Brady..... "Who's your daddy.... say it... say it...."

[Image: 237754841_10159393965273416_489212113007...e=613D7A8F]
Reply/Quote