Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deja Lewis
(12-06-2018, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: What if everyone threw trash on his lawn?

Joke's on you, he lives at the stadium. There's trash on his lawn every Sunday!  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Franchise is a joke
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:11 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I must have missed this “golden age”.

It was the five straight years in the playoffs.  Hobson is still bringing it up in every article he writes, conveniently not also mentioning how each of those golden seasons ended.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Marv is just saying this so people will be pissed off again when he stays again. And anyone doubting Marv's love of the piss off, just watch one of his press conferences.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 07:35 PM)McC Wrote: It was the five straight years in the playoffs.  Hobson is still bringing it up in every article he writes, conveniently not also mentioning how each of those golden seasons ended.

And it wasn't a golden age, more of a sprinkling of bronze dust.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 08:04 PM)McC Wrote: Marv is just saying this so people will be pissed off again when he stays again.  And anyone doubting Marv's love of the piss off, just watch one of his press conferences.

So, he's just ***** with us at this point?  You know, I could actually respect that on some level.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 08:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And it wasn't a golden age, more of a sprinkling of bronze dust.

It beat the shit outta the past 3 seasons.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 08:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, he's just ***** with us at this point?  You know, I could actually respect that on some level.

I think he is.   I also think if I think this hard enough, he will prove me wrong just to piss me off.  But the laugh would be on him, cuz this is one time being wrong would make me giggle and clap.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 08:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, he's just ***** with us at this point?  You know, I could actually respect that on some level.

You know, ***** with us is probably closer to true than trying to piss us off.  Thank you for that.  He's definitely got that in him.  He often responds little kid-like.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 07:35 PM)McC Wrote: It was the five straight years in the playoffs.  Hobson is still bringing it up in every article he writes, conveniently not also mentioning how each of those golden seasons ended.

5 straight super bowl wins. The haters will say that didn't happen. Don't listen to them. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 08:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And it wasn't a golden age, more of a sprinkling of bronze dust.

More like a sprinkling of that aluminum powder that almost killed Tinman Jed Clampet. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: What if everyone threw trash on his lawn?

We do have Andre in town. I wonder how many donuts it would take to convince him to take a fat ass dump on his porch
Reply/Quote

Freaking awesome. That's hilarious!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Worst case that could happen. Marvin puts together a string of wins to finish out the season, coupled with the injury excuse should be enough to get him back next year. I hope we lose out.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:33 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Worst case that could happen. Marvin puts together a string of wins to finish out the season, coupled with the injury excuse should be enough to get him back next year. I hope we lose out.

I don't think this team can recover ? Probably the only game we might have a chance in is the Raiders, and I wouldn't bet on that.
Reply/Quote

Epic post Llama, epic. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Maybe i'm building my hopes up here but maybe just maybe it's different this year.
Everyone is saying that Marvin will decide if he stays but really he only has a contract until Jan, we all thought that he was given a 2yr deal but we have found out it was only for 1yr with a 1yr option by the team.
How can Marvin decide if he stays or goes if technically he won't have a contract.
Is it possible that he was told that he would be given another year to get into the play-offs and if he did then they would trigger the year's option, but if he didn't he was out.
I know its a long shot though
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 04:09 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Maybe i'm building my hopes up here but maybe just maybe it's different this year.
Everyone is saying that Marvin will decide if he stays but really he only has a contract until Jan, we all thought that he was given a 2yr deal but we have found out it was only for 1yr with a 1yr option by the team.
How can Marvin decide if he stays or goes if technically he won't have a contract.
Is it possible that he was told that he would be given another year to get into the play-offs and if he did then they would trigger the year's option, but if he didn't he was out.
I know its a long shot though

Is this true?

I thought it was a 2 year deal? Never heard about the option?

Hope this is true and we can finally move on, atleast this would be a start.
Reply/Quote
I certainly hope coach Lewis is not back next season. It would be beyond absurdity to continue this failed experiment.

People often proclaim that the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing but expecting a different result. While not an actual definition of course, there is some truth in that assertion -- albeit simplistic and only as it pertains to a mindset or approach.

However, there is an actual definition of insanity that I believe is incredibly applicable to retaining coach Lewis for yet another season:

-- Something utterly foolish or unreasonable
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I certainly hope coach Lewis is not back next season. It would be beyond absurdity to continue this failed experiment.

People often proclaim that the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing but expecting a different result. While not an actual definition of course, there is some truth in that assertion -- albeit simplistic and only as it pertains to a mindset or approach.

However, there is an actual definition of insanity that I believe is incredibly applicable to retaining coach Lewis for yet another season:

-- Something utterly foolish or unreasonable

Well said Lucidus, well said.
Reply/Quote