Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demarcus walker pro day
The 6-foot-3, 281-pound defensive lineman ran a 4.76 unofficial 40-yard dash with a 9-foot-7 broad jump. He also put up 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, which was two more than he did at the combine. Had 16.0 sacks 2nd in the fbs his senior season. 19.5 tfl 3 forced fumbles. Second round top choice for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 06:49 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The 6-foot-3, 281-pound defensive lineman ran a 4.76 unofficial 40-yard dash with a 9-foot-7 broad jump. He also put up 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, which was two more than he did at the combine. Had 16.0 sacks 2nd in the fbs his senior season. 19.5 tfl 3 forced fumbles. Second round top choice for me.

Big fan of him in the 2nd which it looks like he will be there. 
Reply/Quote
Best swim move in college football.

I was talking about him in the first round back when all that was still being determined. I would love him in the 2nd round.

The problem being who do we take in the first if not Barnett?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 08:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Best swim move in college football.

I was talking about him in the first round back when all that was still being determined. I would love him in the 2nd round.

I've got no problem with Barnett/walker 1/2. We've been devoid of a talent injection from that position for so long, who knows when we get a solid look at it again.
Reply/Quote

That is where I am out. I am on record as being anti WR/TE at 9, and I think there is great value at HB in the 3rd so no need to go there. Maybe a guy like Hooker or Adams falls, which is doubtful, or if a team is trying to get back in front of the Browns at 12 we could move back then go WR/TE?
Reply/Quote

Well huge fan of williams. If thomas, garrett, allen are gone, hooker and adams are gone, lattimore and fournette, and foster, where do u go? For me, its mike williams. The big bodied great reciever. Would be a great compliment on an aging wr corp.if noy a fan of williams, trade down to mid teens and get corey davis and a extra second.if we went mike williams demarcus walker i would love it. But if we went corey davis, demarcus walker, pat elflien/raekwon mcmillan i wouldnt complain one bit. It all depends on how the draft goes.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well huge fan of williams.  If thomas, garrett, allen are gone, hooker and adams are gone, lattimore and fournette, and foster, where do u go? For me, its mike williams. The big bodied great reciever. Would be a great compliment on an aging wr corp.if noy a fan of williams, trade down to mid teens and get corey davis and a extra second.if we went mike williams demarcus walker i would love it. But if we went corey davis, demarcus walker, pat elflien/raekwon mcmillan i wouldnt complain one bit. It all depends on how the draft goes.

Aging wr Corp?  Aj in his prime.  3 second year wrs.  And lafell.  I'll give that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 11:05 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Aging wr Corp?  Aj in his prime.  3 second year wrs.  And lafell.  I'll give that one.

well aj probably has 3 elite years left. For lafell hea never been above average. So hes gone probably after this year. Were gonna need to draft a number 1 in the next 2-3 years. When are we gonna be drafting this high to do that again?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 06:49 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The 6-foot-3, 281-pound defensive lineman ran a 4.76 unofficial 40-yard dash with a 9-foot-7 broad jump. He also put up 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, which was two more than he did at the combine. Had 16.0 sacks 2nd in the fbs his senior season. 19.5 tfl 3 forced fumbles. Second round top choice for me.

I can't seem to find a vertical number for him.  I like that measure for a DE.  Did you happen to see it?
Reply/Quote

Either Ross or Davis.  My vote would be Ross.  A burner to stretch the defense helps everything underneath.  He (Ross) would have a field day if AJ is doubled.  Davis would be a better Red Zone target, and is very good at everything.

If Walker is gone in Rd 2, they could take Jordan Willis.  Underrated DE out of Kansas State, who is actually stronger and faster.  
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd. Personally I'm hoping we draft at least 2 pass rushing DE's and possibly a PR lb.
Reply/Quote
Just watched his plays in the Ole Miss game and i got to say he isn't impressive. I will have to watch a few more, but he seems to have a very slow 1st step/anticipation to the snap. you see the other guys on the line are already a 1/2 yard to a yard going by the time he gets moving. Also once he gets locked on by a Lineman his effort seems to die quickly.

Will have to watch more.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 08:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can't seem to find a vertical number for him.  I like that measure for a DE.  Did you happen to see it?
Couldnt find one from combine or pro day, but found article that said he had a 31 inch vert coming out of high school. Probably useless number now but best i could do.
(03-29-2017, 10:26 AM)Crowe Wrote: I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd. Personally I'm hoping we draft at least 2 pass rushing DE's and possibly a PR lb.
I wouldnt mind doing something like demarcus walker in second and tanoh kpassagnon in third or 4th.
(03-29-2017, 12:44 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Just watched his plays in the Ole Miss game and i got to say he isn't impressive. I will have to watch a few more, but he seems to have a very slow 1st step/anticipation to the snap. you see the other guys on the line are already a 1/2 yard to a yard going by the time he gets moving. Also once he gets locked on by a Lineman his effort seems to die quickly.

Will have to watch more.
Watch more like the lousville game. Played hard to the very end and the whole game even through a blowout. He played 99 percent of snaps every game. He averaged 3 plays on the sideline a game. That could be why some of his tape is slow. Kinda like dunlap coming out. He plays so much his motor is inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Either Ross or Davis.  My vote would be Ross.  A burner to stretch the defense helps everything underneath.  He (Ross) would have a field day if AJ is doubled.  Davis would be a better Red Zone target, and is very good at everything.

If Walker is gone in Rd 2, they could take Jordan Willis.  Underrated DE out of Kansas State, who is actually stronger and faster.  

We are on the same page SHRacer.

Ross is my favorite WR and Willis is my favorite End to grab in the 2nd, slightly above Walker.
Reply/Quote

Barnett Rotate with MJ until he's ready to take over (sooner)

Walker to rotate with Carlos until he's ready to take over (later)

Walker can also move inside
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Walker actually fits the Bengals mold of their rotational DEs. Big enough to move inside if necessary and fast enough to play outside.
Reply/Quote
As a Nole alum I love Demarcus. Always showed up and always showed out in big games and against rivals, which I put a lot of weight in. Unquestioned leader of the D and pretty much the team the last two years.

He's that guy who won't let you play down to lesser competition and also that guy who's gonna get after your toughest rival. Gotta have love for somebody like that
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 10:33 PM)bonesaw Wrote: As a Nole alum I love Demarcus.  Always showed up and always showed out in big games and against rivals, which I put a lot of weight in.  Unquestioned leader of the D and pretty much the team the last two years.

He's that guy who won't let you play down to lesser competition and also that guy who's gonna get after your toughest rival.  Gotta have love for somebody like that

You should know better than most then. All for this guy in the 2nd.

Need a guy like this when we are playing the Stoolers.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You should know better than most then. All for this guy in the 2nd.

Need a guy like this when we are playing the Stoolers.

Nah, we need Dean Portman. When you place Iceland, you're gonna need him.

[Image: latest?cb=20120317163511]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:44 PM)Bengalboy Wrote: Just watched his plays in the Ole Miss game and i got to say he isn't impressive. I will have to watch a few more, but he seems to have a very slow 1st step/anticipation to the snap. you see the other guys on the line are already a 1/2 yard to a yard going by the time he gets moving. Also once he gets locked on by a Lineman his effort seems to die quickly.

Will have to watch more.

You should watch the Fla. St. bowl game from this past season.  He looked very dominate, versus a great OL from Michigan.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote