Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat Convention Thread
And Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings forgot to use the gavel to officially kick it off.  Smirk
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Dead Horse

Popcorn
--------------------------------------------------------

I flipped over to it about 5ish. Saw a lady finishing up; not sure who she was, but she looked like Honey Boo Boo's mom.

Then a dud came on talking about how the Democratic Party lead the Civil Rights Movement.

I saw where Paul Simon and some singer I'd never heard of was coming up. I'll probably tune in for Sanders just for entertainment value and to see if he is more loyal to the Party than they were to him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Great speech by the First Lady

I hope Bernie comes out and moons everyone, then leaves.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Not so much by Warren.

(07-25-2016, 11:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I hope Bernie comes out and moons everyone, then leaves.

Even better would be sending out Larry David to do it for him.
--------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaand the prophet is false. So much lol.
What kind of position was Bern promised? Jesus it must be Hawaiin Tropic oil boy or something in order for that relinquishing of the bits.
(07-26-2016, 12:23 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What kind of position was Bern promised? Jesus it must be Hawaiin Tropic oil boy or something in order for that relinquishing of the bits.

Bern did his best, but when he hits on the 1% of wealthy Americans are the problem; it sort of rings hollow when he says; let's vote for Hills. 

Feel the Bern now? Just another sellout.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-26-2016, 09:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Feel the Bern now?  Just another sellout.

I don't know about that.

He made a good run, got his ideas out there.

Like Mrs. Obama said some people understand that a public servant doesn't just take their ball and go home when they lose.  

Now I also admire (while throwing up in my mouth a little) Cruz for getting up there and sticking to his principles and not endorsing Trump.  Either way would have been good to me, but he showed more backbone than I thought he had.

Especially when Trump comes out AGAIN and brings up his father and the JFK assassination after the convention.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-26-2016, 09:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know about that.

He made a good run, got his ideas out there.

Like Mrs. Obama said some people understand that a public servant doesn't just take their ball and go home when they lose.  

Now I also admire (while throwing up in my mouth a little) Cruz for getting up there and sticking to his principles and not endorsing Trump.  Either way would have been good to me, but he showed more backbone than I thought he had.

Especially when Trump comes out AGAIN and brings up his father and the JFK assassination after the convention.

Even after those emails?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-26-2016, 09:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Even after those emails?

Then he was right they preferred Clinton over him.

He understands how bad Trump would be and since it can't be him he's supporting the person who beat him.  Even Sanders knows that he would have lost even without anything from the DNC.
(07-26-2016, 09:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then he was right they preferred Clinton over him.

He understands how bad Trump would be and since it can't be him he's supporting the person who beat him.  Even Sanders knows that he would have lost even without anything from the DNC.

You're precious.  You don't mind a complete perversion of our democracy as long as it's for the candidate you find the most palatable.  Your grudging admiration of Cruz is also telling, you don't mind a person who won't keep their word as long as you agree with the reasons why.  It seems to sadly add up to a rather marked lack of principles on your part.  As long as the outcome pleases you you're all for it.  Sad really.  Cry
(07-26-2016, 09:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're precious.

You need laid. " Mellow

(07-26-2016, 09:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You don't mind a complete perversion of our democracy as long as it's for the candidate you find the most palatable.

Hyperbole Man strikes again!

(07-26-2016, 09:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Your grudging admiration of Cruz is also telling,

Is this profiling from an experienced officer?

(07-26-2016, 09:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: you don't mind a person who won't keep their word as long as you agree with the reasons why.

Pretty much. If I said I'd support my boss and signed a contract and he constantly went out and lied about my family in public I'd have no problem "breaking my promise".

(07-26-2016, 09:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It seems to sadly add up to a rather marked lack of principles on your part.

Yeah, me thinking that someone shouldn't endorse a man who attacked his family...not just him shows a real lack of principles. I guess I jusst don't follow lock step no matter what else happens

(07-26-2016, 09:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As long as the outcome pleases you you're all for it.  Sad really.  Cry

Thanks for (again) thinking you know more about what I want or think than I do. I guess?

Rock On
(07-26-2016, 09:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then he was right they preferred Clinton over him.

The DNC preferred Clinton over him.  I understand how it usually works.  You go for the nomination, and if you don't get it, you get behind whoever did.  But the DNC rigged it against him.  That's not the same.  I have no desire to see Bernie Sanders' fantasy land in the White House, but I can admire principles of a person I disagree with.  I thought Dennis Kusinich was a nut ball, but the man didn't waver from what he thought was right, and I admired him for that.  Now, in my opinion, Bernie sold out.  

(07-26-2016, 10:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The DNC preferred Clinton over him.  I understand how it usually works.  You go for the nomination, and if you don't get it, you get behind whoever did.  But the DNC rigged it against him.  That's not the same.  I have no desire to see Bernie Sanders' fantasy land in the White House, but I can admire principles of a person I disagree with.  I thought Dennis Kusinich was a nut ball, but the man didn't waver from what he thought was right, and I admired him for that.  Now, in my opinion, Bernie sold out.  

Did they "rig" it?

I don't think he sold out.  just my opinion.  I think he is doing what he thinks is best.  He will continue to fight for those things he wants.  Right or wrong.

And like I said, either way would have been fine with me.  He could have refused to speak and held a rally nearby and I'd have thought that was good too.
(07-26-2016, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: Did they "rig" it?

I don't think he sold out.  just my opinion.  I think he is doing what he thinks is best.  He will continue to fight for those things he wants.  Right or wrong.

And like I said, either way would have been fine with me.  He could have refused to speak and held a rally nearby and I'd have thought that was good too.

If he doesn't support her those supporters go towards trump. It becomes a lesser of two evils. It's not selling out, it's trying to back the one who is least despicable to him.

Not sure why people confuse this. If you can't win then you back the one you hate less, which makes the whole Cruz thing kind of interesting, but could have been because it was personal.
(07-26-2016, 10:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: If he doesn't support her those supporters go towards trump. It becomes a lesser of two evils. It's not selling out, it's trying to back the one who is least despicable to him.

Not sure why people confuse this. If you can't win then you back the one you hate less, which makes the whole Cruz thing kind of interesting, but could have been because it was personal.

It was definitely personal.  And Trump made it that way.  He attacked people...not ideas.  He even attacked their wives and family.  It is who he is.  A 3rd grader with a bank account.