Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Democrats set votes to protect same-sex marriage and contraception
(07-24-2022, 01:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: When my wife and I taught pre-marriage classes there was a bit on telling them that the rhythm method was the only acceptable form of birth control.  We had to sit through a long lecture by someone withing the diocese to learn all about it.

When we reached that point in the classes with the couple we told them what it was and then told them that it was entirely up to them to decide which birth control method they would use if they chose to use it.  We explained that it was not OUR place to tell them what they HAD to do.

I feel the same way with the rest of the country too.

I thought the rhythm method was gonna be a lot cooler than it is when I looked it up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 06:48 PM)jason Wrote: I thought the rhythm method was gonna be a lot cooler than it is when I looked it up.

It is as boring as you read.

Now imagine sitting in a church cafeteria for two hours learning about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 06:48 PM)jason Wrote: I thought the rhythm method was gonna be a lot cooler than it is when I looked it up.

lol lemme guess, it has nothing to with rhythm during sex, most likely monitor the rhythm of the menstrual cycle?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: lol lemme guess, it has nothing to with rhythm during sex, most likely monitor the rhythm of the menstrual cycle?

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I do it I have Stanley Clarke and Lenny White in the room.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know about the rest of you, but when I do it I have Stanley Clarke and Lenny White in the room.

Just stay 6 ft apart and all should be fine. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 08:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I guess my question is why did it take them this long for politicians to actually try to do their job instead of relying on courts to do their job for them?

I have no clue to be honest.  I'm pretty liberal, particularly on social matters.  I do however believe that legislators should be the ones that make laws as they can be voted out if they make shitty ones.  Judges and appointees, not so much.  

I'd guess that it was never codified into law because politicians were afraid to be demonized as babykillers if they voted for it.  To me this is pretty dumb, because they got that very treatment anyhow.  They probably figured that the issue was settled law, and that there was no need to ramp up the opposition on a hot button issue if Roe was safe.  It wasn't, and they paid for the lack of foresight.  

Politicians. don't put energy into issues that they already think they've got locked up. If such a law passed, the pro choice crowd would be happy, but under Roe, I doubt many would realize the significance of codifying a right they thought they would always have. At the time, it was a moderate risk-high, low reward issue. Until it wasn't.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just stay 6 ft apart and all should be fine. 

That'll be mandatory before you know it.  Stay 6+ feet away from any woman you don't want to spend the rest of your life with.
Reply/Quote