Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dennard +2.5 PFF rating
Dennard had a strong game against Buffalo with a +2.5 PFF rating. His interception was incredible. He needs more snaps in my opinion. Our secondary has some weaknesses. He can help with that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eh, Dennard has seemingly been burned more times than anyone else in our secondary this year and he's only been on the field for 20-25% of the team's snaps.

It's tough to assume that he'll have great games going forward because of 1 good game, but at least things are looking up from the first few games. Nice to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh, Dennard has seemingly been burned more times than anyone else in our secondary this year and he's only been on the field for 20-25% of the team's snaps.

It's tough to assume that he'll have great games going forward because of 1 good game, but at least things are looking up from the first few games. Nice to see.

Dre K had a couple nice interceptions last year and has been pretty underwhelming so far imo. Don't think I'm quite ready to give Dennard the full go just yet, he's made a couple nice plays but he hasn't impressed me too much yet. My opinion is pretty important so...
Reply/Quote
I think people have a new definition for "getting burned".

Apparently all of our corners suck.

I don't see it.

Jones, Dre K, Dennard and even Hall have all played great imo. If plays are given up, I think it has to do with scheme for the most part.

WTS, you'll know BAD corner play when you see it, and we haven't yet. Just try being a Ravens fan Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh, Dennard has seemingly been burned more times than anyone else in our secondary this year and he's only been on the field for 20-25% of the team's snaps.

Dre has been awful in zone and off-man. He's leading the league in missed tackles and has allowed over 100 yards after the catch going into the Bills game...

But damn when he presses its game over for the WR.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would say it is less them getting burned than confusion over assignments. It feels like most of the long pass plays against the Bengals this year have been our guys giving free releases and expecting help but not getting it. Who that falls on is anybody's guess. On the other side of the ball, however, our receivers are just running past people.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
It seemed against the Bills that the corners were playing far off and getting to the receiver just as the ball was arriving. Split second sooner, they make the pick. There is definitely room for improvement.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Dre has been awful in zone and off-man. He's leading the league in missed tackles and has allowed over 100 yards after the catch going into the Bills game...

I don't think you'll see them in press coverage if we continue to get pressure with our 4 DL's.  As long as they are getting pressure they'll continue to drop 7 into coverage and make it difficult for QB's to fit the ball into the receivers.

But I agree, we have pretty good press corners so you'd like to see them do what they do best.  And I guess we will if and when we have to blitz.  We just haven't blitzed much so no need to hold up the receivers off the line IMO.
Reply/Quote
Def deserving of more snaps, would rather see him play the slot then Leon in the nickel package.

I think he has a bright future and will become our #1 CB by the middle of next year.

Side note isn't nice to ease our high draft picks in, how many teams have that luxury?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

He just needs more opportunities and more experience.  Look what he did when he got to start a game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Dre has been awful in zone and off-man. He's leading the league in missed tackles and has allowed over 100 yards after the catch going into the Bills game...

I agree with this, at least against a middling talent at WR.  Dre is one of the lowest ranked DBs in PFF.  That shows he's not getting to play much the way he thrives.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:37 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dennard had a strong game against Buffalo with a +2.5 PFF rating.  His interception was incredible.  He needs more snaps in my opinion.   Our secondary has some weaknesses.  He can help with that.

He looked really good in his biggest opportunity to date.  I think he will push Dre for snaps when Hall returns.  NO.  FLY.  ZONE.
Reply/Quote

At least 2 of the big plays Dre "gave up" were on the other player not carrying the WR downfield. 

He's not a zone CB. It's on PG to stop trying to force him into zone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: At least 2 of the big plays Dre "gave up" were on the other player not carrying the WR downfield. 

He's not a zone CB. It's on PG to stop trying to force him into zone. 

First it isn't about him giving up big plays behind him. I agree there have been a few miss communications that have allowed big plays deep (Very few). Second you can't put it on PG, a corner has to be able to play zone or off-man when 2 or more WRs line up on a side its harder to press 2 or even 3 WRs.

Edit: Wanted to say it's still way to early to write off Dre or saying other guys need to start taking his snaps. Kid is big and has a lot of talent can't wait to see him progress as the season continues.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:37 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dennard had a strong game against Buffalo with a +2.5 PFF rating.  His interception was incredible.  He needs more snaps in my opinion.   Our secondary has some weaknesses.  He can help with that.

About a week ago, somebody on this board called him garbage.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Reminds me of Dre his rookie season. He'd show flashes but get burned too much and so the coaching staff wouldn't trust him to play the majority of snaps. Dre still gets burned here and there but overall has improved and overall he's a decent starting CB. Hopefully Dennard keeps improving.  
Reply/Quote

He's been burned what, twice?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dennard has never been burned. Burned implies that someone is a few steps ahead of you. All the catches against Dennard have been closely contested. When I seen him this year for the first time, I damn near broke my TV cussing ML out for not starting this guy. Dennard>Dre, Hall.
Reply/Quote
Neither of them make me feel secure.

Too green still.
Reply/Quote
Valuable snaps for sure, and hopefully, he's a future star. I'm not crying for him to see the field any more than he already is though. The secondary is playing well, and I'm not into fixing problems that don't exist. Eventually he'll have to step in and show why he was a first round draft pick, but I'm honestly hoping that we don't see that until next season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote