Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dept Of Education: We're Done Being Involved With Transgender Students And Bathroom
(02-14-2018, 12:18 PM)Griever Wrote: no one was ever forgotten

its just the ignorant people that voted for trump and fell for his schtick that felt like they were "forgotten"

Well now it makes perfect sense.  Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2018, 10:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I always find it funny when people try and act like specific groups are forgotten.    Democrats seem to only want to represent a few groups, where Republicans always speak about everyone as a whole.     This has always annoyed me about democrats and probably what initially pushed me away from them.

Ehh, I think republicans were a little too concerned catering to that segment of the population who are convinced they were going to lose their right to be offensive arse-hats and/or that their way of life was under attack.  The government is coming for your guns AND your right to make fun of people!

Do you know anyone who has lost his/her job after being "un PC?"  Is this really a thing?  Maybe I'm just a genius, but I've managed to be as big of an arse as I've wanted in the past 10 years and I've had nothing taken from me by the PC police. Doesn't that seem like a pretty odd minority of people to care about so deeply? People who are reasonably offensive and have had their liberties stripped from them by the government because of it? Because that seems even smaller a demographic than gay/trans/etc...but that's who republicans were apparently worried about in the social sense in 2016. Wacky.
(02-14-2018, 12:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I think republicans were a little too concerned catering to that segment of the population who are convinced they were going to lose their right to be offensive arse-hats and/or that their way of life was under attack.  The government is coming for your guns AND your right to make fun of people!

Do you know anyone who has lost his/her job after being "un PC?"  Is this really a thing?  Maybe I'm just a genius, but I've managed to be as big of an arse as I've wanted in the past 10 years and I've had nothing taken from me by the PC police.  Doesn't that seem like a pretty odd minority of people to care about so deeply?  People who are reasonably offensive and have had their liberties stripped from them by the government because of it?  Because that seems even smaller a demographic than gay/trans/etc...but that's who republicans were apparently worried about in the social sense in 2016.  Wacky.

The Chik Fil A guy, but I'm guessing he may have leaned left. LOL

Did the guy who said niggardly and the guy who said "chink in his armor" lose their jobs?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-14-2018, 12:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Chik Fil A guy, but I'm guessing he may have leaned left. LOL

Did the guy who said niggardly and the guy who said "chink in his armor" lose their jobs?

Right, but it wasn't the government that came after them.  The idea that the government can force your employer/customers to keep you regardless of what you say is hardly something a logical person would think could or should happen.

What's next, the government needs to stop my wife from getting mad when I hit on her sister?
(02-14-2018, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, but it wasn't the government that came after them.  The idea that the government can force your employer/customers to keep you regardless of what you say is hardly something a logical person would think could or should happen.

What's next, the government needs to stop my wife from getting mad when I hit on her sister?

Oh I didn't know we were specifically on the government.

(02-14-2018, 12:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh I didn't know we were specifically on the government.

I don't think the people who complain about being "forced to be PC" have any idea what amount of persecution they are facing and what can be done about it.  The most logical thing I assume they are after is the right for them to say and do what they want without being fired from their jobs or otherwise held accountable for their actions.  That would require a government that is willing and able to dictate the actions of private employers and consumers.

You'd have to actually ask someone who feels like the Trump vote was a blow against the PC police. I personally don't want or need the government to protect me from myself, but that seems to be a big selling point for both sides these days.
(02-14-2018, 01:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think the people who complain about being "forced to be PC" have any idea what amount of persecution they are facing and what can be done about it.  The most logical thing I assume they are after is the right for them to say and do what they want without being fired from their jobs or otherwise held accountable for their actions.  That would require a government that is willing and able to dictate the actions of private employers and consumers.

You'd have to actually ask someone who feels like the Trump vote was a blow against the PC police.

OK gotcha.  I agree that the government has no business involving themselves.  If an employer demands you are "PC" in some area, then that's what you have to do.  

(02-14-2018, 12:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well now it makes perfect sense.  Tongue

i probably worded it wrong...wife has had the flu for a week and ive been playing doctor taking care of her so im tired, lol
People suck
(02-14-2018, 01:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: OK gotcha.  I agree that the government has no business involving themselves.  If an employer demands you are "PC" in some area, then that's what you have to do.  

Right-o.  I'm not here to speak for people, but from what I've seen people who complained about the PC movement always seemed to cite someone losing his/her job because a private organization didn't want to put up with the backlash of the actions or words.  Ah but then if it weren't for missing the point and being promised something that can't be delivered where would our political system be?
(02-13-2018, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is one of those situations in which a large population will feel that those they associate with are being slighted.

I remember not being happy when Obama said he was going to withhold funding from school that didn't allow kids to use the facility of their choice and I'm sure there are many now mad that the DoE has decided to no longer support their desire to use the facility of their choice.

My opinion has not changed; use the facility designed for your biological sex; because after all; using the bathroom is a biological function.

Pretty much where I am at with it. And if a school district or a state determines there should be a gender neutral bathroom, then that is perfectly fine with me too as long as they can fund building it themselves.

When it comes to locker rooms though for junior high and high school sports teams or gym classes, then that should be based on biological sex as well.

Obama's tactic in trying to strongarm schools by withholding funding if they didnt comply was utter crap. Yet for some reason that tactic was fine with the left.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(02-14-2018, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Or "use the bathroom where you're statistically far less likely to be the victim of an assault because of your gender identity". 

They're concerned with imaginary assaults rather than the ones that occur.

Fred tried this approach once and got destroyed. he list a whole lot of assaults and about 99.95 were males getting assaulted because they went into female bathrooms. I think 1 was of a male getting assaulted for using the men's room.

Now perhaps he was just terrible at research. What numbers do you have that shows most violence occurs when someone if forced to use the facility that matches their sex? As most he had showed violence occurred far more frequently when folks tried to use facilities opposite their sex.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

For the "use the facility designed for your biological sex" crowd: What facility should you use if you were born with both a dong and a hoohoo?

(Asking for a friend)
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(02-14-2018, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: You do know you don't have to look at everyone and tell them how weird they are...right?

Do you know you don’t have to tell someone how special they are because they do strange things that are often coinciding with the same actions of those suffering from mental disorders.
(02-14-2018, 03:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you know you don’t have to tell someone how special they are because they do strange things that are often coinciding with the same actions of those suffering from mental disorders.

Again, easier to ignore someone than have to tell them YOU don't think they're normal.

But still on the "mental disorders" kick, eh?

I'm still waiting for all the people attacked by transgender people in changing rooms and bathrooms you said happened.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2018, 03:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, easier to ignore someone than have to tell them YOU don't think they're normal.

But still on the "mental disorders" kick, eh?

I'm still waiting for all the people attacked by transgender people in changing rooms and bathrooms you said happened.   Mellow

I have posted countless articles of this happening. Go use the search function.

And it’s a free country, I can call someone weird if I choose.
(02-14-2018, 03:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you know you don’t have to tell someone how special they are because they do strange things that are often coinciding with the same actions of those suffering from mental disorders.

You know, if you were a liberal I'd swear you were ripping on people who believe in a higher power.
(02-14-2018, 03:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have posted countless articles of this happening.   Go use the search function.

And it’s a free country, I can call someone weird if I choose.

You have not.  You are lying.  You have posted lots of accounts that all were easily disproved.  

http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=0094585024536a46b23ccaea51af2b71&sortby=&order=desc

Have a go and proving me wrong.

Of course you CAN by what good does that do for anyone except yourself?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2018, 03:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You know, if you were a liberal I'd swear you were ripping on people who believe in a higher power.

You are entitled to feel as you wish. Your salvation is in your hands.
(02-14-2018, 03:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: You have not.  You are lying.  You have posted lots of accounts that all were easily disproved.  

http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=0094585024536a46b23ccaea51af2b71&sortby=&order=desc

Have a go and proving me wrong.

Of course you CAN by what good does that do for anyone except yourself?

I am not going to clog up this thread with a rehash because you are being petty and difficult. If you want me to post an account of it happening then make a new thread.

Also you have a lot of nerve calling me a liar when you are too lazy to even look it up. If you want to be treated with common courtesy and respect then at least have the decency to show some yourself.
(02-14-2018, 03:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And it’s a free country, I can call someone weird if I choose.

You sure can, but when people call for the government to regulate and make laws based on what X% of people deem "weird" that's where the issue (should) arise.

As I pointed out, what is deemed weird or unacceptable in this country has a tendency to change on a regular basis.