Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Henry Injury
(01-20-2022, 05:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think that's really a thing.  

Agreed from the coaching and player perspective. It's just me projecting my fan fear into the ether.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 05:40 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'd be pretty surprised to find out the Bengals were game planning for one running back over another.  With consistency at the run game and a QB that can make some plays with his feet, I'm sure they're looking at containment and making tackles.  My nerve meter doesn't go up or down whether it's Henry or another RB starting on Saturday, the Bengals just need to make sure they're shutting down the run.

Absolutely. Bengals brass are far smarter than a message board and their suggestions. I'd imagine Henry will not get nearly the number of snaps he normally would. Imo, he'll be limited some from an endurance issue and injury plus they have other very capable backs whom the OL is use to blocking for. In fact, I'll venture to say that they'll throw the ball far more on 1st down than anyone here is anticipating.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 04:42 PM)magikod Wrote: yeah they ran just as good w/o henry as they did with him.

..this only confirms their O-line is top notch. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 06:07 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ..this only confirms their O-line is top notch. Nervous

Not in pass protection, so load the box to stop the run and dare them to try and let Tannehill beat us, especially under pressure!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 06:07 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: ..this only confirms their O-line is top notch. Nervous

Our defense will have there work cut out for them.  Tiger
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Someone on reddit posted this video. Its basically a doctor analyzing Derrick Henry's workout video from this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3D1H7hIlZw

I found it quit interesting. You can def tell the guy isn't 100%.

I also find it interesting that he basically looks significantly better running a certain direction (left) and cutting off his left foot rather than his right. You really have to wonder/hope the Bengals take this into account. You would really think the Titans will run him left more often than right when he's in the game to try and take advantage of the explosiveness he still has running in that direction.

Thanks for this Weezy. He definitely doesn't look like he wants to plant that right foot in these vids that is for sure.

He looks significantly better running to the left. Hope our guys have been watching this. Hendrickson isn't as good of a run stopper
as Hubbard so this is a big deal when Henry runs to the weak side against us. The other backs concern me more as they are 100%
and they ran really good in Henry's absence. Foreman is a very good back and they have a very good run blocking OL. 

The thing is we are a good run stopping team and we have Reader, BJ Hill, Tupou and now Kerr playing. Slow the run and force 
Tannehill to pass the ball and we will be in a good place on Defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this Weezy. He definitely doesn't look like he wants to plant that right foot in these vids that is for sure.

He looks significantly better running to the left. Hope our guys have been watching this. Hendrickson isn't as good of a run stopper
as Hubbard so this is a big deal when Henry runs to the weak side against us. The other backs concern me more as they are 100%
and they ran really good in Henry's absence. Foreman is a very good back and they have a very good run blocking OL. 

The thing is we are a good run stopping team and we have Reader, BJ Hill, Tupou and now Kerr playing. Slow the run and force 
Tannehill to pass the ball and we will be in a good place on Defense.

Nate...don't fall for the silliness. Everything that guy said is bullshit. There's no noticible difference between his right and left in that video. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nate...don't fall for the silliness. Everything that guy said is bullshit. There's no noticible difference between his right and left in that video. 

Okay man. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay man. Smirk

There's definitely a difference. Dude has a big ass plate in his right foot...
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:33 PM)Tony Wrote: There's definitely a difference. Dude has a big ass plate in his right foot...

I know, was just humoring Rfaulk. There was a noticeable difference to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nate...don't fall for the silliness. Everything that guy said is bullshit. There's no noticible difference between his right and left in that video. 

That wasn't even really Derrick Henry... It's a trap.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Man, the Titans didn't due Henry's career longevity any favors this year, running him 28 or more times in 6 of his 8 games. That's an insane workload. He only averaged 2.7 ypc in his last 2 games before getting injured. 
Reply/Quote
that is still one heavy limp no matter how the tennesseetitans.com guy tried to see it as a dance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:50 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Was listening to 1010 this morning...they bring doc Murphy in every Thursday and from what I heard from him was that there is no way Henry comes in and is affective come Saturday it even sounded like he wouldn’t be able to do much according to the doc if the titans were to win and play next week as well.  As of this morning from what I’ve heard I don’t think we are gonna be facing Henry but then again the guys a freak so until kickoff I’m not betting nothing

Was listening to WLW about an hour ago and they had some guy (sorry, I was making several stops so didn't hear it all) that said Henry was on the field today and if he's not 100%, he pretty darn close to it. Not sure who the gentleman was though so this has little weight.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, the Titans didn't due Henry's career longevity any favors this year, running him 28 or more times in 6 of his 8 games. That's an insane workload. He only averaged 2.7 ypc in his last 2 games before getting injured. 

Now this is something interesting. Believe there's more to this than meets the eye.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:44 PM)pally Wrote: that is still one heavy limp no matter how the tennesseetitans.com guy tried to see it as a dance

Still have to play him like he is 100% even if he clearly isn't in these vids.

Foreman and the other back scare me more behind that OL honestly after watching Henry favor that foot.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Now this is something interesting. Believe there's more to this than meets the eye.

Yeah, they did to Henry what I was hoping we wouldn't do to Mixon. 

I thought we overworked Mixon but they WAY overworked Henry.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:33 PM)Tony Wrote: There's definitely a difference. Dude has a big ass plate in his right foot...

They used to be the Oilers. You sure it's not a big ass belt buckle? 

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, the Titans didn't due Henry's career longevity any favors this year, running him 28 or more times in 6 of his 8 games. That's an insane workload. He only averaged 2.7 ypc in his last 2 games before getting injured. 

Think that just means he was hurting before the injury. Something he had for those two weeks that just got worse?

Either way, RB and career longevity doesn't really go together. By and large you pretty much need to just use them up in the short window that they're good for.

Henry is 27, so he probably only has 3 years before he falls off steep anyway.

YPC Before/After Age 31 Season
Emmitt Smith: 4.3/3.7
Walter Payton: 4.4/4.0 (2 years)
Frank Gore: 4.5/3.8
Barry Sanders: Didn't Play After 30
Adrian Peterson: 4.9/3.9
Curtis Martin: 4.1/3.3 (1 year)
L Tomlinson: 4.3/3.7 (1 year)
Jerome Bettis: 4.0/3.6 (2 years)
Eric Dickerson: 4.5/3.8 (2 years)
Tony Dorsett: 4.4/3.9

That's the top 10 rushers in NFL history, only 4 of them played past their age 33 season, and all of them fell off sharply in their 30s. The only one who managed to get at least 4.0 YPC after age 31 was Walter Payton.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think that just means he was hurting before the injury. Something he had for those two weeks that just got worse?

Either way, RB and career longevity doesn't really go together. By and large you pretty much need to just use them up in the short window that they're good for.

Henry is 27, so he probably only has 3 years before he falls off steep anyway.

YPC Before/After Age 31 Season
Emmitt Smith: 4.3/3.7
Walter Payton: 4.4/4.0 (2 years)
Frank Gore: 4.5/3.8
Barry Sanders: Didn't Play After 30
Adrian Peterson: 4.9/3.9
Curtis Martin: 4.1/3.3 (1 year)
L Tomlinson: 4.3/3.7 (1 year)
Jerome Bettis: 4.0/3.6 (2 years)
Eric Dickerson: 4.5/3.8 (2 years)
Tony Dorsett: 4.4/3.9

That's the top 10 rushers in NFL history, only 4 of them played past their age 33 season, and all of them fell off sharply in their 30s. The only one who managed to get at least 4.0 YPC after age 31 was Walter Payton.

This says a lot on how good Walter Payton was...
Reply/Quote