Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devonta Smith
Yes... We need O line and D line.

But... I will not be upset if we draft him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The guy (and all of Bama) is putting on a clinic tonight.
Reply/Quote
Smith is overwhelmingly my priority for Joe. Boundary, slot, screen game, jet sweep, punt return. He would be a magical addition to the O.

Is anyone else watching the “film session” broadcast. Best thing ever. 4 quality coaches minds on a game as it happens. ESPN get the vast majority of things wrong, not tonight.
Reply/Quote
Mixon like him:

Quote:Tweet

@Joe_MainMixon
We grabbing DeVonte Smith if we get lineman in free agency

Also throwing a little shade at the oline.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sewell is 100% the pick if he's there.
If Sewell's gone and Chase and Smith are there, ask Burrow who he wants.
If Sewell and Chase/Smith are gone, take the one left.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
He's going to Miami. They need weapons.

Edit:
(1) Laurence
(2) Sewell
(3) Smith
(4) Parsons
(5) Trade down? Or Chase? Or pick first edge player?

Maybe a trade for a QB shakes things up, but we could very well be the team doing the trade down.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:21 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: He's going to Miami. They need weapons.

Or Jets
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Or Jets

If somehow both the Jets and Miaimi went WR, would be nice to have Parsons or Sewell fall to us. Or the Jets trade down and someone goes up for a QB. But Miami, Atlanta, and Bengals don't need to draft a QB. No reason to leapfrog all 3; we are the likely team to trade up with for a QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:29 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If somehow both the Jets and Miaimi went WR, would be nice to have Parsons or Sewell fall to us. Or the Jets trade down and someone goes up for a QB. But Miami, Atlanta, and Bengals don't need to draft a QB. No reason to leapfrog all 3; we are the likely team to trade up with for a QB.

Matt Ryan is 35 years old and they've had 3 consecutive losing seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they went QB. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon like him:

Also throwing a little shade at the oline.

Mixon wasn't overly picky here...a minute late he tweeted

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:33 AM)TheFan Wrote: Matt Ryan is 35 years old and they've had 3 consecutive losing seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they went QB. 

Yeah but he hasn't been injured like ever. QBs stay around a long time these days. I didn't realize he was already 35? How old does that make Brees/Brady then? I see him lasting as long as them. It's not like he's playing poorly. He just needs a better team around him.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:34 AM)pally Wrote: Mixon wasn't overly picky here...a minute late he tweeted

Burrow must have text him 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:35 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah but he hasn't been injured like ever. QBs stay around a long time these days. I didn't realize he was already 35? How old does that make Brees/Brady then? I see him lasting as long as them. It's not like he's playing poorly. He just needs a better team around him.

Very true, but usually a new coach drafting in the top 5 will try to go get "his guy"

I'd be shocked if they didn't go QB unless for some reason QBs go 1,2,3
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:33 AM)TheFan Wrote: Matt Ryan is 35 years old and they've had 3 consecutive losing seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they went QB. 

Trey Lance to Atlanta has become a thing recently. Lance needs that year behind a good QB because the offense at NDSU is alot of single and half field reads. He does have all the tangibles but sitting behind Matty Ice would be the best situation for him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 12:35 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah but he hasn't been injured like ever. QBs stay around a long time these days. I didn't realize he was already 35? How old does that make Brees/Brady then? I see him lasting as long as them. It's not like he's playing poorly. He just needs a better team around him.

He needs a pretty stacked team at this point in his career. I think they'd be better off getting a QB and letting them learn. 

Also, he'll be 36 by the start of next season. And he's not close to being as good as Brees and Brady. Definitely a tier below those guys. The Falcons have only had 2 winning seasons in the past 8 years, as crazy as that may seem.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with either but I personally don't like a player sitting out a whole year just to save draft stock. Reminds me too much of Clowney.
Reply/Quote
Smith looks fast and all, but I'm a bit concerned that he scored all three TDs being practically uncovered. The first two, catching out of the backfield, and the last one, given a free release. He looks slight enough that I don't know if he can beat man to man coverage at the NFL level. But I'm basing this on just the three tds I saw him score today, and have never seen any other highlights of him ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 01:30 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Smith looks fast and all, but I'm a bit concerned that he scored all three TDs being practically uncovered. The first two, catching out of the backfield, and the last one, given a free release. He looks slight enough that I don't know if he can beat man to man coverage at the NFL level. But I'm basing this on just the three tds I saw him score today, and have never seen any other highlights of him ever.

Neither him nor Chase are going to put up elite athlete WR numbers. 
Reply/Quote