Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bengals get best of BB in day 2 trade?
Doesn't seem like it matters really. If Jackson was our guy all along then yes we got an extra pick. I didn’t care for the trade but at least some of the more well liked players were off the board when we took Jackson instead of taking him at our orig spot in the second. Did we just trade a starter for 3 backups? Who knows. But it sounds like it was going to happen regardless anyway.
Reply/Quote
The patriots had a lot of picks this draft it seems like. They could afford it obviously. I really thought barmore was going in the first. This draft was not strong for idl. If they felt it was a need, and obviously they did, they wouldn’t have done they deal. They knew we were probably wanting more picks and got their guy.

Both teams can win a trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 11:18 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: If the Bengals drafted the wrong guy in the 2nd round then the trade back was a disaster.   I re-watched the Ohio State vs. Clemson game and Carman just seems like a typical college OL, I don't see anything special.   He also needs to hit the gym, he kind of looks like a fat guy without a very muscular build.  He doesn't look like a dominant NFL OL to me.  I really don't see why he is being hyped up so much, even without the injury.

You don't like the selection and are not going to like the selection. We all get it. They were in the market for a guard and got a very good prospect. So a single game was enough for an evaluation?  I guess people see things very differently. Carman is a guy that I saw get smoothly and fluidly to the second level, identify the next target, and engage the target quickly and effectively. He does really good work in the screen game. 
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well according to ESPN, yes and was 3rd best trade value in the entire draft.

"Just three picks before this trade, the Broncos paid a fourth-round pick and got back a sixth-rounder to move up five spots. Here, the Patriots dealt two fourth-rounders without getting anything back to move up eight spots and draft Alabama defensive tackle Christian Barmore.

Bottom line: The Bengals got Bill Belichick to pay up here, increasing the value of their original No. 38 pick by roughly 60%. With the picks acquired, Cincinnati selected offensive tackle Jackson Carman in the second round and then defensive tackle Tyler Shelvin and offensive tackle D'Ante Smith."

Thoughts? I know hard to see in next 2021 if a great move or a bad move us passing on 2 OT's who appear game ready in 2021. But, it appears we have 3 guys versus 1 who may become NFL starters at some point.

Damn it. Loved the trade just hating ESPN agreeing lol
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 08:59 PM)OSUfan Wrote: You don't like the selection and are not going to like the selection. We all get it. They were in the market for a guard and got a very good prospect. So a single game was enough for an evaluation?  I guess people see things very differently. Carman is a guy that I saw get smoothly and fluidly to the second level, identify the next target, and engage the target quickly and effectively. He does really good work in the screen game. 

You know what sucks is that these guys bitching about the pick and railing endlessly on Carman, the Bengals, Mike Brown, Paul Alexander, and anyone else in the org is that if Carman turns out to be a really strong player, these guys will all just say a quick ,"Yeah, he's good", and move on as if they didn't crap on these guys for weeks.

Like, the way people are acting is absurd and if the guy turns out to be good, they get to shrug their shoulders and then never own it near to the degree they have dished it out.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:24 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You know what sucks is that these guys bitching about the pick and railing endlessly on Carman, the Bengals, Mike Brown, Paul Alexander, and anyone else in the org is that if Carman turns out to be a really strong player, these guys will all just say a quick ,"Yeah, he's good", and move on as if they didn't crap on these guys for weeks.

Like, the way people are acting is absurd and if the guy turns out to be good, they get to shrug their shoulders and then never own it near to the degree they have dished it out.

Most of the people hating the pick didn't know much about Carman before the pick and saw OT next to him and thought he was
purely that. Synric, me and a bunch of other posters in the Draft forum knew about Carman and wanted him in the 2nd or 3rd 
round. Carman is big, athletic, has great technique, is extremely strong, has good hands and good feet.

To trade back, get Carman and two 4th rounders in Shelvin and D'Ante Smith and Ossai was knocking it out of the park IMO.

I think these guys bitching about Carman WILL eat major crow and they better own up. Our right side of the OL is gonna be so 
much better than last season. The main position I am concerned about is Center cause of Hop's injury but it doesn't seem to be 
a concern with Pollack and the coaches and they know more than me as I don't get to watch the players progress.
Reply/Quote
Most fan draft pundits don't think about trades correctly. The bengals didn't just get the two guys with the extra picks - the extra picks then affected additional picks down the line. With the hike plugged in the fourth, the bengals were able to pick a top kicker prospect in the fifth. All picks from the fourth round on would likely have been different guys without the trade.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 9441860.jpg]

Opinions vary

Check out a recent image:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/16/22438836/bengals-news-5-16-big-shoes-to-fill

[Image: usa_today_10790334.0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Pats got the IDL they coveted and we still got our man while also picking up 2 4th rounders. Both sides win.

As to Carman, I knew who he was before the draft also. And as Guards go he was #2 on my list (the only one more desired was Vera Tucker who I knew we had no shot at). And really had Carman been ready to go for Pro Day I suspect we would have had to stay at our original spot to get him and he might have gone late in the first.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 05:45 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Check out a recent image:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/16/22438836/bengals-news-5-16-big-shoes-to-fill

That pic is from 2018. The one you were responding to was 2019.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 05:45 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Check out a recent image:

[Image: usa_today_10790334.0.jpg]

Tee Higgins back there staring like "Damn, that dude is FAT"..  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tee Higgins back there staring like "Damn, that dude is FAT"..  LOL
Then there's this fatass: 

I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tee Higgins back there staring like "Damn, that dude is FAT"..  LOL

Tee must be waaaay back there, because he's not in that pic. LOL
Reply/Quote
The bengals had holes to fill and not enough draft capital..I make that trade every day of the week and twice on Sundays.. Carmen is pretty athletic for a big guy just watch him on screen plays you'd be surprised how fast he is at his size..

I know someone questioned his figure but I'm here to tell you his playing strength is solid IMO he was a solid selection but we'll see only time will tell..
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The bengals had holes to fill and not enough draft capital..I  make that trade every day of the week and twice on Sundays.. Carmen is pretty athletic for a big guy just watch him on screen plays you'd be surprised how fast he is at his size..

I know someone questioned his figure but I'm here to tell you his playing strength is solid IMO he was a solid selection but we'll see only time will tell..

Agreed. Big, fast for his size, athletic mauler that CAN play OT if need be. 

Cannot find a better pick in round 2 IMO, let alone adding 2 fourth round picks that could be steals.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 04:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The patriots had a lot of picks this draft it seems like.  They could afford it obviously.  I really thought barmore was going in the first.  This draft was not strong for idl.  If they felt it was a need, and obviously they did, they wouldn’t have done they deal.  They knew we were probably wanting more picks and got their guy.  

Both teams can win a trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the feeling you think Pats have extra picks no big deal just throwing them away. I understand they had extra picks, but they tossed to 4th rounders to us, to young inexpensive picks they could have used to build their future. I know Bengals and Pats in 2 different places right now, but I think Bengal's had Carmen as their guy all along which created an opportunity to add 2 longer term prospects. So, Pats got their guy, we got our guy as we were taking an OL in round 2 + we got more, on other hand yes Pats got their guy but they gave up a lot to get him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I get the feeling you think Pats have extra picks no big deal just throwing them away. I understand they had extra picks, but they tossed to 4th rounders to us, to young inexpensive picks they could have used to build their future. I know Bengals and Pats in 2 different places right now, but I think Bengal's had Carmen as their guy all along which created an opportunity to add 2 longer term prospects. So, Pats got their guy, we got our guy as we were taking an OL in round 2 + we got more, on other hand yes Pats got their guy but they gave up a lot to get him.

They did and it probably will work out well for both teams.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:54 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: The bengals had holes to fill and not enough draft capital..I  make that trade every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

This.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 12:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tee must be waaaay back there, because he's not in that pic. LOL

He took that pic.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The thought of getting Sewell and Barmore before the draft to me was a fantasy draft.I hope im wrong but that is the way i would have went.
Reply/Quote