Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bengals get best of BB in day 2 trade?
Put me in the wait and see camp. I've seen too many times where "experts" gave the Bengals draft an "A" grade, only to have the picks turn into disatrous players. I remember several pundits saying Paul Dawson was a steal. How'd that work out? They also rated the 2015 draft of the Bengals very highly. And that's not the only year the experts screwed the pooch.

Let's see what happens on game days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2021, 12:47 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Put me in the wait and see camp. I've seen too many times where "experts" gave the Bengals draft an "A" grade, only to have the picks turn into disatrous players. I remember several pundits saying Paul Dawson was a steal. How'd that work out? They also rated the 2015 draft of the Bengals very highly. And that's not the only year the experts screwed the pooch.

Let's see what happens on game days.

Of course we have no facts yet, we won't for 3 to 5 years no the results. But, I like Bengals odds. 3 players to Pats one player. The Pats one player has to be better than our 3 combined. I think Carman will be a starter in 2021 for us and Barmore starts for them in 2021.

Our bonus picks are a DT in Shelvin and an OT in Smith, 2 guys we would not have got if no trade. I like both of them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I get the feeling you think Pats have extra picks no big deal just throwing them away. I understand they had extra picks, but they tossed to 4th rounders to us, to young inexpensive picks they could have used to build their future. I know Bengals and Pats in 2 different places right now, but I think Bengal's had Carmen as their guy all along which created an opportunity to add 2 longer term prospects. So, Pats got their guy, we got our guy as we were taking an OL in round 2 + we got more, on other hand yes Pats got their guy but they gave up a lot to get him.

No, I don't think they were just throwing them away.  The original post leads one to think we got the best of Billy boy.  My point was they had the capital to move up if they wanted.  They saw a player who they wanted and went after him.  We were able to get our guy and add picks.  As I said in another thread both teams can win a trade
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 10:21 PM)slim 751 Wrote: The thought of getting Sewell and Barmore before the draft to me was a fantasy draft.I hope im wrong but that is the way i would have went.

Honestly not against that at all. We will see how it plays out. All I know is that we addressed the trenches while getting Chase...

Could be even better.
Reply/Quote