Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Chase send a not so subtle message to Joe?
(02-17-2023, 03:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You can't help yourself can you?  It's ok, you will grow up someday.

Wait, why do you get to have fun w my posts, but I can't have fun w yours?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 03:58 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Wait, why do you get to have fun w my posts, but I can't have fun w yours? 

[Image: life-isnt-fair-snape.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 03:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [Image: life-isnt-fair-snape.gif]

It is if we allow it to be.

Just relax and let it happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 04:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It is if we allow it to be.

Just relax and let it happen.

[Image: are-you-hitting-on-me-brandon-scott.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 09:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure how you missed him hesitate and laugh before saying he didn't know and then he clearly said someone would have to do something?

Well, they can sign all 3 of them, but it will hurt the team at other positions. That's how the cap works.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't take my advice, did you? Cards did and he now feels much better. You gotta release the frustration.

Beats the heck out of eating a Snicker's, and Snickers are pretty darn good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:18 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I read your posts and add in a Daffy Duck styled lisp and it's as if you're right here next to me. My own little Rain Man whispering words if encouraging advice. Gives me Hancock levels of release when I factually correct you to the point where all you can do is start thinking about my hog. That's my leadership for you - ask Brad hog and leadership are related. My hog is like the conch shell in Lord of the Flies to some of you scrubs. I love that.

Seriously, though, I do appreciate you attempting to hold Fred's jock for him as the board troll while he's on sabbatical. If we ever meet at a Bengals Board event (unlikely since most of you internet nerds can't handle the anxiety you get outside of your dwellings), I will gladly high-five you and get your food bill and whatever you're drinking for the night. You often miss the mark, but I applaud your effort. I probably wouldn't employ you in real life, but I would definitely feed you. 

Personally went with Handcock to achieve my pinnacle level release. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 08:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Personally went with Handcock to achieve my pinnacle level release. 

The only way to go is shooting a hole through your roof. I'm with you... in spirit. Not literally. That would cost you. Or me. Either way, I'm only metaphorically with you.
Reply/Quote
The easiest guy to make money work is Burrow. It’s way easier to ask him to take less than it is to have 5 other guys switch up their contracts

I’m at the point where i just want the damn contract signed so i can piece together what the cap will look like
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 09:31 PM)Housh Wrote: The easiest guy to make money work is Burrow. It’s way easier to ask him to take less than it is to have 5 other guys switch up their contracts

I’m at the point where i just want the damn contract signed so i can piece together what the cap will look like

True, Joe is going to make mad money anyway, easier to concentrate on his contract and see what he is willing to accept and 
go from there. BTW, good job getting the thread back on track instead of the personal attacks lol
Reply/Quote
Good god, arguing over things that don't really matter.
Chase and Burrow are buds, they are not joined at the hip. Just cause they don't hang in the same circles doesn't mean they won't go to bat for each other.

I'm sure we all have a friend or two that we chat with frequently, but doesn't "hang" with our respected circles. The whole thing is just pointless.
Reply/Quote
I have friends who are friends with other people who I don’t hang with. This is a crazy thread. Chase or Burrow sending secret messages through the media? What is this? Makes zero sense.

Anyway, my theory. It’s simple.

-Mixon, Bates, Hurst, Boyd….cut or traded (if possible).

-Burrow, Chase, Higgins get extensions

Bengals draft a TE, a RB and a slot receiver and have them on rookie contracts the next few years

We win SuperBowls
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:08 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Good god, arguing over things that don't really matter.
Chase and Burrow are buds, they are not joined at the hip. Just cause they don't hang in the same circles doesn't mean they won't go to bat for each other.

I'm sure we all have a friend or two that we chat with frequently, but doesn't "hang" with our respected circles. The whole thing is just pointless.

Graphicguy Wrote:I have friends who are friends with other people who I don’t hang with. This is a crazy thread. Chase or Burrow sending secret messages through the media? What is this? Makes zero sense.

It's why I asked "Why do things have to be so hard around here".

As to the OP: At the end of the day Chase, Joe, and Tee are going to do what is best for them and theirs. If one/more decide that's staying together on the cheap, that's what they'll do. If they determine it's going to whoever pays the most, that's what they'll do.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:08 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Good god, arguing over things that don't really matter.

This
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Dammit man.....this thing still raging? LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ouch lol. I have a career, a family, and I'm social. Thought I'd separate myself from the board dwellers.

Who Dey

Let's be kind!

LoL, yeah, I predominantly lurk here during downtime at work....and a little after the games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 10:29 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I have friends who are friends with other people who I don’t hang with.  This is a crazy thread.  Chase or Burrow sending secret messages through the media?  What is this?  Makes zero sense.

Anyway, my theory.  It’s simple.

-Mixon, Bates, Hurst, Boyd….cut or traded (if possible).

-Burrow, Chase, Higgins get extensions

Bengals draft a TE, a RB and a slot receiver and have them on rookie contracts the next few years

We win SuperBowls

I clearly stated twice that the title was click bait, but you be you.

The only TE on the roster is Asiasi and rookie TEs usually take a year or two to be ready.  Mayer is probably plug-n-play ready.

We have no WR3 to take Boyd's place, counting on us finding a rookie to be as productive is very risky.  See John Ross and several others in every draft.

TE would seem necessary, more speed in the backfield and in the receiving core would be helpful, CB depth could be addressed.

Oline may be the highest priority if LC isnt going to be ready.

We could also be looking ahead for Trey and DJ replacements.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dammit man.....this thing still raging? LOL
That's what you asked about that genital rash. 

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 08:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Beats the heck out of eating a Snicker's, and Snickers are pretty darn good

When I was a kid I got a Zero bar and my ol man said "When I was a kid I had a dog named Zero.  I named him that because he was white like the candy bar.  He died on my birthday."

Now if I ever get a Zero bar my wife gets to hear me talking about my dead dad talking about his dead dog.  Sadly, this chain will likely end when I'm dead.

[Image: 300px-Zero_candybrand_logo.png]

[Image: 375px-Zero-Split.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: When I was a kid I got a Zero bar and my ol man said "When I was a kid I had a dog named Zero.  I named him that because he was white like the candy bar.  He died on my birthday."

Now if I ever get a Zero bar my wife gets to hear me talking about my dead dad talking about his dead dog.  Sadly, this chain will likely end when I'm dead.

[Image: 300px-Zero_candybrand_logo.png]

[Image: 375px-Zero-Split.jpg]
Sorry that your dad's dog dies on your birthday

Reply/Quote