Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Cincinnati Fans boo Dalton at a charity event?
(07-14-2015, 08:26 AM)JADefense Wrote: Booing Dalton at a charity event is just plain ignorant.  Period.

I agree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wouldn't care if it was at a football game and he had just done something wrong.

But to boo a guy during introduction at a charity softball game is embarrassing for the entire Cincinnati fan base.  There is just no excuse for it.  It makes us all look like ignorant ********.

[Image: nail+hammer.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 07:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don't really care about the booing. I'm not someone that boos at sporting events. What did bother me, was Dalton's response. "It doesn't matter." Pretty much sums up his entire career to this point. Just once I'd like to see some fire or bravado from this guy. He should have said "Yeah it ticked me off and I'm going to shut up all the critics by playing the best football of my life this season." That's a QB that I could support and can lead a team, but hey "it doesn't matter"

Does getting boo'd at a charity event and not an actual football game matter? Aside from some underwhelming playoff games what has Andy done to deserve getting boo'd at a charity event. Its just a low class showing from the fan base, plain and simple. Boo him on the football field all you want, but save that crap for Sundays. And people wonder why we have a hard time attracting and keeping good players in this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wouldn't care if it was at a football game and he had just done something wrong.

But to boo a guy during introduction at a charity softball game is embarrassing for the entire Cincinnati fan base.  There is just no excuse for it.  It makes us all look like ignorant ********.

well stated.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 07:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don't really care about the booing. I'm not someone that boos at sporting events. What did bother me, was Dalton's response. "It doesn't matter." Pretty much sums up his entire career to this point. Just once I'd like to see some fire or bravado from this guy. He should have said "Yeah it ticked me off and I'm going to shut up all the critics by playing the best football of my life this season." That's a QB that I could support and can lead a team, but hey "it doesn't matter"

Yeah, but...  That's not who he really is.  If he were to act that way, it would come off insincere and phony.  He doesn't have to be all rah rah before a game.  He has a big, feisty, corn fed, southern boy on his blind side that does that.  Carson Palmer wasn't that way either.  He, like Dalton, was a calm spokesperson for the team.  Willie Anderson did a lot of the rah rah stuff then.

Andy Dalton was probably big time in his Texas HS football conference.  He's probably been booed ever since those days.  It doesn't matter to him...  If being booed bothers him, he's in the wrong profession.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A part of me hopes Andy get's released and go's to the Saints and leads them to a Super Bowl just to make the haters cry more tears. I'm beyond sick of the idiots blaming everything on him. We wouldn't have won any of those playoff games with *insert your pick of your GOAT QB* here ....................................., because we sucked in all facets of the game all 4 times.

Quick reminder, we were suppose to be terrible again when Palmer quit. The ship was sinking back to the bottom of the ocean. Does anybody not remember this????

We draft Dalton and Green at number 1 and 2 and without any guidance whatsoever from veteran players, they lead this team, the Bengals, to the playoffs a franchise record 4 straight times. I get it, it's human nature to want more once you have a taste but sometimes you just have to kick back, relax, and think about things..have a little perspective.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 11:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: without any guidance whatsoever from veteran players, they lead this team, the Bengals, to the playoffs a franchise record 4 straight times.

This is a bit over the top.  Whitworth and Peko have been bigger leaders than Andy and AJ.
Reply/Quote
They weren't saying "boo" they were saying "Booo-alton." Or "Andy Dalt-oooooooo-n."
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They weren't saying "boo" they were saying "Booo-alton."  Or "Andy Dalt-oooooooo-n."

Hahahahahaha where'd the guy go that said they were really chanting "Whoooooo dey!" to Andy?
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Hahahahahaha where'd the guy go that said they were really chanting "Whoooooo dey!" to Andy?

Ahh, that's MUCH more believable.  Maybe they were saying "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Bowl is a certainty with Andy Dalt-ooooooooooooooooooooooooon playing quarter back-ooooooooooooooooooo!"
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 12:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ahh, that's MUCH more believable.  Maybe they were saying "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Bowl is a certainty with Andy Dalt-ooooooooooooooooooooooooon playing quarter back-ooooooooooooooooooo!"

I almost don't want to post this because I'm afraid you may hurt yourself laughing too hard, I know you enjoy this type of stuff....

"Hijacking top comment to inform everyone that he was not being booed. I was there and we were collectively yelling "Whoooooooodey!" which to the CBS analysts sounded like boos. It's making me really mad to see this story everywhere and it's so untrue.

EDIT: But yes Urban was definitely getting booed at first. Big difference.
" - cosmicgeoffry of Reddit

Link - http://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/3d2laf/andy_dalton_booed_at_celebrity_softball_game/

I forgot that I saw it on Reddit and not here, which is probably why I couldn't find the post when I was searching earlier. Man, that's some good stuff right there. The guy seems dead serious too LOL After somebody said they definitely heard booing in their section, he replies again saying...

"Really? Are you sure it wasn't a deep, long, and drawn out "whooooo dey"?

I didn't hear a single boo in my section, even at the beginning."
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 02:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a bit over the top.  Whitworth and Peko have been bigger leaders than Andy and AJ.

I meant at their positions Fred. Dalton didn't have a veteran Qb to learn anything from and Green didn't have anything special at receiver. Remember when grooming a Qb use to be really important? (Ex: Carson sat a year, Rodgers sat many). Now all of the young guns are just thrown out there and expected to succeed right away. 

Reply/Quote
I was at the game and can tell you that it was more cheers than boos. Not only that, many of the people who were booing were not Reds fans and probably not from Cincinnati. He got loud cheers with the HR's he hit. Good for him. He was out there with doing a good thing to represent the city he plays football for.

Any St. Louis Cardinal player, on the other hand, got booed incessantly. Got a bit tiresome really.
Reply/Quote
Oh, and Cincinnati did a terrific job with the festivities. Congratulations. You Cincinnatians should be proud.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I seen the video, sounded like one dude.. perhaps... I don't think much of it!!   ThumbsUp

I didn't even know Corner Blitz had tickets to the charity softball game.
Reply/Quote