Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Someone Say Bowers?
The only offensive weapon I want at 18, unless someone crazy falls, is Bowers.

Huge upgrade to the starting rotation.

Makes the TE room a position of strength.

Even with Bowers, I would toss money to get Boyd back to ensure Burrow is comfortable.

Reinforce the o-line. Improve the d-line (some suggested fishing Higgins for Dexter Lawrence, which would be AMAZING). Bolster the lines and let Joe go to work untouched, and not playing from behind.

It will be filthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 12:07 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: The only offensive weapon I want at 18, unless someone crazy falls, is Bowers.

Huge upgrade to the starting rotation.

Makes the TE room a position of strength.

Even with Bowers, I would toss money to get Boyd back to ensure Burrow is comfortable.

Reinforce the o-line. Improve the d-line (some suggested fishing Higgins for Dexter Lawrence, which would be AMAZING). Bolster the lines and let Joe go to work untouched, and not playing from behind.

It will be filthy.

Completely agree with everything you say here Rugby. I would be for Brian Thomas Jr, but Brock Bowers would be great with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Bowers did not test at the combine. He also didn't test at his pro day. He weighed in heavier than many expected at the combine, at 6'3", 243 lbs. Many believed he'd weigh in around 230, maybe 235. Many feared he'd weigh in as 225.

The thing that concerns me is what if his playing weight is closer to 225, and he is sitting out of these workouts because he's "injured" but in reality, he just bulked up for the off season, but doesn't want to test at that weight as it would hurt his stock, so he's leaving the judgment of his athleticism to his tape while technically weighing enough to be a "#1 TE" despite never playing at that weight.

He has an individual workout scheduled for April 10th. Hopefully, he's healed enough to do the drills at that point and puts up a great RAS at that 243 lbs.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:00 PM)CJD Wrote: Bowers did not test at the combine. He also didn't test at his pro day. He weighed in heavier than many expected at the combine, at 6'3", 243 lbs. Many believed he'd weigh in around 230, maybe 235. Many feared he'd weigh in as 225.

The thing that concerns me is what if his playing weight is closer to 225, and he is sitting out of these workouts because he's "injured" but in reality, he just bulked up for the off season, but doesn't want to test at that weight as it would hurt his stock, so he's leaving the judgment of his athleticism to his tape while technically weighing enough to be a "#1 TE" despite never playing at that weight.

He has an individual workout scheduled for April 10th. Hopefully, he's healed enough to do the drills at that point and puts up a great RAS at that 243 lbs.

All good questions and could decide whether he falls to us or not. Regardless, Brock doesn't seem the type to not go all out once he 
becomes a Pro to be the best TE in football.
Reply/Quote
NFL Network just mentioned us as the best spot for Bowers because he'd open things up for Chase and Higgins (or whoever, if he's gone) and vice-versa!

It got me excited because that's my dude so it's nice to hear my thoughts re-enforced and a builds my confidence that he's be the perfect pick for us!

Him or Sanders but I'm beyond pumped for either one because of how much they'd improve our offense!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 06:00 PM)CJD Wrote: Bowers did not test at the combine. He also didn't test at his pro day. He weighed in heavier than many expected at the combine, at 6'3", 243 lbs. Many believed he'd weigh in around 230, maybe 235. Many feared he'd weigh in as 225.

So what did Brock's individual workout look like?
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 01:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So what did Brock's individual workout look like?

They say he KILLED IT and put up an EXPLOSIVE WORKOUT!

Quote:Bowers, at 241 pounds, looked explosive/moved well. 

That's great at that weight, but the Giants and Jets both had their TE coach there, so he'd be even less likely to fall to us. 

Trade Tee to the Pats and use that draft capital to move up!

Puts all doubts aside for me and shows that he's working on his body and his game.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 02:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They say he KILLED IT and put up an EXPLOSIVE WORKOUT!

That's great at that weight, but the Giants and Jets both had their TE coach there, so he'd be even less likely to fall to us. 

Trade Tee to the Pats and use that draft capital to move up!

Puts all doubts aside for me and shows that he's working on his body and his game.

Would be cool to get a little more info than he was explosive and moved well lol
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be cool to get a little more info than he was explosive and moved well lol

Those are literally the only descriptions I can find from any website lol

None of them offer many details other than the weight and that he "moved well."
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 01:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So what did Brock's individual workout look like?

He chose not to do the typical tests (40 yard, 3 cone etc), but apparently looked explosive during positional drills while weighing it at 241 lbs.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116324-report-brock-bowers-was-explosive-at-2024-nfl-draft-pro-day-as-jets-giants-attend

Quote:Bowers "looked explosive" and "moved well" while doing position drills attended by New York Giants tight ends coach Tim Kelly and New York Jets tight ends coach Ron Middleton, according to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer.

Quote:Both Bowers and Mims "only did position drills" and no other testing, Breer noted. He added that Mims "declined to weigh in."

Mims underwent testing at the NFL Combine, while Bowers did not undergo tests due to a hamstring injury.
Bowers' production at Georgia is likely to help him maintain his position as an early first-round pick despite the lack of recent physical test data.

It's still concerning to me that he chose to forego all athletic testing, but the fact that he still looked explosive in the positional drills at 241 was a good sign. His stock will likely remain where it is.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 04:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those are literally the only descriptions I can find from any website lol

None of them offer many details other than the weight and that he "moved well."

Cool, thanks Brad.

(04-11-2024, 07:09 PM)CJD Wrote: He chose not to do the typical tests (40 yard, 3 cone etc), but apparently looked explosive during positional drills while weighing it at 241 lbs.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116324-report-brock-bowers-was-explosive-at-2024-nfl-draft-pro-day-as-jets-giants-attend

It's still concerning to me that he chose to forego all athletic testing, but the fact that he still looked explosive in the positional drills at 241 was a good sign. His stock will likely remain where it is.

Sounds like nothing Earth shattering or anything, just that the Jets and Giants are ahead of us and if they liked what they saw will probably 
grab him up. Too bad as I was wanting him if he fell, I am not for trading up for him. Give me Mims, Murphy or Newton and I am happy.

Draft Ben Sinnott in the 3rd and we have our next TE for the foreseeable future that can do it all.
Reply/Quote