Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disgusting game day thread behavior
I was astonished by the disgusting comments made by some, in the game day thread tonight. Shazier was still lying on the field, and it was clear that his injury was potentially devastating and life altering. We may have just witnessed the last steps a man will ever take on live tv, and people were berating him, and taking pleasure in him being out of the game.

What kind of profound personality defect would lead someone to behave like that?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I was astonished by the disgusting comments made by some, in the game day thread tonight. Shazier was still lying on the field, and it was clear that his injury was potentially devastating and life altering. We may have just witnessed the last steps a man will ever take on live tv, and people were berating him, and taking pleasure in him being out of the game.

What kind of profound personality defect would lead someone to behave like that?

The same kind that watched that piece of sh1t spear Gio to the head in 2015. Get off your effing high horse.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I was astonished by the disgusting comments made by some, in the game day thread tonight. Shazier was still lying on the field, and it was clear that his injury was potentially devastating and life altering. We may have just witnessed the last steps a man will ever take on live tv, and people were berating him, and taking pleasure in him being out of the game.

I'm glad I was not following it.  And I'm glad you said something.  Deeply disturbing if that's what was going on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I gotta be honest, when I saw him down I thought:

"good for him, when you play the way he does, it's only a matter of time before you have a season ending injury."

And, I was pretty damn happy to see him out of the game.

Then I saw the replay and realized that he more than likely broke his back. I still was glad to see him out of hte game, but I didn't want it to affect his life the way that it will.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)Utts Wrote: What kind of profound personality defect would lead someone to behave like that?

Perhaps it was the knowledge that the Steelers would watch him get carted off on the board and then gleefully send one of the Bengals out on it before the night was through, as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps it was the knowledge that the Steelers would watch him get carted off on the board and then gleefully send one of the Bengals out on it before the night was through, as well.

So put you down as "Approve"?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I personally didn't realize the severity of the injury. You obviously don't want it to be permanent regardless of your feelings towards the man and the team he plays for.

Reply/Quote
When i saw a steeler standing over our best defensive player mocking him after cheap shotting his face. I too felt that hatred and dark side flow through me.
Reply/Quote
Reports coming in that it looks like a spinal chord concussion, a previous player had this and they missed 1 game. I would suggest retirement...

A chief culprit was “spearing,” the tackling technique of lowering the head and hitting an opponent with the crown of the helmet. “Lowering the head even slightly reverses the spine’s normal curvature,” says Dr. Bell. “This results in a straightened spine that can’t properly absorb the force applied in a collision. Fracture of the vertebrae that surround the spinal cord can result, with possible spinal cord injury.”

As spearing’s effects became better understood, the technique was banned from all levels of football in the 1970s, and rates of quadriplegia and less serious spine injuries in football fell substantially. Rates of CCN likely fell as well, although CCN was not formally recognized until the mid-1980s.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I hope he gets to go home soon and able to run and walk without any issues.

I also don't give one shite if he plays football again. It's not the first, second or third time he's led with helmet. The first time that I saw him do it, he was celebrating at midfield while Gio Bernard was still on the ground. Screw him and anyone like him. I can't wait until Vontaze Burfict meets up with Smith-Shuster next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: When i saw a steeler standing over our best defensive player mocking him after cheap shotting his face. I too felt that hatred and dark side flow through me.

Yeah. I can't wait until next year when these guys play each other. Hopefully we have a coach with balls and Burfict isn't suspended for hitting someone too hard. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:42 AM)Utts Wrote: So put you down as "Approve"?

No, I'm just saying that I can see why not everyone was feeling as sympathetic as you.  Personally, I don't participate in the whole passive hope/wish/think/pray thing so I don't really get on people if they choose to or choose not to.  Shazier's life and actions are out of my hands no matter what I hope happens, but that's just my take.

I'm more interested in why people look at a situation such as that and then take varying sides or opinions.  The way people react to things is what interests me.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it’s as much as people celebrating the result of the hit and injury. But in all honestly it’s real difficult to feel sorry for someone who refuses to change the way they play an already dangerous game. Especially when the way they play has already seriously injured another player.

Just in the way I wouldn’t feel all that sorry for someone who repeatedly drinks and drives and gets told over and over the consequences of possibly hurting themselves and others and yet continues to do so.

I hope for his sake that he’s not paralyzed but I’m glad that he hasn’t killed or paralyzed anybody else by his careless play. I hope if anything, some good comes out of this that other NFL players and any younger spectators that play football realize the seriousness of not leading with their helmets.
Reply/Quote

I don't remember reading anything overly sociopathic tbh. Just your usual steeler bengal rival speak up until they INTENTIONALLY CHEAP SHOTTED BURFICT..
Reply/Quote

Shazier is a dummy who constantly leads with his helmet with his head down. I pray he recovers, but could less whether he ever takes another snap.
Why should I?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Utts is right; there were a bunch of pretty sick comments made about the Shazier injury. Regardless of his on field behavior no one deserves to be injured like that.
Reply/Quote
It’s obviously moronic to want any other person to be seriously physically injured, I for 1 believe in karma. A player getting hurt while trying to hurt other players is a part of that karma.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:54 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I don’t think it’s as much as people celebrating the result of the hit and injury.  But in all honestly it’s real difficult to feel sorry for someone who refuses to change the way they play an already dangerous game.  Especially when the way they play has already seriously injured another player.  

Just in the way I wouldn’t feel all that sorry for someone who repeatedly drinks and drives and gets told over and over the consequences of possibly hurting themselves and others and yet continues to do so.  

I hope for his sake that he’s not paralyzed but I’m glad that he hasn’t killed or paralyzed anybody else by his careless play.  I hope if anything, some good comes out of this that other NFL players and any younger spectators that play football realize the seriousness of not leading with their helmets.

This ^^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
Given he made a habit of leading with his head, I wouldn't judge anyone for not mourning the end of his career. However, I think it's sick to take any pleasure in him potentially being paralyzed, and not showing any empathy for him in that respect.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Shazier is a dummy who constantly leads with his helmet with his head down. I pray he recovers, but could less whether he ever takes another snap.
Why should I?

I think that's a reasonable point of view.
Reply/Quote