Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disgusting game day thread behavior
(12-05-2017, 12:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'd rather be soft than be a shitty person.

I don't personally care if they're cheering for Burfict's injury or what not.  It's not going to make me cheer for one of their players to have a spinal chord injury.

Gross people, man.

Spinal cord injury? Get a grip. Reports are he could play next week, but will likely only miss a week. Our players on the other hand...... You know, the ones we need to be caring about, will likely miss more games then Shazier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Spinal cord injury? Get a grip. Reports are he could play next week. Our players on the other hand...... You know, the ones we need to be caring about, will likely miss more games then Shazier.

Yes...a spinal cord injury.  You know...what it was being reported as when trashy people were cheering for it.

It seems that his injury is not as severe as initially reported.  I, for one, am glad about that.

Regarding our players, I still don't care whether Steelers players or fans are trashy enough to cheer for their injuries.  Either way, it won't make me do the same.  You can decide for yourself what kind of person you are.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well I won't spend the day mourning Shazier as Burfict's career is in jeopardy and being celebrated by fans across the sports world. That's for sure.

And as the Steelers with Shazier march to the AFC Championship, I'll remember those who spent the morning after their team took out our players, slamming fans for not crying over Shaziers self inflicted injury.

Hopefully as you wept for Shazier, you didn't forget Burfict and Mixon. You know. The two Bengals the Steelers brutally took out.

This must be Battered fan syndrome kinda like Stockholm syndrome.

Reply/Quote
Shazier has shown zero regard for player safety in the past. Plus openly danced in the middle of the field while a player he hit was still unconscious. He learned last night why it's just as dangerous for a defender to lead with his helmet as it is for the offensive player receiving the hit. I'm not shedding a tear for him and the fan reaction after the cheap shot on Burfict reaffirmed my stance. I hope Shazier isn't paralyzed, but I also hope he learns his lesson.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I won't spend the day mourning Shazier as Burfict's career is in jeopardy and being celebrated by fans across the sports world. That's for sure.

And as the Steelers with Shazier march to the AFC Championship, I'll remember those who spent the morning after their team took out our players, slamming fans for not crying over Shaziers self inflicted injury.

Hopefully as you wept for Shazier, you didn't forget Burfict and Mixon. You know. The two Bengals the Steelers brutally took out.

This must be Battered fan syndrome or Stockholm syndrome.

Again, if there are people cheering for Burfict's injury, they are trash.  Shitty people.  If you want to lump yourself in with them, be my guest.  

I still don't understand why seeing people be shitty people and getting upset about it makes a person feel like it's justified to also be a shitty person...provided we're doing it against a different team.

Disclaimer....I'm not calling you a shitty person, as I have no clue whether you're someone who was cheering that injury.  I'm speaking in general here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Was this the guy that broke Ketih River's jaw?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:13 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Again, if there are people cheering for Burfict's injury, they are trash.  Shitty people.  If you want to lump yourself in with them, be my guest.  

I still don't understand why seeing people be shitty people and getting upset about it makes a person feel like it's justified to also be a shitty person...provided we're doing it against a different team.

Disclaimer....I'm not calling you a shitty person, as I have no clue whether you're someone who was cheering that injury.  I'm speaking in general here.

I don't cheer injuries, but just like when Bengals fans threw trash at Big Ben as he was faking his injury and being carted off the field at the end of the WC game in 2015 (and fans said that was classless even though they knew Ben was the boy who cried injured, and as they slammed fellow Bengals fans Ben was returning to the game for his Cinderella story ending leaving those fans who attacked fellow Bengal fans looking like fools), I tend to turn a blind eye to Bengals fans who are disgraceful to Steelers. I won't slam them. Maybe it's a character flaw of mine, but...... We all have our weaknesses.

Reply/Quote
Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt (in general), now, when you have a player who likes to hurt other players and intentionally gets gratification when a player is down he has hurt, then the good o' adage applies "you get what you deserve" or "karma is a b*tch" or "there are consequences to your actions" etc.. etc.. these adages apply here whole heatedly. He will recover but his career is pretty much over (in the NFL as a player) and will most likely have chronic back (pain) problems permanently. Unfortunately some players play to hurt instead of just tackling.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:25 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Was this the guy that broke Ketih River's jaw?

That was Hines Ward.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was Hines Ward.

Ahh yeah.. and Huber or one of our kickers also had his jaw broken... Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:39 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I gotta be honest, when I saw him down I thought:

"good for him, when you play the way he does, it's only a matter of time before you have a season ending injury."

And, I was pretty damn happy to see him out of the game.

Then I saw the replay and realized that he more than likely broke his back.  I still was glad to see him out of hte game, but I didn't want it to affect his life the way that it will.

So I guess you were pretty happy when Burfect went down too?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I was astonished by the disgusting comments made by some, in the game day thread tonight. Shazier was still lying on the field, and it was clear that his injury was potentially devastating and life altering. We may have just witnessed the last steps a man will ever take on live tv, and people were berating him, and taking pleasure in him being out of the game.

What kind of profound personality defect would lead someone to behave like that?

yah I'm usually disgusted by the comments you guys are making in non game day threads... so I highly doubt those will be better when everyone around here only knows how to knee jerk react to everything  in over the top proportions
Reply/Quote
I know it has to be tiring being a moral police these days. So many things people can look down on you for these days, while living in that perfect white picket fence with the shutters and all.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:52 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I hope he gets to go home soon and able to run and walk without any issues.

I also don't give one shite if he plays football again. It's not the first, second or third time he's led with helmet. The first time that I saw him do it, he was celebrating at midfield while Gio Bernard was still on the ground. Screw him and anyone like him. I can't wait until Vontaze Burfict meets up with Smith-Shuster next year. 

Same way i feel, hope he will be fine in life but don't care if he is on the field again.

What he did to Gio and the way he celebrated was worse than anything Burfict has done IMHO.
Reply/Quote
the Squeelers are known for playing dirty. Playing dirty means intentionally hurting players or if you prefer the politically correct "hitting them so hard, they will think twice about catching a ball".

you dont get that from the Ravens or Browns, both with opposite victory poles.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same way i feel, hope he will be fine in life but don't care if he is on the field again.

What he did to Gio and the way he celebrated was worse than anything Burfict has done IMHO.

He'll be fine. Only person's career is in jeopardy is Burficts. 7 known concussions in 3 years..... He has some decisions to make.

Reply/Quote
I'm glad Shazier is going to be ok, and I mentioned last night, in the game day thread, that I hoped he would be. Hope Mixon and Tez are ok too. Now that being said, I have a question. As a fan would you you rather root for a team that wins by playing dirty or root for a team that plays within the rules, yet doesn't have the killer instinct to be a constant winner? The Raiders motto is "Just Win Baby", I think the Steelers take that to the extreme. In the game day thread I remarked "hook or by crook", maybe the Steelers motto should be,"Win by any means necessary, just make sure you win."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: He'll be fine. Only person's career is in jeopardy is Burficts. 7 known concussions in 3 years..... He has some decisions to make.

That many? Damn.

Would suck to lose my favorite LB'er of all time. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:38 AM)Utts Wrote: Given he made a habit of leading with his head, I wouldn't judge anyone for not mourning the end of his career. However, I think it's sick to take any pleasure in him potentially being paralyzed, and not showing any empathy for him in that respect.

Dalton and Gio did after the game.

I don't want anyone to get hurt, ESPECIALLY when it is a situation where someone is NOT leading with his head trying to punish other players, as in the case of Beckham.  I despise him as a person and root against him 100% of the time, but when I saw what happened to him, I winced and felt extremely sorry for him.  Almost like the Theismann injury!

I don't want to see ANYONE end up like Darryl Stingley, but when you are a head hunter like Shazier, it's bound to come back to bite you eventually!
Reply/Quote
If someone else hit him, I would feel bad. However, that didn't happen. A guy who takes every cheap shot he can get and always leads with the crown of his helmet trying to hurt people ended up hurting himself. If he ended his career before he ended another guys career with his own play, so be it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote