Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disgusting game day thread behavior
(12-05-2017, 09:20 AM)Takedown Wrote: Hmm 

Jerry
Reply/Quote
I remember Shazier spearing Bernard unconscious and the Steelers celebrating the fact.

I won't say Shazier's injury made my happy (Frankly it was sort of disturbing to watch in real time), but my instant reaction was "There's some karma for you." Funny that Antonio Brown considers Burfict's injury karma too, despite the fact that Shazier injured his own stupid ass for (once again) leading with his helmet. That locker room is full of hypocrites.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Really hard to feel sorry for a Steeler, especially one who laid out Bernard and received accolades for it. That being said, I found it one of those times when it was best to say nothing at the time. I did notice a heavy influx of rookie posters last night, and most of them added little if anything substantial to the conversation, almost seemed like Steeler trolls came out of the woodwork. Watching Boomer right now, and he said we were out coached in the final minutes, as they didn't kick the ball through the endzone and we predictably tried to bring it out, resulting in poor field position and handing the ball back to the Steelers for their eventual win. typical Bengal loss.
Reply/Quote
Anything bad that happens to a Steeler is well deserved. You play like they have for over forty years, you get what you earn. May they all rot in Hell. Not one iota of sympathy for a guy who hurt himself while trying to hurt a Bengal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Guessing you're not tweeting @AntonioBrown about this, are you? This is steelers football tho, right?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Funny thing is, I of course work around a lot of Steelers fans, and all I hear from a distance is "you see that JuJu hit on that thug". I want to ask them where there common decency is, but I already know the answer to that. We're supposed to wear the "choir boy" hat while they are guilt free to do what they want because IT"S THE STEELERS, BABY!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:01 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Funny thing is, I of course work around a lot of Steelers fans, and all I hear from a distance is "you see that JuJu hit on that thug". I want to ask them where there common decency is, but I already know the answer to that. We're supposed to wear the "choir boy" hat while they are guilt free to do what they want because IT"S THE STEELERS, BABY!

I've always found arguing with morons is a true waste of time.  You will never smarten them up and you might run the risk of them dumbing you down.  My mother always told me, don't let an asshole make you one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:03 AM)McC Wrote: I've always found arguing with morons is a true waste of time.  You will never smarten them up and you might run the risk of them dumbing you down.  My mother always told me, don't let an asshole make you one.

Sure, I say the same thing. But then irony smacks you right in the face when some fan asks you "how can you not feel bad for Shazier you heartless asshole?!". 

But...but...but you just said that about Tez??? And the numerous amount of other players careers you've hurt or ruined because "it's the Steelers way" and didn't blink and eye? I guess it's my shallow self seeing the world for what it is: a cruel, ****** up place. It's not for the faint of heart.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:11 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Sure, I say the same thing. But then irony smacks you right in the face when some fan asks you "how can you not feel bad for Shazier you heartless asshole?!". 

But...but...but you just said that about Tez??? And the numerous amount of other players careers you've hurt or ruined because "it's the Steelers way" and didn't blink and eye? I guess it's my shallow self seeing the world for what it is: a cruel, ***** up place. It's not for the faint of heart.

I have found there is a shut up line for Steeler fans--Six rings?  Show me yours.

Reply/Quote
Want to see disgusting? View comments here
Reply/Quote
I bet you you won't see Steelers fans on their board shaming other fans and the Steelers team for their celebration of knocking Burfict and Mixon out. They are actually high fiving each other and cheering. Laughing like everyone saw.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:23 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: You guys are terrible people about the Shazier injury. I seriously hope he’s ok and his family is ok.

He’s fine now. Scary shit though. Glad to hear he may only miss a game.

That said, we can now start talking about the shitty way he tackles which is why he got hurt in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:43 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I personally didn't realize the severity of the injury. You obviously don't want it to be permanent regardless of your feelings towards the man and the team he plays for.

I agree with this 100%.  I don't want the man to be paralyzed, but the laws of physics dictate that if you constantly lead with your head, something like this is bound to happen.  My hope is that piece of shit staff of theirs finally wakes up and quits teaching that shit.  I won't hold my breath though.  Ryan Shazier did not play that way at OSU, and Bud Dupree did not play like that at UK.  Now, all of the sudden, they constantly spear people.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bengals fans attacking one another over Shazier while he'll be fine and playing in the AFC Championship, while Steelers fans and players are celebrating Burfict being knocked out, screaming Karma, and gleefully posting on Twitter about his career being in jeopardy (which it is given his concussion history, and timeline).

We are just as soft as our favorite teams. Disgusting.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals fans attacking one another over Shazier while he'll be fine and playing in the AFC Championship, while Steelers fans and players are celebrating Burfict being knocked out, screaming Karma, and gleefully posting on Twitter about his career being in jeopardy (which it is given his concussion history, and timeline).

Exactly. I would never celebrate the injury of a player, that being said, calling out Bengals fans, while the entire nation celebrates Burfict being knocked out is a little unfair. Especially when one was a dirty hit, and the other was the player using poor tackling.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals fans attacking one another over Shazier while he'll be fine and playing in the AFC Championship, while Steelers fans and players are celebrating Burfict being knocked out, screaming Karma, and gleefully posting on Twitter about his career being in jeopardy (which it is given his concussion history, and timeline).

I'd rather be soft than be a shitty person.

I don't personally care if they're cheering for Burfict's injury or what not.  It's not going to make me cheer for one of their players to have a spinal chord injury.

Gross people, man.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The last place you ever, ever, ever what to go if you want rational content is the Game Day thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like Shazier. He's a Buckeye and he's a damn fine linebacker. It makes it tough because he's a Steeler and dirty. I was initially okay with the injury until seeing the severity. Upon seeing him lying there, not moving his legs, my attitude changed.

On the flip side, the people that are happy, celebrating, cheering, and whatever else about the Shazier injury wouldn't be nearly as happy if it was our own dirty linebacker. The same one who is constantly fined, suspended, playing dirty, and also leads with his head.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:12 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Really hard to feel sorry for a Steeler, especially one who laid out Bernard and received accolades for it. That being said, I found it one of those times when it was best to say nothing at the time. I did notice a heavy influx of rookie posters last night, and most of them added little if anything substantial to the conversation, almost seemed like Steeler trolls came out of the woodwork. Watching Boomer right now, and he said we were out coached in the final minutes, as they didn't kick the ball through the endzone and we predictably tried to bring it out, resulting in poor field position and handing the ball back to the Steelers for their eventual win. typical Bengal loss.

Good point that I haven’t seen mentioned.

Reply/Quote
I might feel bad for Shazier IF he were dragged off the street kicking and screaming and forced to play football against his will with no compensation whatsoever, but....These guys all do it willfully and gladly and are paid well for doing it despite knowing just how dangerous the job is.. Not only that, but they'll all celebrate causing brutal bodily harm and injury to their fellow players.. 
I'm supposed to feel bad about this? 
Well excuse me for not feeling any anguish over a bitter rival getting hurt when every single one of us knows he would celebrate harming any of our players.. Sympathy in this case is located in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphilis ..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote